Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 05:25 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,010,468 times

Advertisements

You could buy him some suspenders to complete the outfit..... It's the 'grandpa visits Florida' look.

My H used to do stuff like this and he knew darn well I didn't like the way he was dressed. I did occasionally point out men who were well dressed. Usually to no avail. I think he really didn't see that his outfit wasn't appropriate. Everything had to be jeans and old comfy clothes.

A couple times I had to take a stand and tell him I would not go with him dressed like that. I refused to go with him to his father's funeral dressed in jeans and a tshirt. I insisted he wear slacks and a real shirt at least....but it would be better if he wore a suit. He gave in and wore the suit. After it was over, he even told me I was right!

For the most part he just didn't care that his clothes were old and didn't fit right anymore. He always said as long as it's clean, who cares?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 05:37 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,679,640 times
When my Dad died my sister looked at my jeans and t-shirt and snobbishly said "Is THAT what youre wearing?" As it was the nicest outfit i owned yes it was what i was going to wear. If it were my funeral i couldnt give a rats behind what people wore as long as they showed up. But since my family members wanted to stick their noses up in the air and turn my Dad's funeral into a GD fashion show I didnt go.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:33 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,229,457 times
Why not buy him something else? I'd go with some nice slacks, linen shirt, Italian loafers and no socks.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:54 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,679,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Why not buy him something else? I'd go with some nice slacks, linen shirt, Italian loafers and no socks.
Yes then afterwards you can go yachting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty