U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Was there ever a Stunning First Lady?
Absolutely and she was? 25 86.21%
Not a chance. The President must have a plain wife 4 13.79%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 10:56 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,880,469 times

Advertisements

I think that Jackie Kennedy was attractive and so is Michelle Obama. It's more a matter of charismatic appeal than physical beauty. Beauty can, in some cases, be boring and not very attractive, after all.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:08 PM

12,411 posts, read 9,481,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post

Michelle gets a lion's share of the press and media admiration, hence the lion's share of criticism. You are obviously an intelligent and articulate individual, which is why it makes it all the more disappointing that you would assume race is the sole motive for anyone who doesn't find her attractive. Shame on you Cali.
Race is a big part of the criticism of the current folks in the White House. That the racists try to fabricate a cover story for their bias speaks loudly to the progress that this country has made and points to the eventual demise of their visceral disgust with anything that comes from people of color.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
"Most glamorous" = Jackie Kennedy

"Most attractive" = Laura Bush (I love her sparkly eyes.)

When Michelle Obama smiles, she is very attractive. When she isn't smiling, she looks angry and resentful.
I think beauty is skin deep and you can hide a lot with makeup. I believe, washed down and natural, Jackie would not be very appealing. Maybe Michelle would win in that one.

I think Nancy Reagan, in her day, was good looking. I admire the way, learned in retrospect, she tried to cover for her husband's failing mental abilities while he was in office. People thought her haughty and a control freak when she insisted on screening all his calls, but she was protecting him. I think they had a rare love for each other. I did not agree with his politics, but they were days in which politicians, for the most part, worked for the good of all Americans and could admire certain things about each other and make concessions to make the system work. What changed?

Old 03-05-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Thats a shame considering the money and resources that these people have at their disposal. They could easlity afford the Ortho work to have perfect teeth.
I don't notice it. Perhaps they don't consider it that much a problem. I think she's cute, frankly, even when she is not smiling. She also seems well intentioned and positive in her outlook.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:55 AM

7,913 posts, read 7,737,611 times
I think Jackie Kennedy had the most style. She wore great-looking clothes (of course, I'm particial to fashion of the early-to-mid 60's) and everything looked good on her, even the pillbox hats. She had a quiet charm about her. But I've never considered her face pretty.

I think Michelle's face is a little harsh. And she has a backside as wide as a mobile home, so many styles won't suit her. But she can't help it. She does have a dazzling smile.

Personally, I think Laura Bush had one of the nicer faces. And Betty Ford was beautiful when she was young before her husband became President.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:21 PM

9,681 posts, read 5,098,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I don't notice it. Perhaps they don't consider it that much a problem. I think she's cute, frankly, even when she is not smiling. She also seems well intentioned and positive in her outlook.
I was making a general statement directed at all modern first ladies not just Michelle.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:08 PM

23,932 posts, read 20,256,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Not stunning, but attractive - Jackie Kennedy was probably the most attractive

Laura Bush may have been attractive when she was younger, seeing that Jenna Bush, of their twins, is attractive.
She was a very nice-looking younger woman.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Lindo View Post
I vote for Michelle Obama. lol She has smooth skin, super high cheekbones, and a body like whoa!!
Yes, my favorite is definitely Michelle Obama.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I don't know,but after seeing those pics of Hillary,id have to say she looks the best.

I think a young Hillary runs circles around a young Jackie.
Hilary was very attractive.
That one picture on the left......damn. She looks gorgeous. I always thought Hillary was OK, but she really looked good there.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"Condolezza Rice" If there was ever a woman who would be my dream date it would be Condi! Talk about interesting: She is probably one of the most accomplished women on the planet: "Smart", "bright", "Talented", "Educated", "An accomplished Musician", "NSA", Secretary of State" , you name it: she made it to the top. She has to be bad at something

Sorry, I digress, but you brought her up
The woman is absolutely brilliant, talented, accomplished, etc., but I never thought of her as attractive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty