U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-19-2012, 04:19 PM

15,819 posts, read 32,471,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
I took new pics of myself... STS30 wrote in the other pics that my pics look like they were taken of myself at different times and that I should post pics of myself holding todays newspaper. I don't get the newspaper... but I just took pics, literally like 20 minutes ago with City Data on my monitor in the background for proof....

How old do I look in these pics?

Mid 30s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 12:11 AM

1,215 posts, read 1,469,894 times
I have some new pics! I dyed my hair BROWN and I like it A LOT more than black hair... How old do I look in these

Profile...

Old 04-20-2012, 09:37 AM

3,069 posts, read 3,787,749 times
Quote:
i have some new pics! I dyed my hair brown and i like it a lot more than black hair... How old do i look in these

profile...

Old 04-20-2012, 11:14 AM

15,819 posts, read 32,471,367 times
Quote:
I have some new pics! I dyed my hair BROWN and I like it A LOT more than black hair... How old do I look in these

Profile...

Those are the same pictures.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:17 PM

17,705 posts, read 14,571,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
I don't know. I am going to step out on a limb and be completely un-humble and honest here. I'm pretty good looking. I look much younger than my age. And I "Never" get tired of hearing compliments. I don't look for them, but I'll take them when they come. I can't honestly say that I have ever felt uneasy about someone complimenting me on my looks. Compliment away. I can handle it..lol..It doesn't seem to make me uncomfortable. I take that back. Once in a while it does. It's usually when someone compliments me in front of others and keep going on and on. Then I get uncomfortable. But it's one of those few uncomfortabities that I can somehow handle..

There's nothing wrong with not hating it when someone tells you that you look good. Sooner or later it will all end, and I'm pretty sure I'll miss it...lol. But I think it can be a problem, when you spend alot of time trying to look great so that you are complimented. Looks aren't everything. If all you are is wrapped up into your looks, than you have a lot more problems than just looking good. If that's not changed, you are going to have a lot of problem when you age. Looks aren't forever.
i dont recall suggesting that it should make people uncomfortable to be complimented. i think i pretty much said the opposite, that women are desperate for compliments. im not really assigning a judgment on their desperation or suggesting they should go from liking compliments to not liking them, im just stating my observation.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Those are the same pictures.
No they are different. I have never posted these pics before. Previous pics I posted here were with black hair. These pics with brown.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:54 PM

5,258 posts, read 5,148,940 times
Quote:
No they are different. I have never posted these pics before. Previous pics I posted here were with black hair. These pics with brown.
What do you use on your skin to keep it so young-looking?

Old 04-20-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
What do you use on your skin to keep it so young-looking?
I use retin-a at night. During the day I always use a vitamin c serum; generally Skinceuticals CE Ferulic or Skinceuticals CF Phloretin under my sunscreen. Lately I have been using Philosophy Turbo Booster powder mixed with my sunscreen. My sunscreen is Antelios SX by La Roche Posay; it is the BEST sunscreen right now that money can buy in the U.S.... SPF is not enough; a high spf does not protect from UVA sun damage... you need a sunscreen that is high in PPD and U.S sunscreens aren't required to print out their PPD figures. You have to figure it out on your own by doing research or reading boards like Makeupalley where everyone is a skin care freak and orders their sunscreen from Europe (La Roche Posay, Bioderm etc) because they are superior to anything sold in the U.S

I also use a Clarisonic which helps the products to absorb better... it's better than regular exfoliation.

I started to use BB creams recently (imported from Korea) so we'll see how that goes. Just google it if you are interested.... it stands for blemish balm or beauty balm.

Oh, I also use oils... I am a big fan of Josie Maran Argan oil, Emu oil and Tarte Maracuja oil... I will add a few drops after the retin A...

Old 04-20-2012, 04:39 PM

395 posts, read 341,382 times
Quote:

Profile...

33-35, the hair color looks great Just make sure it's the type of dye without ammonium or h.peroxide.

Old 04-22-2012, 12:44 AM

2,583 posts, read 1,858,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunJoaquin View Post
I don't buy it.

I've had a few people tell me that the "50 is the new 30", and I don't have the heart to burst their bubble, but I think people buy into that belief a lot more than they should. I've never seen a 50-yr old look 30, ever. Never.
You've never seen my mother. People usually assume she's in her late 20's or early 30's; she'll be 50 in October. At my old job, my manager asked is she my girlfriend until I told him that was my mother and that she was his age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty