U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 12:19 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,384,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucbrian View Post

Arms look a little flabby in the tricep region. This indicates that you are either out of shape (bmi) or that you are not very toned. Another indicator for age, but not a very good one at best.
Yea, I am getting a lot more toned now, working out 4-5 days a week doing HIIT along with weight training and stuff like Insanity. I know I can bring my body down fat down and get toned very easy since I don't have massive amount of body fat to begin with so it's not hard for me. I am getting a lot more toned and my goal is defined abs which is very attainable for me. I never worked out when younger either and have never been toned early in my 20's. I've always been naturally petite but "flabby" because I gorged on food. However, now that I am older I want my body to be as toned as possible.

I think I look a bit younger in person because I'm very petite. I'm 4ft11" and around 90 lbs... I'm not super skinny, I just have very "small bones" which also helps me to look younger I guess.

As for the way I talk I think I am youthful. I consider myself hip and trendy; I listen to top 40, Britney Spears, I went to the Glee concert etc. My attitude is very youthful and rather immature. I also still shop at Forever21 etc.

Last edited by jackie100; 04-02-2012 at 12:35 AM..

Old 04-02-2012, 12:20 AM

1,070 posts, read 1,484,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
Yea, I am getting a lot more toned now, working out 4-5 days a week doing HIIT and stuff like Insanity. I know I can bring my body down fat down and get toned very easy since I don't have massive amount of body fat to begin with so it's not hard for me.
IMO some are TOO picky! You look awesome as is!

Old 04-02-2012, 12:20 AM

2,115 posts, read 2,710,378 times
You'd be smokin' for 20, are you asking this for the sake of attention or because you're really unsure?

Old 04-02-2012, 12:29 AM

395 posts, read 599,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
Yea, I am getting a lot more toned now, working out 4-5 days a week doing HIIT and stuff like Insanity. I know I can bring my body down fat down and get toned very easy since I don't have massive amount of body fat to begin with so it's not hard for me. I am getting a lot more toned and my goal is defined abs which is very attainable for me.

I think I look a bit younger in person because I'm very petite. I'm 4ft11" and around 90 lbs... I'm not super skinny, I just have very "small bones" which also helps me to look younger I guess.

As for the way I talk I think I am youthful. I consider myself hip and trendy; I listen to top 40, Britney Spears, I went to the Glee concert etc. My attitude is very youthful and rather immature. I also still shop at Forever21 etc.
I don't think it's all looks. If I was still back in the OC and saw you I'd ask you out for some ice cream... but your personality and views on topics / issues discussed would also be taken into account. Jaded is bad, but mature, spunky, fair and low maint. is good for most guys (not all guys). But then again....maybe you wouldn't have icecream with me b/c I look too old...hahahahaha

Old 04-02-2012, 12:29 AM

1,070 posts, read 1,484,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
You'd be smokin' for 20, are you asking this for the sake of attention or because you're really unsure?
Doubt it!

Old 04-02-2012, 12:41 AM

Quote:
If I met you at the supermarket and started talking to you I would guess that you are in and around 31-35 years old.

The give away are the mild lower eye bags which are typically rear in 25 year olds who are in good shape / healthy.

The mild crows feet when you push your cheeks up is a typically sign that you are over 30.

The other thing is that I feel your hair has receded maybe about 3-4%, but without looking at your prev. pics this is impossible to ascertain. Hair recession is pretty normal in males and females, but does not indicate youth.

Arms look a little flabby in the tricep region. This indicates that you are either out of shape (bmi) or that you are not very toned. Another indicator for age, but not a very good one at best.

Mild neck wrinkles are also another indicator of again.

Body looks attractive, but without examining your bone structure and looking for mild cellulite it's hard to tell your age from the bikini pic.

I would have preferred a picture without makeup, so that it would be a fairer assessment for your age.

Overall I would rate you as 32-35 years old. You are attractive and aging gracefully is the name of the game.

In addition, don't forget that other than the looks, there are also other give aways of a persons age. The way you talk, outlook on life, etc.....

(ps. sorry for being so blunt, just wanted to answer your question, you asked for no sugar coating).
This is actually very helpful and I wanted blunt responses so no need to apologize.

I didn't post photos of myself with no makeup because no one sees me without makeup. I only wanted people to judge me how old I look like based on how everyone in the world sees... which is with makeup. Yep, I've ALWAYS worn makeup since high school already and there is no point being critiqued without makeup on if no one ever sees me that way...

Quote:
I don't think it's all looks. If I was still back in the OC and saw you I'd ask you out for some ice cream... but your personality and views on topics / issues discussed would also be taken into account. Jaded is bad, but mature, spunky, fair and low maint. is good for most guys (not all guys). But then again....maybe you wouldn't have icecream with me b/c I look too old...hahahahaha

When I started this topic; I asked individuals to guess my age based on looks so based on this topic that I created, it IS based on appearance. I am not asking you to judge my age based on my personality or opinions. I am the topic creator; my topic was to "guess my age based on looks". So yes, in THIS topic, it IS based on appearance and nothing else

Last edited by jackie100; 04-02-2012 at 12:58 AM..

Old 04-02-2012, 01:01 AM

491 posts, read 1,281,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Only two of the pics are showing age (in the 30s), in my opinion:

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...nly2_thumb.jpg
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...was_here/l.jpg

The rest of them show a young person, maybe 25-30.

By the way, people between 25 and 35 look about the same.

You do look older in these two pics, mid to late 30's but the rest of the pics you look mid to late 20's.
You look very different in the 2nd pic you posted, but it could be the angle and lighting of the pic.
It would be nice if you took a close up pic of your hands and neck. I dunno, maybe it's just me, but the neck and hands give the age away if the women's face had some work done. Overall, you look young for your age.

Old 04-02-2012, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tappan Zee View Post
You do look older in these two pics, mid to late 30's but the rest of the pics you look mid to late 20's.
You look very different in the 2nd pic you posted, but it could be the angle and lighting of the pic.
It would be nice if you took a close up pic of your hands and neck. I dunno, maybe it's just me, but the neck and hands give the age away if the women's face had some work done. Overall, you look young for your age.
I know the hands show age so I've always used a sunscreen with a high PPD and use the same skincare products I use on my face as on my hands (Skinceuticals CE Ferulic serums and all). Personally I think my neck has no wrinkles at all in person and is smooth in person but that's just my opinion...

As for those two pics above, I don't like the way the makeup artist drew on my eyebrows too thin that day too; that also aged me. (I had a professional makeup artist for those two pics) I do my makeup/brows better than she does to be honest...

Old 04-02-2012, 01:35 AM

1,580 posts, read 4,128,860 times
you look early 30s, and you look better in the reg pics than you do in the 2 pics that are clearly professionally-taken/ glossed-up

were all the pics taken roughly around the same time frame?

ps. not sure why someone even asked if you were wearing makeup- its pretty clear to me that you are!

Old 04-02-2012, 01:36 AM

33,145 posts, read 39,103,690 times
Jackie you dont have a thing to worry about in the looks department and your physique looks about as close to perfection as any one could ever hope to be, Age? if you told me you were 16 or 40 i'd believe you..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or