Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 10:54 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,957,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Im just being honest based on what I see. In those two pics she DOES look late 30s to early 40s. The other pics she does not. This has nothing to do with "high standards" Im just going by what I see visually.
I agree; I do look old in those pics and have no issue with someone pointing it out. I want the truth so that's what I needed to hear. I also posted more photos of me a few pages back as well.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:59 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,292,859 times
P.S. I have also noticed that lack of sleep/rest can make anyone look older, until they get the needed rest they need.

Women who are in the middle of a cycle can look older or younger, depending on where they are in their cycle.

When a woman is ovulating, she morphs somewhat (don't trust my word, look it up) in her looks. She will look more vibrant, rested, and young!

Old 04-02-2012, 11:00 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,455,675 times
20, 33. Either way, you are adorable. There is a point when a girl is so pretty, it really doesn't matter any more. On any given day, there will always be a better looking girl and a lot worse looking girls. Anyone who cares about the difference between you and some hypothetical beauty doesn't understand that. I'm guessing that most days, you are gonna be the best looking girl in the room. No one gets any more than that. No matter who she is.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:04 AM

2,382 posts, read 5,391,568 times
I know that the OP said she wants opinions based on "looks" only - not personality, race, etc.... but that's not the way the world works, is it?

I mean, when I meet someone - I do factor all those things in, everyone does. If I meet someone who is Asian, or overweight for that matter - I might think hmm, "they look XX but I guess they could be XX because sometimes they don't get wrickles as early as the rest of us.

Or the way they are dressed - my old boss was very attractive but she clung on to her old hairstyle and pointed nails manicures, made it really easy to "date" her.

Context adds or subtracts too - I mention that I;m a quilter and knitter and I think people assume I'm older (old lady hobbies). They see or I mention my 22mo daughter, they assume I'm younger at her dance classes (had her at age 41 so I'm 43 now)

And like it or not - personality factors in. So yes, you look great but taking pictures or yourself in your car at lunch (why aren't you out to lunch with friends, or doing like taking a walk or something?) or posting pictures of yourself on line so everyone can tell you how pretty/young looking you are - kinda shows a certain lack of emotional maturity .

Old 04-02-2012, 11:06 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,191,296 times
You look 20.

Would prefer to see a pic w/o makeup to formulate a better opinion.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:06 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,471,445 times
You look very good for your age. BUT be yourself and don't worry about aging, it happens to all of us. You're trying so hard to be young that you're missing the life ride now. Enjoy life, enjoy yourself, take care of yourself inside and out and remember age is but a number.

Too many women and men want to look youthful and they come across as desperate and unhappy. That will turn people away from you faster then anything. Have confidence in yourself and people will flock to you. You're trying too hard to be young and that makes you appear desperate.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:08 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,623,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
Thank you. Just curious, how could you tell that I was in my thirties? Is it because my features look older?
Basically, that am it seems to me anyway, that in some of the pics that you are "trying to hard" to look younger than you are, and IMO that's a dead give-a-way that someone is older.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Actually, she will probably look the same or not much older into her 40s. Women of color (yes, that includes asians) do not age as quickly.
YUP, Asian woman do have that going for them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
I can also afford "procedures" and such to keep myself young; I don't intend to ever let myself go.
So are you saying that a woman who DOESN'T have surgery IS letting themselves go? I don't wear a ton of makeup (eyeshadow, mascara, and eyeliner, and occasionally lip gloss is all), and I don't think I am letting myself go at all. I work out, I eat healthy, and take care of my skin and hair.

Quote:
Im just being honest based on what I see. In those two pics she DOES look late 30s to early 40s. The other pics she does not. This has nothing to do with "high standards" Im just going by what I see visually.
I agree. In those two, she reminded me of Connie Chung honestly. Those were the two she looked oldest, and I honestly though she was in her 40's (albit a well kept 40's, but still 40's), not in the early 30's.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:33 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,471,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucbrian View Post
If I met you at the supermarket and started talking to you I would guess that you are in and around 31-35 years old.

The give away are the mild lower eye bags which are typically rear in 25 year olds who are in good shape / healthy.

The mild crows feet when you push your cheeks up is a typically sign that you are over 30.

The other thing is that I feel your hair has receded maybe about 3-4%, but without looking at your prev. pics this is impossible to ascertain. Hair recession is pretty normal in males and females, but does not indicate youth.

Arms look a little flabby in the tricep region. This indicates that you are either out of shape (bmi) or that you are not very toned. Another indicator for age, but not a very good one at best.

Mild neck wrinkles are also another indicator of again.

Body looks attractive, but without examining your bone structure and looking for mild cellulite it's hard to tell your age from the bikini pic.

I would have preferred a picture without makeup, so that it would be a fairer assessment for your age.

Overall I would rate you as 32-35 years old. You are attractive and aging gracefully is the name of the game.

In addition, don't forget that other than the looks, there are also other give aways of a persons age. The way you talk, outlook on life, etc.....

(ps. sorry for being so blunt, just wanted to answer your question, you asked for no sugar coating).
I'd love to see what you look like and the other men that so harsh with you.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:37 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,957,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
I'd love to see what you look like and the other men that so harsh with you.
Honestly, he's not being overly harsh because I asked for honesty. I wanted people to be harsh and people are entitled to their opinion. I agree with many of his points; I do have crows feet when I laugh (not when I smile but laugh, in that one picture where they are obvious I am laughing) and my arms are flabby in the pics (triceps). I don't have wrinkles in my neck in person though; that area is tight.

Receding hair line I don't really know.... I do have my hairline and forehead hairs threaded or removed because I HATE baby hairs and want them gone... so I have someone going in and removing the hair but that's only very very recently. I don't think my hairline was threaded much in those pics so maybe I do have a weird or receding hairline.

People have the right to be as harsh as they want; I don't mind. I did ask for it after all.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:04 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,120,419 times
Quote:
Well, as you may have noticed, nobody else has guessed 40's, so your guess is obviously off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.