Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 04:48 PM

3,734 posts, read 4,528,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I would try contacting the manufacturer and giving the information to them making sure to include dates/batch numbers and just see what happens. I find a lot of manufacturers will replace or send a coupon if the product isn't performing as expected. Never hurts to ask.
I called the manufacturer, but the problem was that the batch number isn't on the bottom of the perfume bottle. It came as part of a boxed gift set that contained perfume, shower gel, and lotion. The batch number was on the box, but not on the products inside the box.

That was the problem I had at Macy's too. They couldn't scan it to see if it was from their store because there was no identifying information on the bottle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
Throw it out and buy a new one?
It's pretty expensive, and I've barely used it. I think it's unfair for the store and manufacturer to get paid twice for what seems to be a faulty product. Why should I be punished for getting a bad batch?

Old 04-24-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Essential oils don't spoil like vegetable oils. But all oils will tend to turn from extreme temperature changes. It shortens the shelf life. So its why you keep it at room temperature which is 73 degrees. The fridge also exposes them to humidity which can be bad.

Aromatherapy Shelf Life

Room temperature - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How To Keep Perfume Fresh | LIVESTRONG.COM

Thanks for the links, Opsi.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:55 PM

24 posts, read 62,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie1249 View Post
It's pretty expensive, and I've barely used it. I think it's unfair for the store and manufacturer to get paid twice for what seems to be a faulty product. Why should I be punished for getting a bad batch?

You shouldn't.

Absolutely a bad batch, though. No doubt about it.

What, if you don't mind me asking, is the name of the fragrance?

Old 04-24-2012, 10:42 PM

Knowing by Estee Lauder.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:45 PM

5 posts, read 5,004 times
Perfumes can change their scent but they don't neccessarily "go bad" like say a carton of milk does.

Heat and light can alter the scent of a perfume or cologne best to keep your perfumes away from direct sunlight or excessive heat. Oil based perfumes last longest the less alcohol content the longer they'll last and not just on the shelf.

Oil based scents last longer on the skin as well.

My advice spray on your hair unless you wear say a lot of pomade or gel or mousse then spray on the pulse points on the wrists and neck and a bit on your clothes as well.

You can store perfumes in the refrigerator NOT THE FREEZER or in the closet. I use my cologne quite a bit (Lacoste Red) so i don't give it time to go bad.

I also recommend a light scent for work and a stronger scent for play.

Old 04-25-2012, 01:26 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,234,585 times
Does it still smell good when you put it on? If so then I wouldn't worry about it.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:06 AM

24 posts, read 62,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie1249 View Post
Knowing by Estee Lauder.
I noticed musk, sandalwood, patchouli and plum in Knowing.
If you like those notes, then I'm gonna put you onto something that you'll probably fall in LOVE with!

Bond no. 9 Andy Warhol EDP....My review - YouTube

Old 04-25-2012, 07:38 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,654,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irisbass View Post
Perfumes can change their scent but they don't neccessarily "go bad" like say a carton of milk does.

Heat and light can alter the scent of a perfume or cologne best to keep your perfumes away from direct sunlight or excessive heat. Oil based perfumes last longest the less alcohol content the longer they'll last and not just on the shelf.

Oil based scents last longer on the skin as well.

My advice spray on your hair unless you wear say a lot of pomade or gel or mousse then spray on the pulse points on the wrists and neck and a bit on your clothes as well.

You can store perfumes in the refrigerator NOT THE FREEZER or in the closet. I use my cologne quite a bit (Lacoste Red) so i don't give it time to go bad.

I also recommend a light scent for work and a stronger scent for play.
omg thats waaay too much imo. Ppl would be asking be if i dove into a pool of perfume if i sprayed perfume on all those locations.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonAccent View Post
I noticed musk, sandalwood, patchouli and plum in Knowing.
If you like those notes, then I'm gonna put you onto something that you'll probably fall in LOVE with!
Thanks, I'll check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty