U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 02:40 AM

944 posts, read 1,366,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Quit using deodorant it is a useless product that does nothing but clog your pores and make things worse. If you shower as needed depending on what you have done that day there is no need for deodorant or anti persperant. I have never in my life used either but I shower daily and some days more than 2 or 3 times depending on the weather and if I have been doing work outside in the heat.
not all bodys sweating and BO are created the same ........ if i did not use deoderant i would smell. an have wet marks under my pits and I shower a lot with lavender shower jell or other jells
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 06:47 AM

5,070 posts, read 8,768,975 times
After a long day, I tend to stink a little.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:57 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,150,218 times
I think if I went without deodorant there would be some massive sweating going on.

What about the crystal deodorant. Do those work?

Old 07-11-2012, 09:30 AM

5,145 posts, read 10,429,096 times
Its deodorant build up on the fabric. Use tide laundry detergent. If that doesn't get it out you can spot treat the pits with lestoil. Its a degreaser that breaks up the build up. You can find it in the laundry section. Most all deodorants leave build up eventually. Dry cleaners can get it out with drycleaning fluid if you don't want to bother with it. But know that if your shirt is labeled for a water wash and NOT drycleaning the fluid may alter the color of the shirt's dye.

Tide seems to be the best maintenance detergent for breaking up that stuff and preventing constant lestoil treatments. If you have hard water in your area add a cup of baking soda to the wash too to aid in cleaning.

Those crystals never worked for me. They worked for a friend though that was a guy.

Old 07-11-2012, 09:58 AM

15,231 posts, read 23,764,219 times
No deoderant here.

It clogs your pores, and I don't want those chemicals in my body. If you are clean and shower daily, there is no problem. When I go to the gym and sweat and have a little odor, ( which is part of the male body) I don't care, it is all men at the gym, no one to offend.....were all in the same boat.

I also did the test, as soon as I would put deoderant on, I start to sweat within the half hour. No deoderant on, I don't. Only time I wear it if I am going to a function, deoderant and kush oil....but a regular working day, no.
I don't sweat sitting in a chair in the office, the a/c is like on zero. LOL

There are other men here that have done the same test.

I think it is a waste of money.

Old 07-11-2012, 09:59 AM

15,231 posts, read 23,764,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Pearson View Post
After a long day, I tend to stink a little.
it happens, it is a perfectly normal bodily function.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:15 AM

5,145 posts, read 10,429,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
No deoderant here.

It clogs your pores, and I don't want those chemicals in my body. If you are clean and shower daily, there is no problem. When I go to the gym and sweat and have a little odor, ( which is part of the male body) I don't care, it is all men at the gym, no one to offend.....were all in the same boat.

I also did the test, as soon as I would put deoderant on, I start to sweat within the half hour. No deoderant on, I don't. Only time I wear it if I am going to a function, deoderant and kush oil....but a regular working day, no.
I don't sweat sitting in a chair in the office, the a/c is like on zero. LOL

There are other men here that have done the same test.

I think it is a waste of money.

I usually dislike. just plain deodorant without antiperspirant. I feel like that makes me sweat more than bare skin too. Still going for chemical exposure round these parts though. LOL

I just thought that was really strange that deodorant did that to me. One natural one did not and that was it:
NutriBiotic, Long Lasting Deodorant Stick, Lavender, 2.6 oz (75 g) - iHerb.com

I use that for non sweaty days or bedtime showers. To me it kinda smells like a guy's scent but not "axe locker room" level. Much lighter and more natural. The aloe in it really does sooth the pits post shave.
It is not as build up heavy as conventional deodorants/antiperspirants on clothing.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:31 AM

13,258 posts, read 34,636,559 times
If I'm wearing synthetic fibers, I wear deodorant. If I'm wearing cotton or silk, I generally don't bother with it. I used to use the crystal, and it works great for me. But it's inconvenient because I have to wet it first, and then stand there waiting for it to dry on my pits. It's only a few seconds to a minute at most, but it feels like an hour when you're just -standing- there with your arms up.

I've been using Dove "cool essentials" antperspirant/deodorant, but I really don't need the antiperspirant part of it. I'm not trying to prevent sweat, just smell.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:38 AM

26,877 posts, read 28,163,256 times
I had OK success with a natural homemade blend of cocnut oil and baking soda. My friend uses this. I bought one with some essential oils that reacted with my skin, but it actually worked! No smell (and I am they type that needs deodorant). I was shocked. I am going to keep playing around until I can find a more natural an aluminum free deodorant. But definitely try this if you are so inclined.

Homemade Baking Soda & Coconut Oil Deodorant | Green Your Way

Old 07-11-2012, 10:43 AM

16,317 posts, read 12,588,681 times
Hi....I'm rainroosty and I am a U.S.A. gold medalist showering olympian and also an ex-underarm model and I use Dry Idea gel unscented antiperspirant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty