Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 05:24 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,830,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
No daily sunscreen?
No...I guess I should, especially now that I'm walking/jogging and exposing to myself to a lot more sun. But it all feels greasy to me and I can't stop feeling it...like I'm aware every second that it's on my skin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 05:40 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,750,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParallelJJCat View Post
No...I guess I should, especially now that I'm walking/jogging and exposing to myself to a lot more sun. But it all feels greasy to me and I can't stop feeling it...like I'm aware every second that it's on my skin.
You should. Even if you aren't in the sun all that much. Keeps you looking younger. It sounds like you have oilier skin. Look for something light and oil free.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:11 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,610,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
A "no makeup day" is the typical day of a mid western woman isnt it?

This is something that will NEVER catch on. NEVER. Women want to look good. Men want women to look good. Women are not going to want to go for such ridiculousness. Well, maybe the unattractive women who are jealous of the attractive women maybe, but I dont ever EVER see this as something that will catch on, except for maybe the patchouli new age sorceress type women, but they already live their daily lives like that.
Bah, maybe it should. Humans are one of the very few animals, where the males DON'T preen and the females do.

And hopefully one day women in general will realize that the makeup and hair dye and fake body parts and all that crap isn't really worth it in the long run.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:29 PM

15,633 posts, read 26,157,024 times
I think for a lot of women this would be a beneficial thing to do. Make up is fun -- not mandatory.

If you feel makeup is mandatory, maybe taking a break would change that outlook and make it fun again.

But shaving? Frankly, I don't need to do it much on my legs, and no one would notice if I stopped -- hair is very very fine and invisible.... but I love how my bare legs feel!

Old 05-17-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
You should. Even if you aren't in the sun all that much. Keeps you looking younger. It sounds like you have oilier skin. Look for something light and oil free.
My skin isn't oily at all...I'm just one of those people who freak out over, say, a tag on a shirt and have to cut it out. Otherwise I go all day thinking 'It's touching me' until I find some scissors. I'm the same with lotion...I can tolerate it for about a minute before I have to wash it off. I'll have to try some more brands though...if it absorbs fast I might be able to handle it.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:54 PM

37,077 posts, read 42,043,953 times
I usually don't wear anything, even that holy grail sunscreen, but I have makeup that I play with sometimes. Mostly inexpensive stuff. Chemical and physical sunscreen react poorly on me so unless I'm planning to be outside for a long time I don't use it.

I used to wear it all the time when I was younger, but it was usually to make my skin look better because I was broken out or something. My skin looks great now and and I can't really "makeup away" the fact that I'm over 50 so there usually is no point. I wore mascara for the first time in ages a couple days ago and it felt so weird.

Old 05-17-2012, 07:22 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,432,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
A "no makeup day" is the typical day of a mid western woman isnt it?

This is something that will NEVER catch on. NEVER. Women want to look good. Men want women to look good. Women are not going to want to go for such ridiculousness. Well, maybe the unattractive women who are jealous of the attractive women maybe, but I dont ever EVER see this as something that will catch on, except for maybe the patchouli new age sorceress type women, but they already live their daily lives like that.
Wow, can't decide if this is bigotry or just being a snob. My wife only wears makeup on special occasions and quickly washes it off afterwards. Some women's acne problems are caused by their makeup clogging their pores.

Old 05-17-2012, 07:36 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,060,468 times
I know a lot of women that wear little or no make-up, some women wear way too much like Mimi off The Drew Carey show.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:26 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,696,117 times
I used to wear it all the time, when I was younger. It wasn't because of bad skin or anything, just because it was what most women did. Going out without makeup would have been like wearing a dress without nylons...not something that was done. These days, I rarely wear it....only to go to work. Other than that, it's strictly bare skin all the way. I think it would be a good thing, for some people.

I know some who wouldn't dream of leaving the house without doing their hair and make up and a few who say that the first thing they do in the morning, is head for the bathroom and put on their makeup.

A woman I worked with recently, says that she and her husband have been married for 32 years and he's never seen her without her makeup.

Heck, my hubby got so accustomed to seeing me without makeup, that wearing it makes him stare at me....almost makes me a little uncomfortable. "Why are you STARING at me!?" "Stop STARING at me!"

Old 05-17-2012, 09:30 PM

I have to admit that I honestly wouldn't know how to wear make-up if I wanted to. Sometimes I'd get an Avon catalog at work and it always baffled me just how much cr*p exists to pile on one's face. Why is there eyeshadow and eyeliner and eye gel and mascara and dark circle cover-up and crow's feet tightener...and that's just for one tiny area of the face. And then you get into dark spot cover-up and lightener and foundation and blush...you need some kind of chart for what goes on first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty