Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 10:05 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,293,990 times

Advertisements

Thinking about getting these. These last a month and circumvent the need for mascara.

I've suffered from eyelash loss over the years, possibly from not so great mascara that dried my lashes out and caused them to break off.

I buy different kinds of mascara all the time, but seeing I don't have much there to begin with I'm dissatisfied. Here is a photo.

Any experience with these and opinions about their worthwhileness?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 10:11 AM

Close up of my lashes with mascara. As you can still, even caked with mascara they are light. I don't have any pics of myself sans mascara.

Old 03-10-2012, 10:44 AM

653 posts, read 941,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Close up of my lashes with mascara. As you can still, even caked with mascara they are light. I don't have any pics of myself sans mascara.

I haven't tried anything for my lashes (yet), but have looked into it. I lost a ton when I had some health troubles, and they just never came back in the same again (they used to be so long people thought I was wearing false eyelashes - now they're just average to thin).

Have you considered something like Latisse (prescription) or LiLash (over the counter)? Both get rave reviews.

Old 03-10-2012, 10:49 AM

I am kind of wary of pharmaceutical intervention near my eyes like Latisse or anything else.

Old 03-10-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
I am kind of wary of pharmaceutical intervention near my eyes like Latisse or anything else.
You know, I am too, that's why I haven't done anything about it, yet (although, I was leaning that route based on all the great things I was hearing about it). I'm just not blown away by any of the options available right now. I'm very interested in what others say about this topic here on your thread, though, as I would love a solution (and prefer to decide based on word-of-mouth since marketing, is well, marketing).

Also, keep us posted on what you decide, and how you like it. I may have to give it a try, too.

Old 03-10-2012, 11:05 AM

Will do! And I will post pics!

Old 03-10-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Will do! And I will post pics!
Yay! Can not wait!!

Old 03-10-2012, 01:41 PM

5,014 posts, read 6,560,924 times
I looked into having eyelash extensions. Takes about 1.5 hours for the initial application, and you can expect many to fall out and bring the natural lash out with it in the first 2-3 days. Then you'll need to go back for a touch-up application in about 2 weeks (which should be included in the initial cost, which is in the $90-$120 range in my area, where such services tend to cost more b/c rents are high). After that, it's about every 5-6 weeks to maintain. Be sure to pick someone with experience, and the tech shouldn't be doing more than 3 people a day.

After reading all that, I looked into Latisse (generic: Bitmaprost.03% solution, much much cheaper). It can cause some eyelid irritation and itchiness of the eyes. I did have some minor irritation the first week but it resolved after that. It took about 3 weeks to really start seeing the effects, and by 8 weeks my lashes were very very long and lush. Now I can apply the bitmaprost only 2-3x per week and keep the effects. The med is a prescription to reduce blood pressure in the eyeball and was discovered by observation that patients on it had longer thicker lashes after they started using it.

Last edited by weezycom; 03-10-2012 at 01:42 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 03-10-2012, 01:45 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,637,345 times
Latisse is based on a glaucoma med, Lumigan, b/c people on it noticed their lashes grew longer and fuller. I am on Lumigan for glaucoma and I have never had any problems with it beyond the first week a slight stinging sensation right as I put the drop in. That lasted maybe 1 minute then was gone. My lashes are a lot longer and fuller now.

Old 03-10-2012, 11:27 PM

1,228 posts, read 1,920,547 times
i too am looking into latisse and also semi perm eyelash extentions. my concern is about discoloring with latesse i would not want to have brown spots on my eyes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty