Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 07:27 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,900,448 times

Advertisements

I wear a 32 DD as well....its not that common of a size and I typically have to spend a bit more, but Nordstroms and Victorias Secret both carry great bras in 32DD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2012, 09:25 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,766,126 times
I don't get how VS can call those bras "full coverage." Maybe they don't really know what that term means? Plunging petal cup V-lines that expose the *entire* length of cleavage and has low enough armpit clearance to expose the side "muffins" of the breasts is not "full coverage." It's "sort of coverage."

There is nothing "full coverage" about -any- of VS full coverage line of bras.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:32 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davachka View Post
I wear a 32 DD as well....its not that common of a size and I typically have to spend a bit more, but Nordstroms and Victorias Secret both carry great bras in 32DD.
I am completely afraid. One of my friends is also a 32DD and has such a time finding bras. Currently looking to lose some weight, and I still have a ways to go. I am 34-36 right now, I'll probably end up with something really obnoxious like 32G.

Old 03-25-2012, 06:33 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,708,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
I don't get how VS can call those bras "full coverage." Maybe they don't really know what that term means? Plunging petal cup V-lines that expose the *entire* length of cleavage and has low enough armpit clearance to expose the side "muffins" of the breasts is not "full coverage." It's "sort of coverage."

You need to go up a cup size or two if thats the case.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:35 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,395,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Do you have a norsdtrom rack? I go there when I am in need of a new bra and have no spare cash.

Also try bravissimo. They have generally the cheapest prices for all the brands.
Bravissimo | Big Bras, Lingerie, Swimwear and Nightwear for D - KK Cup Women

I used to order a lot from Bravissimo (bras, strappy tops, bathing suits), but if you live in the states, shipping can be a pain in the butt. It takes a long time and returns aren't so easy.

Bare Necessities & Fig Leaves are easier & quicker and they carry a lot of the same items Bravissimo does except for the clothing.

When I had a large chest, my favorite lines were Freya, Panache, Fantasie, and Elomi.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:54 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I used to order a lot from Bravissimo (bras, strappy tops, bathing suits), but if you live in the states, shipping can be a pain in the butt. It takes a long time and returns aren't so easy.

Bare Necessities & Fig Leaves are easier & quicker and they carry a lot of the same items Bravissimo does except for the clothing.

When I had a large chest, my favorite lines were Freya, Panache, Fantasie, and Elomi.
I like figleaves more. Easier returns. Love Freya, Panache and Fantasie. Elomi....not so much they have WAY too much fabric. I feel like I am being choked. Freya has lots of cute, young looking lingerie.

Old 03-25-2012, 05:43 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,810,235 times
I have to try the wacoal brand bras in my next off day.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:37 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,408,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetchas View Post
I have to try the wacoal brand bras in my next off day.
Ya, they're beautiful! a little pricey but pretty and supportive!

Old 03-28-2012, 07:56 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post

I have full boobies and I like their Showstopper full coverage bra. Yes, you can see the cleavage however, both of my boobs actually stay in the cups when I bend over. I never get that mashed cleavage look in the showerstopper...for me it lifts and seperates and they stay put.

The showstopper is an underwire bra and the underwire goes all the way to the side of my chest under the armpit which makes it really comfortable. It also elimiates that side spillage.

I also like the fact that the armpit clearance is lower. It allows me to wear more summer styles because I don't have to worry about my bra showing when I lift my arms. I also don't have to wear a cami under everything which is a nice change.

It's not the highest quality bra but it's comfortable and cheap enough that I can just replace them every so often. Plus I'm not stuck with white, beige or black as a color choice (though some stores are getting better at stocking prettier bras in bigger sizes).

Old 03-28-2012, 10:04 PM

395 posts, read 707,166 times
As many have noted, it's best to get fitted with a older/experienced lady. Some people are in between sized and can go either with a 32 band or a 34 band depending on the manufacturer.

When I was in a ltr, the girl had the wrong size bra....I could tell from all my experience (hahaha...the hand never lies!) in life. I purchased her a bra as a gift which was a 32c and it fit her like a glove.

There are many places that sell 32dd, but most of these places are outside of north america. women here tend to have a larger band than many other places around the world; thus the tendency to have 34 and up for sizes.

If you're in europe, see if any of the Ann Summers bras work well for you. That's what I got as a gift for my friend.

Ann Summers Can Can Red and Black sample pic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty