Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was there ever a Stunning First Lady?
Absolutely and she was? 25 86.21%
Not a chance. The President must have a plain wife 4 13.79%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 10:30 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,636,801 times

Advertisements

As far as the first lady is concerned, I don't find any of them particularly "hot" but in a first lady, I'd much rather have someone who is graceful. I think Nancy Reagan is probably the most graceful first lady of the 20th century but I also like the motherly aspect of Barbara Bush. Two of my favorites.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:23 AM

14,727 posts, read 33,260,309 times
Not stunning, but attractive - Jackie Kennedy was probably the most attractive

Laura Bush may have been attractive when she was younger, seeing that Jenna Bush, of their twins, is attractive.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:27 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,679,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Laura Bush may have been attractive when she was younger, seeing that Jenna Bush, of their twins, is attractive.
Just doing a quick search I couldn't find many pictures. But from the few I found she definitely appears to have been no slouch in the looks department.

Also, while it's no photograph of course:

Sizzling revision of Martha Washington's image

Old 02-28-2012, 01:43 AM

9,005 posts, read 13,769,137 times
Lady bird Johnson Imo was the most attractive.
The worst was Babara Bush...scary looking and very arrogant.

Michelle seems so much younger than the previous first ladies. They all acted and looked old. Laura Bush just seemd like an old lady.

Love Eleanor Roosevelt though.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:10 AM

4,001 posts, read 6,250,930 times
OMG I think Michelle Obama is absolutely beautiful!

She is so incredibly regal, and as for not knowing how to dress...the dress she wore at last nights Governor's Dinner completely outshone anything at the Oscars! The woman is gorgeous, elegant, and an absolute credit to her country.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:40 AM

4,472 posts, read 17,636,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Lady bird Johnson Imo was the most attractive.
The worst was Babara Bush...scary looking and very arrogant.

Michelle seems so much younger than the previous first ladies. They all acted and looked old. Laura Bush just seemd like an old lady.

Love Eleanor Roosevelt though.
Barbara Bush was like everyone's grandmother, how could you not like Barbara?

Quote:
OMG I think Michelle Obama is absolutely beautiful!

She is so incredibly regal, and as for not knowing how to dress...the dress she wore at last nights Governor's Dinner completely outshone anything at the Oscars! The woman is gorgeous, elegant, and an absolute credit to her country.
Regal? Hardly. She is one of the least lady-like first ladies to ever hold the office. Disgrace.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:13 AM

41,748 posts, read 74,721,167 times
I always thought Rosalynn Carter was a beautiful woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
First Lady Ellen Arthur was probably the most attractive of the bunch:
Props for the historical perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
I Julia Gardiner Tyler could possibly be kind of cute (in a way) and Helen Taft looks sort of pretty in that picture, and I like her in this one:
Julia Tyler was very pretty, and the hat on Helen Taft is worth all kinds of points!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
Yes, beautiful in a grandmotherly way. How could you not like a grandma, especially one with pearls?

Found this:

First Ladies of the United States

Old 02-28-2012, 08:23 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,560,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Nice!! Julia Tyler does have a lovely face. Ellen Arthur and Edith Roosevelt also seem to have been very pretty. Harriet Lane seems like she was a beautiful woman, although she was James Buchanan's niece and not his wife (Buchanan never married, so his niece acted as First Lady).

I'm scared of Margaret Taylor. Such a stern expression.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:43 AM

501 posts, read 1,469,548 times
Jackie O.

I saw her in person walking down 5th Ave. in NYC carrying a bouquet of flowers and she was a natural beauty and looked even better in person. She really had good taste in clothing and could look good in a flour sack.

Michelle Obama is very attractive and also dresses well. Both look or looked great in evening gowns.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:59 AM

9,005 posts, read 13,769,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post

Regal? Hardly. She is one of the least lady-like first ladies to ever hold the office. Disgrace.
BB is an idiot. The disgusting comments she made about the Hurrican Katrina victims is the reason I don't like her.

I don't see where Michelle is the least lady like of all the first ladies.
What exactly did she do to make all these people not like her?
BB said something worse and people still like her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty