Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 05:23 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,693,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I see – “activity” partners! Only that you've left out some of the activities. People enjoy each other the best from a distance! See how we like each other on forums?!

I hardly spend any time in the living room, either. I think that's probably common when you live alone.

Maybe some day... After an exhausting day at Fashion Square, I usually have a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

I found myself there once, so it's not likely to happen again, but Scottsdale is doable. So is Tucson.
Well...this is a family-friendly forum. And it's often easy to like someone from a distance but once you start living with them...everything changes.

The only exhausting day at Fashion Square is the workout I get from pulling out my wallet. I'm actually not a bigger shopper, I don't care to buy new clothes all that much. I don't think I've actually bought ANYTHING at Fashion Square this year so far; good for my pocketbook.

Quote:
I like gold a lot and I wear a gold chain. I think that if you're happy with it you can pull it off, who gives a crap what other people say? Sometimes I get a hard time from people and other times I get compliments.. but hey I like it so why would I stop wearing it?

I wouldn't however wear a gold chain, watch and gold bracelet, I think that's pushing it a little too much.
I should've clarified that I meant a gold chain bracelet; not a chain necklace. And unfortunately, SpeedyAZ doesn't have a gold Rolex. For my dad's 70th birthday, my siblings and I all chipped in and bought him a brand new, gold Day-Date which has gotten me on a "gold kick". Chipping in on that watch only ran me about $6K...I don't think I could spend $28K on a watch for myself unless I get a SERIOUS raise or bonus at work

Maybe a pre-owned one though...sometime.

This:
+
This:
=SpeedyAZ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2012, 05:37 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,710,427 times
What defined the relationship between a hermit crab and the sea anemone?

Symbiosis

Symbiosis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-22-2012, 06:17 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,138,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
Does a simple yet elegant bracelet or necklace on a guy appropriate for everyday wear? I'm not talking about massive, gaudy pieces of jewelry but something more subdued. Like this:

Was thinking of buying one to wear, always have liked yellow gold jewelry in limited numbers. I don't want to look like Mr. T but I think a gold bracelet might complement a nice suit.

Opinions?
If a man wants to avoid looking like a pimp, he wears no more than three pieces of jewelry. These three may be the following:

1) Wedding band.
2) Tasteful wristwatch.
3) Class ring (But after a couple of years? C'mon.)
4) Tasteful religious symbol on chain, preferably no larger than one square inch in area.

Beyond that, yeah, you might as well be wearing a leisure suit.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:20 PM

2,118 posts, read 6,373,478 times
Yes. I think it looks good.

I don't wear any currently but I think it looks good.
Not as many as Mr T. tho.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
If a man wants to avoid looking like a pimp, he wears no more than three pieces of jewelry. These three may be the following:

1) Wedding band.
2) Tasteful wristwatch.
4) Tasteful religious symbol on chain, preferably no larger than one square inch in area.

So a tasteful wristwatch and a chain is acceptable, that's all I care to know.

And hey...I actually have my father's leisure suit from the mid 70's. It was in the bottom of a trunk that I dug out many years ago, I actually even wore it to work one day last year. Everyone got a good chuckle out of it.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:31 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,138,340 times
Quote:
So a tasteful wristwatch and a chain is acceptable, that's all I care to know.

And hey...I actually have my father's leisure suit from the mid 70's. It was in the bottom of a trunk that I dug out many years ago, I actually even wore it to work one day last year. Everyone got a good chuckle out of it.
Let me clarify. Chain around your neck. Around your wrist smacks of Miami Vice.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Let me clarify. Chain around your neck. Around your wrist smacks of Miami Vice.
I like the Miami Vice, Tony Soprano, Les Gold (Hardcore Pawn...great show) look.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:02 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,139,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://bluenred.files.wordpress.com/201 View Post
Around your wrist smacks of Miami Vice.
You're saying it as if it's a bad thing!

http://www.fiftiesweb.com/tv/miami-vice-dj7a.jpg

Much preferred to THAT!

http://bluenred.files.wordpress.com/...oyed-slob1.jpg

Old 03-22-2012, 09:46 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,653,355 times
Quote:

1) Wedding band.
2) Tasteful wristwatch.

I agree. The class ring is dorky both HS and Uni. I don't like religious jewelry either.

Diamonds for men? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-22-2012, 09:50 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,528,119 times
Quote:
Does a simple yet elegant bracelet or necklace on a guy appropriate for everyday wear? I'm not talking about massive, gaudy pieces of jewelry but something more subdued. Like this:

Was thinking of buying one to wear, always have liked yellow gold jewelry in limited numbers. I don't want to look like Mr. T but I think a gold bracelet might complement a nice suit.

Opinions?
Bracelets on a guy do nothing for me, personally but a gold chain, not too thick and showy, as you said, sure does trip my trigger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty