U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2012, 05:02 PM

1,014 posts, read 1,251,399 times

Advertisements

I recently started to have to buy allmay mascarar because I am allergic.

I was getting to where my eyes or eye would itch and it would get all swollen. I thought it was my rosecea affecting my eyes.

I switched to Allmay and have not had a problem thank goodness

My skin is ultra sensitive especially in the last couple of years

I also take my mascara off at night for sure now.

Anyone else have an allergy to mascara?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 07:08 PM

20,426 posts, read 35,777,368 times
Have you actually been tested and found allergic... or are you just guessing?

Old 05-24-2012, 07:39 PM

Ohhhh Im guessing . I once went back to regular mascara and my eye started itching again. I then went back to allmay

Old 05-24-2012, 08:11 PM

7,099 posts, read 23,911,988 times
Mascara has the unfortunate ability to act as a breeding place for bacteria. So it is important to get a fresh supply often. This might have been your problem. Do not use an old brush either.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
Mascara has the unfortunate ability to act as a breeding place for bacteria. So it is important to get a fresh supply often. This might have been your problem. Do not use an old brush either.
true

Old 05-24-2012, 08:32 PM

11,438 posts, read 19,468,095 times
And next eye exam make sure you tell the doctor to check for ocular rosacea....

Old 05-24-2012, 09:32 PM

809 posts, read 1,863,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
And next eye exam make sure you tell the doctor to check for ocular rosacea....
Absolutely. I suddenly became allergic to all eye products, even Almay mascara. I had started to suffer from mild rosacea on my face but never connected the two.

I am/was very, very, fair skinned and in my late 20's discovered tanning beds. I now suffer the consequences. I have rosacea on my face, scalp and neck and a couple years ago was diagnosed with ocular rosacea and it is horrible.

I rarely put mascara or any other eye makeup on anymore, unless it's a wedding..funeral..etc. where I am asked to speak. The reaction isn't immediate, usually the next day but I suffer for weeks after.

I am older and always had a kind of, "it won't happen to me syndrome" or "I don't care what happens later in my life I want instant results". STUPID, STUPID! I now suffer from the bad choices I made because I wanted to look GREAT!

Old 05-25-2012, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by second right View Post
Absolutely. I suddenly became allergic to all eye products, even Almay mascara. I had started to suffer from mild rosacea on my face but never connected the two.

I am/was very, very, fair skinned and in my late 20's discovered tanning beds. I now suffer the consequences. I have rosacea on my face, scalp and neck and a couple years ago was diagnosed with ocular rosacea and it is horrible.

I rarely put mascara or any other eye makeup on anymore, unless it's a wedding..funeral..etc. where I am asked to speak. The reaction isn't immediate, usually the next day but I suffer for weeks after.

I am older and always had a kind of, "it won't happen to me syndrome" or "I don't care what happens later in my life I want instant results". STUPID, STUPID! I now suffer from the bad choices I made because I wanted to look GREAT!
Oh how awful I am sorry

Old 05-25-2012, 08:48 AM

5,145 posts, read 10,436,663 times
I used to have a problem with everything but almay. I went makeup free for a couple years and now nothing seems to bother me. A nice option to darken your lashes (if you don't have contacts) is just coating the lashes with a bit of olive oil. It conditions them too and most people I know I suggested this too notice longer thicker lashes. I think its just because they were not drying out their skin and breaking off lashes. They still have whats there, but since its healthier it appears like there are more lashes and thicker too.

All you need is a dot on your finger. Rub it around so its on the entire finger tip. Swipe down the lash from base to tip. 1 dot is good for both eyes. You can even use the olive oil as an eye cream if you wish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty