Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 11:38 AM

2,382 posts, read 5,379,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie1249 View Post
I developed crow's feet around my eyes when I smile. I must have been around 45 when I noticed them. I'm not sure know whether it was sudden or gradual (& I just didn't realize it). I just glanced in the mirror one day when as I was smiling and there they were.

Yep, that's what happened to me. I've been using precription RetinaA on and off since I was 25 (started for acne) so (I think) my skin looks ok for it's age..

My hands seemed to age overnight. I had a baby at 41 and I think it's caused by my tops of my hands being exposed to the sun more pushing the stroller. That's been hard to take, I've always had beautiful hands , lots of people told me I should have been a hand model and now - ugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 12:22 PM

376 posts, read 1,805,380 times
I've always taken care of my skin and except for the insanity of pursuing the "best" tan when I was a teenager/young adult, always use sunscreen. Didn't really start developing aging on face/neck until mid fifties -- although it seems to be accelerating the closer I push toward sixties!!!!

Old 03-05-2012, 12:45 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,166,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentat View Post
About a month ago I woke up one morning and had a bag under one of my eyes. I thought it was because of lack of sleep and figured it would go away. Well I've had plenty of rest and it hasn't gone away. It's permanent.

I mentioned this to 3 of my girlfriends who are (48-53yo) and they all tell me that they've had similar experiences all within the last couple of years. They woke up one morning with a major sign of aging on their face that hadn't ever been there before. One suddenly had a double chin; another, overnight, got sagging jowls and droopy skin around her jawline; and another woke up to two very, very deep creases from the sides of her nose to her chin!!

Is this how it happens? I am 51yo. I and my friends are slim and have a healthy lifestyle. I always assumed aging was a gradual process, especially if you're in decent shape. I never thought you just wake up one day with your face changed for the worst.

What have your experiences, or the experiences of your friends been like? How old were you and what were the signs? To those of you who are older, is this how things progress--you periodically just wake up to discover significant changes to your face overnight?
I got a few grey whiskers on my chin. That was the first sign. Here's your sign boy...you're getting old.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:55 PM

135 posts, read 176,011 times
Hello.

Shaved my face so that it was a smoooooth as can be and went on a 'wander' for 2 weeks. Didn't look in a mirror once while i was away and on return discoverd i'd grown a perfect, dice sized square of pure white hair to the right and below my bottom lip.

I was 30.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:19 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,134,273 times
I'll be 42 this year and last year I did notice that the once-cute-lines under my eyes got a little more pronounced I noticed them in some pictures my husband took of me. What has been most noticeable, however, is that my hair is not as full as it used to be. Now that has its pros and cons because I've always had a LOT of hair!! So it thinning out has been nice but I don't want it to be too thin
Other than that, I haven't woken up to any surprises-YET.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:25 PM

653 posts, read 942,311 times
Right? In addition to signs of aging on my face, I also worry about signs of aging on my scalp via hair loss.

I lost a lot of hair once due to health issues, and it was one of the most traumatic things I've ever experienced (far worse than the gradual signs of aging on my face). My hair is back now, but I intend to have a hair transplant, should I ever eventually need one. Thank goodness for science.

Signs of aging on the face is often combined with signs of aging on the neck and hands. Eek. So many body parts to keep in check. :|

Old 03-05-2012, 01:39 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,644,403 times
I knew I was going around 60. I did get grey hair though but it looked like streaking.
At 66, I still don't have wrinkles even though I use to go in the sun a lot and I think it's because I have never been without moisturizer on my face.
My body held up very good until the 60's but I have been a waitress all of my life. It still looks halfway decent (with clothes on!!!) but it sure doesn't feel so hot.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:34 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,007,650 times
I'm 36. My face still looks young, my skin still smooth - I was carded trying to buy a lottery ticket the other day! lol - but I've been noticing more freckles on my upper arms of all places. Below my shoulders and above my elbows. So weird! I looked in the mirror as I got out of the shower one day and saw all these freckles on my arms that I know weren't there before. The hair on my arms seems longer, too, which kind of weirds me out. I'm thinking about waxing... but I still don't know if having hairless arms would feel even more weird. Sheesh! lol

But, thankfully, the face is still OK. Gosh - does it really happen instantly like that? One day all of a sudden I'll wake up and not recognize my own face? Or perhaps just parts of it? I don't want to think about it... too scary!

Old 03-05-2012, 03:17 PM

1,306 posts, read 3,110,565 times
32 and I've started getting dark circles under my eyes. Seems to be genetic as my mother has had them as long as I can remember.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:51 PM

10,105 posts, read 19,329,811 times
I honestly don't have many signs of aging for my age---I'm 59. Many think I'm more in my 40's. My hair is about 1/3/ white, so I just color it, it looks quite natural. I have started to develop those lines that radiate from the eyes to the temple, etc. I find Clinique products to be helpful, although expensive.

I tell myself there's no magic cream out there. Look at the rich, famous celebrities who could buy anything they want and they are wrinkled.

I have also noticed when changes occur to the face, it does happen rapidly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty