U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2012, 06:54 PM

2,490 posts, read 3,610,333 times

Advertisements

I've met a couple of women and have seen many on TV who have had lip injections. Their lips look frozen in the "duck face" mode and all I do is look at their lips in awe. It's just not attractive and it look very bizarre yet they obviously think it looks great.

I don't understand why some women do this to their lips.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 09:36 PM

395 posts, read 599,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
I've met a couple of women and have seen many on TV who have had lip injections. Their lips look frozen in the "duck face" mode and all I do is look at their lips in awe. It's just not attractive and it look very bizarre yet they obviously think it looks great.

look up the word labia and see if you find any connection.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:03 AM

21,464 posts, read 22,692,102 times
Botox and collagen injections are two different things. Botox freezes up the tissue, so it's unlikely it'd be used in the mouth area.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:08 AM

914 posts, read 1,535,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post

I feel that overly fat lips are a botched Botox job. You're right, not attractive to make someone look unnatural. I don't really have much to say, I've been saving for breast implants. Natural looking!

Old 04-19-2012, 03:51 PM

1,047 posts, read 3,236,559 times
yes, whatever it is that is used, looks really, really bad. I myself would love to have full lips. I have thin lips and it only gets worse with age. However, I think that artificially plumped lips are perhaps the most obvious, most UNnatural thing that there is. I love how you watch old movies and see some actress with thin lips, then see her picture in a magazine and she's got a fish mouth. What's the point? Does she think she looks younger/better? I'm not into botox either. A frozen non-moving face is not attractive, in my opinion.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:07 PM

20,071 posts, read 13,744,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuteishungry View Post
I feel that overly fat lips are a botched Botox job. You're right, not attractive to make someone look unnatural. I don't really have much to say, I've been saving for breast implants. Natural looking!

The same reason(s) other folks do all kinds of crazy crap to themselves: to compete, for envy, for jealousy, for insecurity, for mental, issues!

Natural looking plastic baggies>>> unnaturally and surgically shoved /stuffed into ones chest cavity for looks sake.

Oh, and it makes you wonder....

Old 04-19-2012, 05:41 PM

692 posts, read 788,340 times
Cuz they're stupid. It's a fad. Just like way back when a shaved forehead was considered beautiful or when tans were for peasants so milky white skin was in. Tis the era of lips and butts. Even dumber about plumping up your smackers is they don't make you look younger like a well done facelift. They just make you look like a duck. People like Angelina and Sade's lips are suited for their face. Everyone else, not so much.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:07 PM

1,797 posts, read 2,333,222 times
Melanie Griffiths comes to mind, trout mouth,i can't believe the extremes some women will go to to look younger in actual fact they lose their "look" altogether.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:55 AM

699 posts, read 1,795,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
The same reason(s) other folks do all kinds of crazy crap to themselves: to compete, for envy, for jealousy, for insecurity, for mental, issues!

Natural looking plastic baggies>>> unnaturally and surgically shoved /stuffed into ones chest cavity for looks sake.

Oh, and it makes you wonder....
it really makes you wonder why some people think that vanity is the only motivators for PS.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:34 AM

5,119 posts, read 12,713,147 times
Botox won't give you full lips...it paralyzes the muscles....best used around the eyes and forehead. It really will reduce the appearance of crow's feet and frown lines.....but it's NOT permanent....mine lasted about 5 months....kind of expensive for that short of a time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty