Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 01:41 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,171,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
There's nothing manly about a man who says: "This is so gay" blah blah blah... I hear this from dudes, often times.

It's nothing but absolute ignorance and educational lag. And a sub-conscious projection of sexual orientational insecurity and doubt.
I hear it a lot. Some men a little on the "sensitive" side get bothered by it. Others could give a rip!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
That fact that its part of an "outfit" makes it gay.
Yep!
Seagal and Team shooting Belsco POST Target - YouTube

Old 02-24-2012, 01:49 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTM View Post
I hear it a lot. Some men a little on the "sensitive" side get bothered by it. Others could give a rip!
Sensitive my foot.

When a sizeable population is fighting for equal rights and acceptance, the best way to empathize with them is to egg at them with slurs put in place when hairy neanderthals sat around and ate wild fruits and scratched each other's heads for lice and ticks.

Evolve already.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:52 PM

699 posts, read 2,219,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post

Now, with all that being said, if here in Los Angeles, I see a dude wearing a scarf and he is NOT a celeb or someone who you would think would have a stylist, I would definitely think GAY. Or, dude who wants to break into the entertainment biz and is trying to be "unique" ........ and GAY.

and how big is your crystal ball? how do you KNOW these things?

Old 02-24-2012, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
Sensitive my foot.

When a sizeable population is fighting for equal rights and acceptance, the best way to empathize with them is to egg at them with slurs put in place when hairy neanderthals sat around and ate wild fruits and scratched each other's heads for lice and ticks.

Evolve already.
I don't evolve for "girly men". I never have and I never will. Maybe because I don't feel sorry for them!

Old 02-24-2012, 02:21 PM

3,484 posts, read 9,419,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I generally like scarves. I would never begrudge a guy the ability to keep the back of his neck warm. It's like scoffing at someone for having dorky mittens.

Those thin, trendy scarves worn as fashion accessories? They can work on young, thin, fashionable people.
Agreed on all counts. Apparently some of you don't live in areas that actually get a winter. Scarves aren't just accessories, they are functional. Try wearing a classic pea coat without a scarf in the winter. Your neck and chest will get mighty cold quickly.

I totally agree w/Julia on the thin accessory type scarves. Some men can pull them off but I think they are in the minority.

Old 02-24-2012, 02:54 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mels View Post
Agreed on all counts. Apparently some of you don't live in areas that actually get a winter. Scarves aren't just accessories, they are functional. Try wearing a classic pea coat without a scarf in the winter. Your neck and chest will get mighty cold quickly.

I totally agree w/Julia on the thin accessory type scarves. Some men can pull them off but I think they are in the minority.
Not to mention how itchy wool coats can be. Your neck will get all rashy.

Old 02-24-2012, 03:25 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,575,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mels View Post

I can understand wearing a scarf if the coat you're wearing offers no protection of the neck area such as a peacoat. The type of guy I speak of is one who is wearing a jacket or coat that fully zips up to the chin, yet feels the need to keep it zipped half way open so that he can accesorize his attire with a fashionable scarf! In my opinion, it just isnt a very manly thing to do. If you're cold, zip your damn jacket up and stop trying to look pretty.

Its almost like those golf douches that walk around with a sweater draped over thier shoulders as some sort of fashion statement. Either wear it or dont.

Old 02-24-2012, 03:32 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
I can understand wearing a scarf if the coat you're wearing offers no protection of the neck area such as a peacoat. The type of guy I speak of is one who is wearing a jacket or coat that fully zips up to the chin, yet feels the need to keep it zipped half way open so that he can accesorize his attire with a fashionable scarf! In my opinion, it just isnt a very manly thing to do. If you're cold, zip your damn jacket up and stop trying to look pretty.

Its almost like those golf douches that walk around with a sweater draped over thier shoulders as some sort of fashion statement. Either wear it or dont.

I guess I'd have to see the outfit to judge if it works or not. Scarves are a pretty common item here.

Edited: I understand that some outfits can look dumb because of impracticality. Like girls in puffy jackets, Ugg boots, and teeny shorts with bare legs. Are you cold or not?

Last edited by JustJulia; 02-24-2012 at 03:49 PM..

Old 02-24-2012, 03:41 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,027,746 times
You pilgrims have a problem with scarves

What's your opinion on men who wear scarves as a fashion statement?-johnwayne.jpg

Most dress up western attire has a type of scarf...fyi
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty