U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 07:48 AM

6,739 posts, read 8,541,977 times

Advertisements

I don't follow any fashion. Accept me for who I am and what I wear....

I do like to dress classy - and girly at times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 08:59 AM

3,861 posts, read 7,417,177 times
1. Houndstooth pattern - Only in a coat

2. Capes - Naahhh!!!

3. Animal prints - Yea, especially on shoes

4. Purple - Yes, It's my favorite color next to pink

5. Bows - Hell no!

6. Chunky knits - Yes, I love knitted sweaters

7. Metallics - Yes, yes, yes, I love shiny things

8. School boy look - Yea, I like the preppy look

Some other trends I like...

Patent leather (especially red shoes)

I'm really loving the ankle boots.

Old 09-24-2007, 09:01 AM

859 posts, read 3,018,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia_Rose View Post
What Id like to know is when are they going to start seling clothes that fit normal peeps. When I see peeps in some of the stuff they sell nowdays I have to ask. Do you own a full length mirror and did you look in it before you left . Just because its in style doesnt mean you have to wear it ya know.

Im tall and curvy and Im almost 58. I already have plenty of stuff thats shunk and doesnt fit. So why would I want to pay good money for pants that show the crack of my a$$ and jackets that are so short they look like I stole them from somebodies 5th grader. And whats up with the baby doll tops. Im sorry but anytime I see a large person(me) wearing one all I can think of is that dance in Fantasia. The ballet where the poor alligator tries to catch the hippo in the tutu and gets squished.

Okay Im done. Could somebody help me down off my soap box.
Have you ever shopped at Christopher and Banks? Christopher & Banks

My mom is 55 and I bought her clothes from there for her birthday and now it's her new favorite store. The cuts are sort of geared towards women a little older who don't want all that low cut stuff, but the styles are still very fashionable.

Old 09-24-2007, 09:20 AM

8,668 posts, read 19,917,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissSunshine View Post
Ladies, do you agree with what the fashion world is saying is big for fall?

Give us your vote on some of these top trends:

1. Houndstooth pattern

2. Capes

3. Animal prints

4. Purple

5. Bows

6. Chunky knits

7. Metallics

8. School boy look

Feel free to add your own too.
1) No. Seems too masculine

2) No.

3) No, tired of this trend and never really like it.

4) Yes. I especially like "plummish" colors of purple.

5) Maybe

6) Okay.

7) Okay.

8) No, don't like "masculine" look.

Thanks for the tip about Christopher and Banks. ( I am 52 and would be interested in the type of clothing you mentioned.) I didn't think we had any in the Dallas area, but I looked at the link you provided and we sure do.

Old 09-24-2007, 03:14 PM

13,459 posts, read 21,202,746 times
See, Administrator...We really need a fashion forum..Fall is here and I am still in shorts and tees, because I just need bigtime advice and can't find it, because I don't want to have to go to another forum except cd

Old 09-24-2007, 03:46 PM

2,182 posts, read 5,304,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
See, Administrator...We really need a fashion forum..Fall is here and I am still in shorts and tees, because I just need bigtime advice and can't find it, because I don't want to have to go to another forum except cd
Well Im kinda eccentric in my dress and I wear a lot of mens stuff. So I hesitate to really give fashion advice to others. But off he top of my head Id say you would need to put on some pants. Now finding some pants that you can stand to wear might be a little tricky.

Old 09-24-2007, 03:58 PM

2,182 posts, read 5,304,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissSunshine View Post
Have you ever shopped at Christopher and Banks? Christopher & Banks

My mom is 55 and I bought her clothes from there for her birthday and now it's her new favorite store. The cuts are sort of geared towards women a little older who don't want all that low cut stuff, but the styles are still very fashionable.
Ive shopped at CJ banks but I need more casual suff now that Im not working in an office anymore. I have tons of dressy stuff from when used to be an engineer. Suits etc.

My problem is Im picky . Im tall and I only like fall colors. Goes better with my red hair. I wear a lot of mens shirts and jackets cause they fit. But I make them girlie with accessories.

Old 09-24-2007, 04:44 PM

859 posts, read 3,018,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
I voted for the fashion forum

Apparently no one else did

I would love to chat with you girls about cute clothes, ugly clothes, make up...you name it.

I could probably come up with 32 topics just on handbags<3

Old 09-24-2007, 08:35 PM

1,911 posts, read 8,100,842 times
Hey! I just noticed a Fashion forum has been added here!!!

Old 09-24-2007, 09:02 PM

13,459 posts, read 21,202,746 times
HoorayWe finally got it girls
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty