U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 02:30 PM
Status: "I cannot wait for the heat to break..." (set 4 days ago)

20,368 posts, read 25,488,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
The dress is white. She certainly could've chosen a more flattering dress... ...
She could have yes...but I bet she thinks the dress is perfect Who are we to judge....she certainly looks happy

I wouldn't have chosen it but then again I don't have the boobs to hold up a strapless dress, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2012, 02:32 PM

31,165 posts, read 57,288,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
She could have yes...but I bet she thinks the dress is perfect Who are we to judge....she certainly looks happy
Very true! And that's pretty much all that matters.

If it were me, though, I'd have gone through the entire day fearing a major wardrobe malfunction, because, as you said, I don't have the proper ... equipment ... to hold up the bodice!

Old 04-09-2012, 02:32 PM

42,837 posts, read 77,111,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Many dresses are perfect; they're just not perfect for us. But yeah, it's her business, of course... As long as the boobs don't become everybody's business at some point.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Very true! And that's pretty much all that matters.

If it were me, though, I'd have gone through the entire day fearing a major wardrobe malfunction, because, as you said, I don't have the proper ... equipment ... to hold up the bodice!
It's like those bandeau bathing suit tops. I just can't wear them..and keep them up. Reminds me almost of tube tops back in the 70's, lol.(at least they had elastic)

Doesn't matter anyway...I'm too old, or mature at least, for any of that stuff anymore.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:38 PM

1,144 posts, read 1,752,397 times
I am at war with the fashion industry. It's very hard to find appropriate clothing these days. The office dress code was no open toed shoes - no sleeveless anything - no cleavage - no butts showing. That has changed now a days everything is hanging out.
The other problem is that 20 years ago I had a mastectomy. I don't mind that I have to purchase my bras and swimsuits from specialized retailers but it's damn ridiculous that I can't find a blouse that I can wear into the office or is not high enough as to cover my lack of cleavage. I finally found an online retailer JMS that offers mastectomy swimsuits at a very reasonable price but the last 3 years I noticed that the neckline area is getting lower and lower. I have sent a couple of emails regarding this not that anything has changed but if you shop JMS online take a look at the mastectomy swimsuits and imagine a woman with no cleavage wearing it. YEAH !!

Old 04-09-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Many dresses are perfect; they're just not perfect for us. But yeah, it's her business, of course... As long as the boobs don't become everybody's business at some point.
Oh yeah....that would be very embarrassing.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:43 PM

2,173 posts, read 2,762,384 times
Quote:
Come to think of it, you're right. The dress is white. She certainly could've chosen a more flattering dress... Many times it's better to look like the "mother of the bride" than like somebody who doesn't own a mirror...
Yes, agreed. There are very many dresses out there with sleeves *gasp* that are not matronly. It's called elegance for the poster who made the comment about the mother of the bride.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:50 PM

19,022 posts, read 24,678,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I dont think she looks bad at all. Sure she would have looked better in other types of dresses, but really, she doesnt look all that bad.

I work in a VERY corporate office setting. I mean, there are NO casual fridays here. There are a few women who wear sleeveless blouses, but they usually have a blazer on top of it for meetings, but if they are just in their offices, no blazer. What they all have in common though are they are tall, thin/shapely and very VERY stylish.
Will the real Lao stand up please?

What's wrong with you, did you have a glazed donut?

Old 04-09-2012, 02:50 PM

5,666 posts, read 4,211,174 times
Default Not everyone can wear a strapless gown

Your right there. I'm 6'3'' and 200lb and my wife is always telling me to take hers off. *sniff* She does hurt my feelings you know.

Old 04-09-2012, 03:10 PM

5,945 posts, read 12,719,242 times
Gosh... poor lady.

Perhaps this is why there is often so much booze at weddings. Once people have enough in them, everyone looks beautiful. People are happy and having fun regardless of whether their dresses fit them properly or not.

But of course... then there are the photos...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty