U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 07:37 AM

20,419 posts, read 37,490,715 times

Advertisements

You look years older than my 28 year old daughter... so early to mid thirties is about right!

Old 04-02-2012, 07:41 AM

2,814 posts, read 6,006,218 times
All I see is woman who is too concerned about growing older. Please wait until your 40s before you start stressing it. It's not a healthy to obsess over, because it will make you unhappy or drive you to put chemicals and toxins into your face.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:42 AM

6,793 posts, read 11,725,976 times
I'm an Asian guy, 29 and I've still gotten carded at 18+ establishments (well, that was a few years ago..)

I have an aunt who is over 40 and still looks about the same age as you..

Old 04-02-2012, 07:43 AM

5,258 posts, read 7,999,320 times
You're 33? Wow- you look 10 years younger! I never would have guessed 33.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:44 AM

16,085 posts, read 23,803,195 times
I'd guess you were in mid 20s. You're skins gorgeous.

Last edited by virgode; 04-02-2012 at 07:54 AM..

Old 04-02-2012, 07:50 AM

5,144 posts, read 10,815,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post

Ok, I will watch the blush placement, you have a good eye. I did it like that on purpose because the camera washes out makeup and I don't really like to look too natural like in the first pic. Sometimes I like the heavy sexy makeup look too and experiment. I get that the more natural look makes me look younger though and that I can do that makeup very easily. I just don't like to look washed out on film, sometimes I like a pop of color but I get that it makes my face wider. I generally always contour the hollows of my cheeks and dab highlighter on the cheekbones in addition to blush too in order to make my face look less wide.
I think maybe if you went over the whole blush with a soft dusty pink it would blend it out a little better. Check out different ways to apply blush though on youtube. One of my favorites that are flattering is the frostbite or sunburn application style where you just apply 1 color on your face where the sun would hit it or how your face can pinken from the cold. (nose bridge, chin, light forehead and full cheeks on the top of the apple)

Contouring with brown and white instead of blush looks more natural too. The have sets specifically for that but if you have a dark neutral brown eyeliner and a white eyeliner you can use those to try it out. Just make sure your face is well moisturized so you can blend it easily.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Hmm... I didn't think it was possible to delete your own post without a trace... I'm referring to an idiotic remark that just appeared a minute ago.
Sure it is, you click delete. But if you switch to hybrid mode, the user name will appear, with deleted.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:57 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,471,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
I think maybe if you went over the whole blush with a soft dusty pink it would blend it out a little better. Check out different ways to apply blush though on youtube. One of my favorites that are flattering is the frostbite or sunburn application style where you just apply 1 color on your face where the sun would hit it or how your face can pinken from the cold. (nose bridge, chin, light forehead and full cheeks on the top of the apple)

Contouring with brown and white instead of blush looks more natural too. The have sets specifically for that but if you have a dark neutral brown eyeliner and a white eyeliner you can use those to try it out. Just make sure your face is well moisturized so you can blend it easily.
I know how to apply blush I am a member on Makeupally and used to spend hours and hours watching youtube videos for the past 10 years... haha. Seriously. I also used to be a member on some very big makeup boards ; I am very familiar with FOTD's (Face of the Day's) and all the big beauty bloggers and supposed youtube gurus. I guess I just did a crappy makeup job that day but I do know how to apply makeup like a pro. I am actually obsessed with Kim Kardashian's makeup; I read her makeup artists' blog too (Mario) all the time.

I don't contour with blush; I use the sculpting and accentuate powder from MAC meant specifically for contouring. I would never contour with just blush.... I use contouring powder meant for that specific powder.

I usually always wear bronzer nowadays to look tan; I use Nars Laguna. I have thousands of dollars worth of high end makeup stuff; collecting makeup is actually one of my hobbies. haha

I have tons of highlighters; I use Nars Albatoss or Dior Amber Diamonds. I also have tons of liquid highlighters such as Nars Orgasm illuminator and the Josie Maran ones... I am set when it comes to makeup for the next 10 years.

Reading beauty blogs and watching makeup tutorials YT has been my pastime so I am very familiar with all of that stuff... I consider myself very knowledgeable when it comes to makeup and such even though I did happen to use crappy blush placement... I know all about contouring and stuff... I have all the products already...

Old 04-02-2012, 07:59 AM

7,508 posts, read 3,712,808 times
The first time I saw the pictures I thought you were in your mid to late 20s. The more I look and study your face the better I get a glimpse of it and guess better. For me I realize that when your face is looking straight at the picture you look more 30s than your 20s, but when you angle your face you look younger. Also, I think it would really help us if you did post a picture of yourself with no make up.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
I have tons of highlighters; I use Nars Albatoss or Dior Amber Diamonds. I also have tons of liquid highlighters such as Nars Orgasm illuminator and the Josie Maran ones... I am set when it comes to makeup for the next 10 years.
I haven't read the entire thread, do you use foundation?

Have you ever used an airbrush to apply make-up, if so, whats your opinion?

Make-up collects bacteria, I wouldn't keep it around for 10yr if its been used.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or