Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 02:19 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,754,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
According to most of the men I've been around, 160 is heavy regardless of height. I absolutely agree that people carry their weight differently. One of my best friends is 5'9 and 195 lbs and she wears a size smaller than me even though I'm 4" taller and 10 lbs lighter than she is. I just have bigger hips and no matter how much I weigh I will never go below a size 9 or so.

There really is a skewed sense of size and weight in this country.
Seriously. And people wonder why everyone's driver's license says 120......

You can look "perfect" at 160 and 20% body fat and if you told people that they'd think OMG you need to lose 40 pounds.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2012, 02:22 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,366,115 times
Quote:
I think it depends on many factors. When I was between 115 and 125 lbs at 6'1, I was too skinny. I felt disgusting and unhealthy even though I've never had that much attention in my life. I look healthiest at around 160 lbs, which is extremely heavy for many women but looks great on me.
Same. At 5'10", 160 lbs is my perfect weight.

My observation is that most guys don't know what x pounds actually looks like, anyway, and couldn't care less what you weigh, as long as, at whatever your weight, you're firm, toned, and only jiggly in the so-called "right" places.

Old 05-25-2012, 02:54 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,565,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Fit is good. One needn't be emaciated to be fit, in fact, emaciated people aren't fit.

Everyone with a brain knows this.
I've found that 'fit' is becoming a euphemism for 'thin' regardless of actual health level.

Just like 'curvy' has become a euphemism for overweight regardless of actual body shape.

Although, it is funny because when I was ridiculously thin I had a 6 pack and rode horses for a few hours every day. I was definitely 'fit' but waaaaay too thin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Seriously. And people wonder why everyone's driver's license says 120......

You can look "perfect" at 160 and 20% body fat and if you told people that they'd think OMG you need to lose 40 pounds.....
When I was working as a car mechanic I was working with a bunch of guys my age (early 20s) and they were tearing apart a female customer (as usual) for her looks and one of the guys said something along the lines of 'I would never date a heifer over 150 lbs, I'd be too embarrassed to be seen with her in public!'. His girlfriend was at least 170 lbs but she carried it well so I guess he didn't notice.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:47 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,664,732 times
If skinny isnt healthy does that mean the op wants us to start being attracted to overweight people? In a black and white world youre either healthy or sick, skinny or fat.

Old 05-26-2012, 08:03 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,684,096 times
Quote:
According to most of the men I've been around, 160 is heavy regardless of height. I absolutely agree that people carry their weight differently. One of my best friends is 5'9 and 195 lbs and she wears a size smaller than me even though I'm 4" taller and 10 lbs lighter than she is. I just have bigger hips and no matter how much I weigh I will never go below a size 9 or so.

There really is a skewed sense of size and weight in this country.

This is because women LIE about their weight so much guys don't know which way is up.

People guess my weight is 20 lbs lighter than it is. I am at least 15-20 lbs heavier than a lot of similar sized friends.

When I told my father I was 160 he freaked out and said I was lying. LOL
I stood on the scale to prove it. And he just looked at me like he was trying to figure out how that was even possible or if he was delusional...lol

Omg...dudes.

I wasnt "fat looking" at that weight. I was just thick.

Old 05-26-2012, 12:34 PM

To the average guy thick IS fat

Old 05-26-2012, 03:16 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,754,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
To the average guy thick IS fat
It really depends on who is using the word and how they are using it. For example, by the traditional definitions, Amber Rose, Serena Williams and Kim Kardashian are all thick. They certainly aren't "fat" (unless you are one of those weirdos who think anyone over a 2 is fat).

There are other people who have expanded the definition of "thick" as to meaning anyone who is over let's say size 8.

Traditionally, thick means "thick" in certain specific places: hips, thighs, butt....and maybe for some people in the bust. But NOT thick in the waist.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:16 PM

2,117 posts, read 5,357,117 times
The photos make this the best thread ever. The content makes it the worst thread ever.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:19 PM

if its pro-OP id prefer not seeing any pics thank you very much. Of course, i just dont have to look. So feel free to post whatever pics you want.

Old 05-26-2012, 09:06 PM

3,219 posts, read 7,066,939 times
I'm sick of the double standard and it being ok to say horrible things about thin women but not overweight ones. Should just shut up about all sizes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty