U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 10:25 AM

220 posts, read 374,232 times

Advertisements

Have you noticed how many Americans dress like total bums and slobs?

The men wear "sporty" clothes and the women wear slutty/tight clothes.

Both groups are not groomed and it seems like "slobbery" is in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 10:30 AM

12,977 posts, read 28,798,671 times
What country are you fronm hitman? My guess is that you either have never been to America, or you are so caught up in your tiny little bubble of existence of where you live and ridiculously lump all of "America" into being just like where you are. Your post is laughable, and YOU are laughable. LOL.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:35 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,440,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHitman View Post

I disagree entirely. In my area, for non-professional daywear the men are in khaki pants or shorts and a polo or similarly semi-casual outfit and the women are in jeans and a blouse or a casual dress.

There are sloppy people around and fewer slutty except for at certain nightclubs and those women are definitely not "slobbery" and they spent multiple hours on their grooming. My only big beef with the average American is the acceptability of workout gear for daywear.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:47 AM

5,145 posts, read 10,421,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
What country are you fronm hitman? My guess is that you either have never been to America, or you are so caught up in your tiny little bubble of existence of where you live and ridiculously lump all of "America" into being just like where you are. Your post is laughable, and YOU are laughable. LOL.

Says the man who admittedly sneaks a peek down ladies shirts when they bend over bra-less. LOL

Quote:

Amen. It can be a heavy load of the population depending where you live.
I was in the store the other day and this chick had her victoria secret sweatpants rolled down so far I could see her hip bones fully, her pants line was just above her pubic bone so of courses her butt crack was hanging out. She also looked unshowered and bra-less with her hair in the typical "IDGAF" slob college skank bun.

I made a reaction face as I was smacked with the visual of that and her 40 gallon application of perfume. Little old lady looking at me start laughing and covered her face with a tissue. I made big "omgeyes" at the older lady as I passed and she lost it to full on giggle.

There are SO MANY of those out there. Too many.

I find it mostly in large cities and college towns. Seems small towns are not quite as bad but there is always the ho collective of any place.

Most young men dress like flat out slobs as if the never left the hangover and the frat house fashion behind...blek. How freakin hard is it to put on a real shirt and some decent pants?

Old 04-13-2012, 10:48 AM

8,195 posts, read 10,205,914 times
Quote:

When you are overweight you can't wear proper clothes lol.

What do you expect Americans to dress like?
I actually would welcome the chance to wear a burkqa,at least I won't have to diet and go to the gym to keep in shape.
Maybe not the full head to toe one,but one that covers the neck down.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:54 AM

19,022 posts, read 24,673,685 times
It's a sign of the economic times. People don't have money and fashion costs money. Plain and simple.

You can say Europe is more fashionable, but they continued to revel in expenditure that they are begging every country in the world for a bailout.

Makeover or not depends on socio-economic prosperity. Whether you like it or not.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:55 AM

1,390 posts, read 1,955,183 times
When my cousins come to the USA from Portugal, they guy up all the "American" clothes AkA sweat pants, sweat shirts, pajama pants, etc. because 1) They are dirt cheap and 2) They are comfortable.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:56 AM

19,022 posts, read 24,673,685 times
I befriended two German girls on the train today. Both were dressed like slobs.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:01 AM

7,289 posts, read 12,865,601 times
Quote:

Stop picking on Ukranians.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:02 AM

16,416 posts, read 25,194,987 times
This is just a sign of an idiot. Not only do they buy into stereotypes, they proclaim it to the world like it is the truth.

I guarantee you, this guy is a fat slob who never leaves his house. No clue where he lives, and no one else probably knows either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or