U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-31-2007, 11:20 PM
 
1,352 posts, read 4,157,571 times
Reputation: 570

Advertisements

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-31-2007, 11:29 PM
 
158 posts, read 405,823 times
Reputation: 83
I should have read all these instead of some before I posted the previous one. From reading these posts, it's obvious that most Americans are very shallow, hollow, and totally fake! I don't make that statement lightly either. People worry so much about things that are totally natural here in America. It's like we've gotten so far away from nature that there's no hope for us! That's sad! Why don't y'all climb up a mountain, look to the heavens, and shout to God and tell him what an idiot he was for creating hair and putting it on women's (and some men's) armpits, legs, and privates! Who are we, the createe, to question the Creator's design for us??? Does the clay have a right to ask the potter, "Why did you fashion me like this?" I don't think so, at least not from a prideful, haughty attitude like many of you seem to possess! It seems as if Americans can learn something from our Eurasian and African counterparts! Remember, GOD PUT HAIR THERE!!! Get over it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2007, 11:39 PM
 
Location: in drifts of snow wherever you go
2,493 posts, read 3,058,527 times
Reputation: 692
What a bizarre thread. It's your social conditioning that makes you feel one way or another toward body hair. If you lived in another country where it was otherwise, you'd get used to it. Maybe it's because I'm older that I don't give much thought to these things.

Greenie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2007, 03:30 AM
 
Location: on an island
13,374 posts, read 40,148,217 times
Reputation: 13176
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida southerner 3 View Post
I should have read all these instead of some before I posted the previous one. From reading these posts, it's obvious that most Americans are very shallow, hollow, and totally fake! I don't make that statement lightly either. People worry so much about things that are totally natural here in America. It's like we've gotten so far away from nature that there's no hope for us! That's sad! Why don't y'all climb up a mountain, look to the heavens, and shout to God and tell him what an idiot he was for creating hair and putting it on women's (and some men's) armpits, legs, and privates! Who are we, the createe, to question the Creator's design for us??? Does the clay have a right to ask the potter, "Why did you fashion me like this?" I don't think so, at least not from a prideful, haughty attitude like many of you seem to possess! It seems as if Americans can learn something from our Eurasian and African counterparts! Remember, GOD PUT HAIR THERE!!! Get over it!
lol, what a wacky thread.
Actually I do agree with some of what you say.
There are a lot of things that I just can't/won't worry about.
However, I am okay with some body modification.
God made my teeth come in crooked, and I am glad my parents paid for orthodontics.
And I will continue to shave my legs and pits as long as I am able hold a razor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2007, 07:59 AM
 
25,573 posts, read 23,763,548 times
Reputation: 44094
Its pretty popular with a lot of French women, but to me, it just doesnt work!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2007, 09:46 PM
 
158 posts, read 405,823 times
Reputation: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
lol, what a wacky thread.
Actually I do agree with some of what you say.
There are a lot of things that I just can't/won't worry about.
However, I am okay with some body modification.
God made my teeth come in crooked, and I am glad my parents paid for orthodontics.
And I will continue to shave my legs and pits as long as I am able hold a razor.
I see where you're coming from, but that analogy don't exactly correlate well. First of all, women having hair on their legs, armpits, and privates is a universal aspect--all women have it to varying degrees just as all men do likewise. Hair is hair and not conducive to poor health or anything of that nature. It's a genetic constant that is intended to exist. However, bad or crooked teeth is a trait not common to all or even most people. It's a genetic anolomy. Bad or crooked teeth can affect chewing and proper mashing of food before swallowing, overbites, constant accidental biting of inside of cheek, etc. Therefore, orthodontic correction is necessary because of other factors. Hair has no other factors. Like I said, I sort of see your comparison, but it's really not an equal one. I won't date and certainly will never marry a woman who shaves or trims anything. I don't and I sure as shootin' don't want a woman who does either!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2007, 09:51 PM
 
158 posts, read 405,823 times
Reputation: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
Its pretty popular with a lot of French women, but to me, it just doesnt work!
I don't think it's just French women, but most Eurasian people of most Eurasian nations, and African nations as well--whether White people, Black people, or Mulatto people--most or many do not shave from what I've seen, been told, or read about, and it's a great thing! Shaving, waxing, and constant trimming is a sign of the pseudo-beauty and fakeness of the USA nowadays. Everything today seems to be based on looks totally, and those looks they base everything on are themselves false and shallow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2007, 05:17 AM
 
Location: Oxford, England
13,036 posts, read 21,513,339 times
Reputation: 19858
It's funny because being French I have never noticed this, German and Scandinavian women yes but French women tend to be shaved within a millimetre of their lives ( including the arms too , very often). It;s seen as part of good grooming and I don't think I have seen hair on French women's armpits for over 30 years on a beach apart from much older women ( 55 plus).

I am French and have always shaved legs and armpits since puberty . It's a personal preference , I like it smooth and underarm hair gets "smellier" due to sweat but I don't see why I have the right to judge what other people do with their bodies. As long as it's clean who bloody cares ?
I cannot believe we are so shallow as to judge people by how hairy they are.... How sad.

People should be what is comfortable to them and if we don't like it , it's our problem not theirs. I don't "like" Barbie-Doll women with plastic looks, fake breasts and teeth that glow in the dark but I refuse to judge them as human beings until I have at least spoken to them. So far I haven't met one I found to be of great intellect yet but I am sure they exist... somewhere.
Shallowness seems to be far worse a fault than having hair in places we deem unattractive.
It's just a cultural thing, get over it. Not everyone thinks alike , and thank goodness for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2007, 06:28 AM
 
25,573 posts, read 23,763,548 times
Reputation: 44094
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida southerner 3 View Post
I don't think it's just French women, but most Eurasian people of most Eurasian nations, and African nations as well--whether White people, Black people, or Mulatto people--most or many do not shave from what I've seen, been told, or read about, and it's a great thing! Shaving, waxing, and constant trimming is a sign of the pseudo-beauty and fakeness of the USA nowadays. Everything today seems to be based on looks totally, and those looks they base everything on are themselves false and shallow.



Yea, you are right. I was just naming one that I've only personally known.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2007, 06:37 AM
MB2
 
Location: Sebastian/ FL
3,496 posts, read 8,562,567 times
Reputation: 2688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
It's funny because being French I have never noticed this, German and Scandinavian women yes but French women tend to be shaved within a millimetre of their lives ( including the arms too , very often). It;s seen as part of good grooming and I don't think I have seen hair on French women's armpits for over 30 years on a beach apart from much older women ( 55 plus).

I am French and have always shaved legs and armpits since puberty . It's a personal preference , I like it smooth and underarm hair gets "smellier" due to sweat but I don't see why I have the right to judge what other people do with their bodies. As long as it's clean who bloody cares ?
I cannot believe we are so shallow as to judge people by how hairy they are.... How sad.

People should be what is comfortable to them and if we don't like it , it's our problem not theirs. I don't "like" Barbie-Doll women with plastic looks, fake breasts and teeth that glow in the dark but I refuse to judge them as human beings until I have at least spoken to them. So far I haven't met one I found to be of great intellect yet but I am sure they exist... somewhere.
Shallowness seems to be far worse a fault than having hair in places we deem unattractive.
It's just a cultural thing, get over it. Not everyone thinks alike , and thank goodness for that.
OMG....I couldn't have said it better myself....and I am German.
I started shaving since puberty as well, because I was heavily involved in sports.
Yeah, I still know of some of my girlfriends I grew up with....still NOT shaving....and I really don't care whether they do...or DON'T!
The only thing I put a lot of weight in is good hygiene....with, or without hair!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top