Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 09:23 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,359,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68 View Post
this isn't his thread is it, he started the other one
Yes, but this thread is a direct offshoot from the one he started about shaving things! Does that make sense?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2007, 04:33 AM

223 posts, read 281,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
Yes, but this thread is a direct offshoot from the one he started about shaving things! Does that make sense?
YES....had i not started the obviously intresting thread about women/unshaven underarms then this thread would of never existed.I didnt expect to see so many replys & views in such a short time.MANY yrs ago women didnt shave ..period.The razor blade was invented in the early 1920,s & before that women either stayed "natural" or went through some serious pain to remove undesirable body hair including plucking out hairs.The french are known for being lazy & thats why many french women dont shave/wax or pluck.Anyways....if a american womens underarms are shaven most people wouldnt think twice.If they are unshaven it would absolutely draw attention.Some women think a man isnt manly if he shaves his underarms or chest.I say...."to each his or her own".Its your body & do what you want with it.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:11 AM

1,207 posts, read 2,422,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Thank you. I get to wondering how much time is spent dealing with a guy's heiny (sp??). Do women really spend all that much time down there?

If a guy needs to be smooth all over, does that mean they have to spend 150 minutes in the bathroom before they leave the house every day? I just can't do this. If I had a hairy neck or was a Manbearpig, I could see the concern. I'm just not into shaving the pitts just yet. Then again, I'm not getting that area tongued on a regular basis either. Maybe I'm missing out!

With friends like you, who needs deodorant!

I gotta admit - you cracked me up with this one! And, no, a man doesn't have to spent 150 minutes in the bathroom before they leave the house every day if he learns how to do things RIGHT like we women have been doing for ages! We have it all down to a science... get with the program, buddy! While we may not spend much time by a guy's hiney, we don't want to be any more tortoured or traumatized by the experiences we do have when experiencing some wild jungle down there... okay, "I" don't want to... Smooth & Silky baby - all the way (I'll letcha keep the hiney hair though - just get rid of all the rest)! Peace out...

Old 09-21-2007, 02:33 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Default Why men are happier; this seems related to the thread

Men Are Just Happier People-- What do you expect from such simple creatures?

Your last name stays put. The garage is all yours. Wedding plans take care of themselves. Chocolate is just another snack. You can be President. You can never be pregnant. You can wear a white T-shirt to a water park. You can wear NO shirt to a water park. Car mechanics tell you the truth. The world is your urinal. You never have to drive to another gas station restroom because this one is just too "icky". You don't have to stop and think of which way to turn a nut on a bolt. Same work, more pay. Wrinkles add character. Wedding dress $5000 - Tux rental $100. People never stare at your chest when you're talking to them. The occasional well-rendered belch is practically expected. New shoes don't cut, blister, or mangle your feet. One mood all the time.

Phone conversations are over in 30 seconds flat. You know stuff about tanks. A five-day vacation requires only one suitcase. You can open all your own jars. You get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness. If someone forgets to invite you, he or she can still be your friend.

Your underwear is $8.95 for a three-pack. Three pairs of shoes are more than enough. You almost never have strap problems in public. You are unable to see wrinkles in your clothes. Everything on your face stays its original color. The same hairstyle lasts for years, maybe decades. You only have to shave your face and neck.

You can play with toys all your life. Your belly usually hides your big hips. One wallet and one pair of shoes -- one color for all seasons. You can wear shorts no matter how your legs look. You can "do" your nails with a pocket knife. You have freedom of choice concerning growing a mustache.

You can do Christmas shopping for 25 relatives on December 24 in 25 minutes.

No wonder men are happier.

Last edited by McGowdog; 09-21-2007 at 02:34 PM.. Reason: emphasis

Old 09-21-2007, 03:26 PM

2,179 posts, read 6,715,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Men Are Just Happier People-- What do you expect from such simple creatures?

Your last name stays put. The garage is all yours. Wedding plans take care of themselves. Chocolate is just another snack. You can be President. You can never be pregnant. You can wear a white T-shirt to a water park. You can wear NO shirt to a water park. Car mechanics tell you the truth. The world is your urinal. You never have to drive to another gas station restroom because this one is just too "icky". You don't have to stop and think of which way to turn a nut on a bolt. Same work, more pay. Wrinkles add character. Wedding dress $5000 - Tux rental $100. People never stare at your chest when you're talking to them. The occasional well-rendered belch is practically expected. New shoes don't cut, blister, or mangle your feet. One mood all the time.

Phone conversations are over in 30 seconds flat. You know stuff about tanks. A five-day vacation requires only one suitcase. You can open all your own jars. You get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness. If someone forgets to invite you, he or she can still be your friend.

Your underwear is $8.95 for a three-pack. Three pairs of shoes are more than enough. You almost never have strap problems in public. You are unable to see wrinkles in your clothes. Everything on your face stays its original color. The same hairstyle lasts for years, maybe decades. You only have to shave your face and neck.

You can play with toys all your life. Your belly usually hides your big hips. One wallet and one pair of shoes -- one color for all seasons. You can wear shorts no matter how your legs look. You can "do" your nails with a pocket knife. You have freedom of choice concerning growing a mustache.

You can do Christmas shopping for 25 relatives on December 24 in 25 minutes.

No wonder men are happier.
Men lead an easier life! haha I will admit though...I do get manicures.

Old 09-21-2007, 04:04 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,601,320 times
McGowDog, that is hilarious!!

Old 09-21-2007, 08:43 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,678,259 times
I don't know how women (and some men) can deal with a lot of hair. The little bit of hair that I have is too hot in the summer and itchy whenever it wants. I am au natural, but I can understand why other fellas shave

Old 09-21-2007, 10:03 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,322,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
Nice pix!!!

sunny
Excellent...boo-yow

Old 09-21-2007, 10:29 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,322,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2beamissourian View Post
ok after seeing the post of shaved or unshaved for women .........

I seen someone post .. I shave mine and I believe it was a man ........

so now do they?
Yes some do. I dated a guy once that did. I must confess it made me a little uncomfortable. I thought it was really strange, but each to his own.

Old 09-22-2007, 01:28 AM

417 posts, read 1,281,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68 View Post
Here's my (my opinion only) of a man with just the right amount of hair on his body!! Don't know about his lower region - OR DO I????

Oh lord, somebody get a bucket of water to throw on me!!!! What I wouldn't do to be Mrs. McGraw!!!

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link)

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link)
Perfect, absolutely perfect!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty