Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 06:56 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,658,456 times

Advertisements

Who is Christina hendricks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2012, 06:56 PM

2,117 posts, read 5,352,969 times

Official Kate Upton Cat Daddy (Full Version) - YouTube

Old 05-27-2012, 07:02 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,405,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
Who is Christina hendricks?
Christina Hendricks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do a google photo search to see photos of her.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:04 PM

14,771 posts, read 17,047,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Wow, so many here on the attack and mistakenly thinking since the OP doesn't like seeing skin and bones (the common runway model look as well as the common drug addict look) then that must mean he likes fat women. Get over yourselves. There is an inbetween place where women have curves, are physically fit, and are not fat. Instead of focusing their fitness exclusively on diet and aerobic exercise, some women do a mix of aerobic and resistance training (lifting weights). This helps to develop muscles developing more shapely legs, arms, and back without looking like a steroid abusing bodybuilder woman. I dated a girl back in the 80s who worked on a farm feeding a variety of animals and grew vegetables. Simply standing relaxed, she was very sexy and not at all manly muscled. However, when she flexed her muscles, they could clearly be seen. All of those hidden relaxed muscles accuated her overall figure. There were some models in the 80s who also had such figures. Naturally slim women can be attractive, but when you see sunken in cheeks and skin stretched tight across the bones that is not healthy at all! Even naturally slim women who are healthy don't have such a look. It's a sad statement of today's modeling industry that supermodels of the past like Cindy Crawford and Tyra Banks in their prime of their career would today be considered "plus size models". It's also sad that there are websites promoting anorexia and offering up advice and tips on how to get thinner and hide it from friends and family.
I agree. If the OP was stating that naturally skinny women were not attractive, that would be a different story....

I thought he was pretty clear in stating that if you're starving yoruself to 'look good' ... you're not looking good.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:01 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,546,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Christina Hendricks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do a google photo search to see photos of her.

I have a very similar body shape to her, and it's so nice to see someone on tv/in movies that looks like me. All the 'leading ladies' seem to have the exactly same body type and it gets a bit old.

Plus, fashion designers started making clothing that fit women's bodies that are a bit curvier which meant it was a lot easier for me to shop for things.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:17 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,761,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
I agree. If the OP was stating that naturally skinny women were not attractive, that would be a different story....

I thought he was pretty clear in stating that if you're starving yoruself to 'look good' ... you're not looking good.
A picture is worth a thousand words and his pictures compared (mostly) thin women with big boobs and butts compared to (mostly) perfectly healthy looking thin women with small boobs and butts. Its all well and good in theory to be opposed to hurting your body to look a certain way, but you cant determine someone's health by looking at them.

All he's doing is conveying the same sort of message he's criticizing, that you aren't beautiful unless your body is X, Y, Z. He criticizes the idea that you have to be slim and straight to be attractive and replacing those requirements with thick and curvy.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
A picture is worth a thousand words and his pictures compared (mostly) thin women with big boobs and butts compared to (mostly) perfectly healthy looking thin women with small boobs and butts. Its all well and good in theory to be opposed to hurting your body to look a certain way, but you cant determine someone's health by looking at them.

All he's doing is conveying the same sort of message he's criticizing, that you aren't beautiful unless your body is X, Y, Z. He criticizes the idea that you have to be slim and straight to be attractive and replacing those requirements with thick and curvy.
thin women with big boobs & butts or thick & curvy women?

I don't think Nicole Ritchie and who ever is that girl in the red look good, nor is it their natural shape.

I didn't read that into the OP at all. I read that he was stating if you're starving yourself (and used the example of his friend) to cease doing so as its not viewed as attractive..... and that is not an inherently bad message.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:13 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,761,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
thin women with big boobs & butts or thick & curvy women?

I don't think Nicole Ritchie and who ever is that girl in the red look good, nor is it their natural shape.

I didn't read that into the OP at all. I read that he was stating if you're starving yourself (and used the example of his friend) to cease doing so as its not viewed as attractive..... and that is not an inherently bad message.
His words said thick and curvy, his pictures said thin and bodacious. It's amazing the number of people who aren't even aware of their own cognitive dissonance.

The girl in red is Lindsay Lohan and that photo is the reason I said (mostly). Those two had admitted health problems, but the rest of the young celebrities pictured are just small chested ladies. Is there something wrong with having small breasts?

His choice in photos says it all. He's not attacking a size or weight, he's attacking a body type.

Old 05-27-2012, 11:30 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,719,617 times
Quote:
His words said thick and curvy, his pictures said thin and bodacious. It's amazing the number of people who aren't even aware of their own cognitive dissonance.

The girl in red is Lindsay Lohan and that photo is the reason I said (mostly). Those two had admitted health problems, but the rest of the young celebrities pictured are just small chested ladies. Is there something wrong with having small breasts?

His choice in photos says it all. He's not attacking a size or weight, he's attacking a body type.
Exactly. It isn't "hating on skinny people." It is "hating on people who don't have prominent hips, breasts or butts."

Very different. He doesn't like boyish figures. But being slim doesn't mean you have this. For example, Sarah Jessica Parker, very slim but also curvy. Lindsey Lohn circa Mean Girls was also a lot more curvy then as well.

It is all the more evidence that:
a. women are primarily judged on appearance
b. appearance ideals are not attainable for all women whether the shape is hourglass, pear, muscular, boyish, slim, straight, busty or whatever else
c. none of these standards actually help women be more comfortable in their own skin

Old 05-28-2012, 12:55 AM

Quote:

Of course not, if its natural. TBH I didn't even notice the smaller breasts on those women, but the visibility of their ribcage. Interesting what people see in a picture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty