Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2013, 03:14 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times

Advertisements

A hoodie is just a sweatshirt with a hood, worn by people who go out into the cold or get chilled easily. I remember Rocky wearing one when he was working out and preparing for his big fight. Christ, I'm a middle aged white woman who has worn my fair share of hoodies in my day. That anyone sees it as "trashy" "immature" or "disrespectful" is ridiculous. I'm calling out anyone thinking that way as an idiot.

What you REALLY mean is you see it only and always as gang wear because you are ignorant. But you dislike gang members, not hoodies. Try to remember the difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 03:17 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,429,912 times
I doubt the probably wealthy inventor of the hooded sweatshirt/jacket was with concerned with the OP's self-righteous viewpoint.

Old 07-30-2013, 03:31 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,059,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
I see all these young adults dressing with hoodies not unlike thugs and hoodlums. I would never let my grand children in my house wearing such trash. It shows immaturity and disrespect. Button up dress shirts and nice dress pants show that you care about how you look and shows respect to people you do business with. Jeans, hoodies, and t-shirts are for children.
This is about the dumbest thing I have read on the internet in the last 5 years. Could be ever.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:08 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,023,413 times
Quote:
I see all these young adults dressing with hoodies not unlike thugs and hoodlums. I would never let my grand children in my house wearing such trash. It shows immaturity and disrespect. Button up dress shirts and nice dress pants show that you care about how you look and shows respect to people you do business with. Jeans, hoodies, and t-shirts are for children.
Jealous much?

Old 07-30-2013, 07:38 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,920,292 times
Outside temp was in the mid 70's and a male cashier had his hoodie on.

I have my choice to patronize this place or not.....chose to stay away for over two months and spent my money elsewhere.

Did return to the store and guess what....he is gone and so is his hoodie.

Guess I was not the only person to not like the idea of a hoodie behind the cash register (super large chain).

Old 07-30-2013, 09:31 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post

I have my choice to patronize this place or not.....chose to stay away for over two months and spent my money elsewhere.

Guess I was not the only person to not like the idea of a hoodie behind the cash register (super large chain).
Yes, I'm sure you got the inside scoop on the cashier and job status and why he was fired because of his hoodie in the super large chain with more employees than you can probably shake a stick at

Employers can set dress codes, if he was outside the dress code the didn't have to let him behind the cash register. Yet they did? How odd.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:33 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:

I'm over 25 and if you see me wearing a hooded sweatshirt it means I'm cold, nothing more.
I think you are going to or have been quite disappointed when the grand children don't visit because you think they are trashy hoodlums.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:46 PM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,589,947 times
You can't expect a rational discussion to come from someone with the OP's name.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:51 PM

364 posts, read 559,877 times
Troll of the century, this "old woman."

Old 07-30-2013, 09:52 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,126,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post

This may in fact be the largest example of jumping to a conclusion I have ever read. Good work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty