U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: When do you USUALLY decide to get rid of shoes?
No longer suits me, I no longer like them or they're out of style 2 15.38%
Don't look good very new anymore (scuffed etc.) 0 0%
Worn-out or worn down soles. 3 23.08%
Broken, or literally unwearable (can't be repaired). 8 61.54%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 09:51 PM

3,338 posts, read 5,562,735 times

Advertisements

I am just wondering. I have heard some, often women, say they get rid of shoes when they are out of style or unpopular, despite not being worn out (doesn't have to be tossing them out though in that case, since they can be given to others etc.). Other times though I hear some say they wear shoes until they can't wear them anymore, or just fall apart and can't be repaired.

When do you usually decide to get rid of shoes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2012, 10:07 PM

348 posts, read 199,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbler. View Post
I am just wondering. I have heard some, often women, say they get rid of shoes when they are out of style or unpopular, despite not being worn out (doesn't have to be tossing them out though in that case, since they can be given to others etc.). Other times though I hear some say they wear shoes until they can't wear them anymore, or just fall apart and can't be repaired.

When do you usually decide to get rid of shoes?
Totally worn out and have already fallen apart. I've even Gorilla glued some soles back on before to get more use out of them. Once they reach the point they look too poor to wear in public they become lawn mowing shoes or garage shoes. Who cares about oil and grease then.

Old 04-08-2012, 01:03 AM

212 posts, read 300,125 times
I usually get rid of them when I don't like them anymore, or they're outta style pretty much. Which is often cause I buy a new pair every month.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:20 AM

1,812 posts, read 2,744,971 times
depends....... but if they are worn out and not fixable i say get rid of them it is dangerous to wear worn out sole-less or broken down shoes

Old 04-08-2012, 08:00 PM

5,128 posts, read 12,779,490 times
If they are "out of style", worn out, or I don't have room for new ones......you can't keep getting new shoes, if you never throw out the old ones!

Old 04-09-2012, 09:41 AM

31,310 posts, read 57,533,772 times
I generally buy classically designed shoes, so they never go out of style. They get tossed when they're worn out -- sometimes waaaaay after they're worn out.

I also have kind of a hierarchy for my shoes. Running shoes that are no longer supportive enough for running/walking become shoes for yard work or heavy-duty housework, like painting. Loafers that are too banged up to wear to the office are worn shopping or in more casual settings.

Old 04-09-2012, 05:34 PM

4,338 posts, read 6,408,880 times
Anyone can create their own style and people can follow you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty