U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Was there ever a Stunning First Lady?
Absolutely and she was? 25 86.21%
Not a chance. The President must have a plain wife 4 13.79%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 12:39 PM

8,893 posts, read 7,094,757 times

Advertisements

Ellen Arthur wasn't too bad:

And a young Mamie Eisenhower:

I also think Hillary Clinton was pretty cute when she was younger:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Her cheeks actually stick out forward and her eye brows arch up at a very steep angle. If these two areas were not so pronounced more men would find her attractive.
Yes, I think that's exactly what I notice first when I see Michelle. There's something about her face that to me is just slightly off so that I don't find her attractive. However, I certainly don't think she's looks bad and in some pictures (like the one posted earlier) I feel she has a certain...handsomeness. She can look rather regal sometimes.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:49 PM

8,867 posts, read 11,076,231 times
Meh, most times Michelle Obama looks like an angry gargoyle. The way the media fawns over her is pathetic.

In fairness, most first ladies look like post-menopausal grandmother's or diesel-dyke lesbians. Michelle at least looks youthful and feminine, just doesn't have a clue how to dress herself without the aid of a fashion consultant.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:56 PM

25,391 posts, read 31,712,866 times
Great picture of Mamie Eisenhower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I'm scared of Margaret Taylor. Such a stern expression.
She was probably uncomfortable and ticked after sitting for her portrait, LOL.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:58 PM

6,589 posts, read 10,123,979 times
I love Mamie's dress!

Old 02-28-2012, 01:02 PM

25,391 posts, read 31,712,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
In fairness, most first ladies look like post-menopausal grandmother's or diesel-dyke lesbians.
Many of them were grandmothers at the time their husbands were elected. Not to mention that it's just plain stupid and pointless to judge yesterday's styles by today's standards.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:11 PM

4,147 posts, read 6,051,479 times
The younger photos of JackieO show a very attractive young woman. I do think she became a little bizarre looking as she aged.

One of my favorites has always been Grace Coolidge:

File:Grace Coolidge Official portrait.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stylish, vibrant personality - the exact opposite of her husband.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:35 PM

8,867 posts, read 11,076,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Many of them were grandmothers at the time their husbands were elected. Not to mention that it's just plain stupid and pointless to judge yesterday's styles by today's standards.
I'm not comparing styles by era. Just noting their overall appearance. What's pointless is getting your panties in a knot over it.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:04 PM

9,601 posts, read 5,063,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
Ellen Arthur wasn't too bad:

And a young Mamie Eisenhower:

I also think Hillary Clinton was pretty cute when she was younger:

Yes, I think that's exactly what I notice first when I see Michelle. There's something about her face that to me is just slightly off so that I don't find her attractive. However, I certainly don't think she's looks bad and in some pictures (like the one posted earlier) I feel she has a certain...handsomeness. She can look rather regal sometimes.
Hillary looks pretty Wow! in those pictures!

Old 02-28-2012, 02:35 PM

19,023 posts, read 14,177,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Michelle Obama has no fashion sense at all, remember how she used to dress the first couple of years in office? It wasn't until recently that she has been under the guidance of fashion experts to help her out.

I never found any of the first ladies to be attractive. Jackie O probably came closest.
As though the majority of this country loves her and her husband. The complaints are always handed out with ulterior motives. Nothing to do with her sense of style or whatever people deem it to be.

As an example:
There was a video of one of the kids coming out of the chopper and going inside the house. I think it's the younger daughter who was wearing flashy orange shoes. And the youtube vid was posted on C-D in P&OC. And immediately some posters were calling it ghetto or whatever that means.

Pretty much summarizes the mindset of naysayers. They can't even reconcile with the fact that it's a kid wearing what she likes to wear.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:40 PM

8,739 posts, read 4,849,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
As though the majority of this country loves her and her husband. The complaints are always handed out with ulterior motives. Nothing to do with her sense of style or whatever people deem it to be.

As an example:
There was a video of one of the kids coming out of the chopper and going inside the house. I think it's the younger daughter who was wearing flashy orange shoes. And the youtube vid was posted on C-D in P&OC. And immediately some posters were calling it ghetto or whatever that means.

Pretty much summarizes the mindset of naysayers. They can't even reconcile with the fact that it's a kid wearing what she likes to wear.

Not to mention the last few first ladies had someone advising them as to fashion and style as well for various events, didn't start with Michelle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty