U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 10:29 AM

2,386 posts, read 5,277,742 times

Advertisements

This has probably been done, or even done to death but anyway.

I am so tired of women nowadays having this notion that being skin-and-bones-skinny is attractive, is "sexy". There's NOTHING hot, sexy or slightly attractive about trying to look like a corpse or getting skinny to the point where you'll disappear into thin air. It's unhealthy, its sickening and makes me gag as much as morbidly obese people who have flaps on top of flaps.

I bring this up because I have a friend, who is 5'1 and weighs 95lbs. Maybe to most people that sounds right, that sounds okay, that sounds normal. Seing her in the flesh, NO, NO, NO! She used to be a nice healthy 115-120lbs, athletic and meat in the right places. She was always a petite and thin HEALTHY (I repeat) girl but lately she's befriended some women who kind of gave her hell for having NICE thick legs and a plump butt. I don't know these girls so I don't know what they said to her but it obviously bothered and influenced her to lose weight.

So she's been hitting the treadmill and bike, under eats and dropped down to a sickly looking 95lbs and she says she's been happier than ever. If it floats her boat good but it KILLS me that this is what its coming to. Her cheek bones, hip and rib bones protrude out more (not extremely but still) and she just doesn't look one bit attractive to me. Every time I see her she looks like she's disappearing.

She's obviously not the only one, I've noticed this trend with women who are obsessed with dropping as much weight as they can to the point where they look like crack heads and it makes me very sad. I also noticed that they do this usually to impress-not men-but actually other women. This is like a bodybuilding contest in reverse, its a bodydeconstruction competition!!

As cliche as it sounds, the media has an enormous influence in this trend. If women didn't listen to the media and realized that a vast majority, MOST men love a nice healthy lady, then maybe we can prevent the zombie apocalypse from occurring sooner.

And what I mean when I say "healthy" is a lady who is at a good range or size (at least to me) which is: "Healthy thin", petite, voluptuous, and even "thick" (women who have extra meat "in the right places" and are a little bigger than the average lady but still look sexy as hell but stupid people would consider "fat").

There's NOTHING wrong to me with women who have a big butt, big breast, meat on their legs, basically, if a lady has something to grab, then I feel that is sexy to me (and most men and even lesbian women).

Here's examples of what is sexy:

NOT this:

Of course, this is all subjective and I'm not trying to say what the standard of beauty should be and of course there's some men who do prefer mummies and I have my opinions of them (they tend to be weirdos). On a general bases though, I think most of us men just tend to like and/or love a more fuller, healthier lady, that has sexy curves and meat on her body.

Sound off!

Last edited by Administrator; 01-08-2014 at 05:05 PM.. Reason: copyrights
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 10:39 AM

22,674 posts, read 28,568,174 times
yeah yeah yeah whatever

Old 05-23-2012, 11:04 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,443,013 times

You can't determine someone's health by looking at them, your friend probably has no interest in becoming whatever you happen to find attractive, and healthy women come in many shapes and sizes including skinny and non-curvy.

Does that about cover it?

Old 05-23-2012, 11:12 AM

20,426 posts, read 35,718,901 times
Great gravy... healthy has nothing to do with size!

Friends don't blast friends on internet sites.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:19 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,443,013 times
Might as well retitle the thread "Women with small breasts and butts are unattractive" since that's what he really means.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:23 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,302,757 times
I have a theory about this. The whole body obsession has long stopped being about what's considered 'sexy' by men. Rather, it's more of a status symbol among women. if you think about it, and I think this is something carried over from the aristocracy concept in the previous centuries, upper class women have always been valued for being slender, frail, delicate, while the peasant girls were the ones with the voluptuous curves which was considered crass. I think this mindset is definitely still there - if you think of the 'high society' ladies, you think of thin, elegant women. It carries a certain connotation of elegance, refinement, in a sense, being 'above' the primitive sex appeal of big butts and boobs. Coco Chanel, Audree Hepburn, famous ballerinas - these are the types of women that elicit admiration that's beyond just being 'hot', as opposed to J-Lo or Kim Kardashian, kwim? Of course there are some exceptions of very refined curvier women like Monica Belucci, but these are much fewer.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:25 AM

4,424 posts, read 5,206,967 times
OMG im starting to put on some weight. I really have no desire to exercise. Wish I could somehow convince people that being overweight is attractive.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:40 AM

72,676 posts, read 64,140,481 times
OP: Two of the photos in your "sexy" selection show average women. I don't see what's so great about the one who's kneeling on the sofa or bed, she's just average. Those twins also are average. They're pushing up their breasts to make them look bigger, and their rears do not compare to the other women in your "sexy" selection. If the photo were taken from behind them, you'd see that.

I agree with the last two posts. Overweight actually is attractive, up to a point. I discovered that when I was what I considered to be overweight, I got a lot more attention from guys. The OP has a point, though he didn't make it as diplomatically as he could have.

There was a thread in Relationships where a woman asked if "athletic" type or "curvy" type was more attractive. Most of the guys said "curvy", and that they preferred extra weight on the women. Look at Marilyn Monroe; she was her era's idea of irresistibly hot, but she would be considered overweight by today's standards. Well, it turns out men still like that type. I don't know why the media and fashion magazines would have women believe that this is better. I bought into that myself for a long time. Not any more! Healthy isn't about being thin, it's about being "in shape", meaning working out, having a cardio routine, eating right, keeping the cholesterol balanced.

For some women, it's a matter of genetics as to how everything fills out, or doesn't. Adding weight doesn't necessarily means the weight automatically goes where the guys want it to go. Give women a break.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:35 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,794,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP: Two of the photos in your "sexy" selection show average women. I don't see what's so great about the one who's kneeling on the sofa or bed, she's just average. Those twins also are average. They're pushing up their breasts to make them look bigger, and their rears do not compare to the other women in your "sexy" selection. If the photo were taken from behind them, you'd see that.

I agree with the last two posts. Overweight actually is attractive, up to a point. I discovered that when I was what I considered to be overweight, I got a lot more attention from guys. The OP has a point, though he didn't make it as diplomatically as he could have.

There was a thread in Relationships where a woman asked if "athletic" type or "curvy" type was more attractive. Most of the guys said "curvy", and that they preferred extra weight on the women. Look at Marilyn Monroe; she was her era's idea of irresistibly hot, but she would be considered overweight by today's standards. Well, it turns out men still like that type. I don't know why the media and fashion magazines would have women believe that this is better. I bought into that myself for a long time. Not any more! Healthy isn't about being thin, it's about being "in shape", meaning working out, having a cardio routine, eating right, keeping the cholesterol balanced.

For some women, it's a matter of genetics as to how everything fills out, or doesn't. Adding weight doesn't necessarily means the weight automatically goes where the guys want it to go. Give women a break.

I'm just inside my 'healthy' weight and I found I got FAR more attention from men when I was considered underweight. I think the era in which I had the most male attention was when I was around 125 lbs at 6'1. Short overweight women look great, tall overweight women just look huge. Even though I'm in the healthy weight range (although I'm planning on losing another 30-40 lbs) I still look obese in pictures, so I think a lot of it has to do with your height.

Regardless, most of the men I've come across prefer stick thin women, though I know not all do.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:12 PM

4,424 posts, read 5,206,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I'm just inside my 'healthy' weight and I found I got FAR more attention from men when I was considered underweight. I think the era in which I had the most male attention was when I was around 125 lbs at 6'1. Short overweight women look great, tall overweight women just look huge. Even though I'm in the healthy weight range (although I'm planning on losing another 30-40 lbs) I still look obese in pictures, so I think a lot of it has to do with your height.

Regardless, most of the men I've come across prefer stick thin women, though I know not all do.
generally men do prefer underweight women. They equate it to being with a model.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty