Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 06:33 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,043,011 times

Advertisements

Ugh I can't stand to see people with un-natural looking light faces with dark knuckles and the area around the nail beds looking crazy. They have to bleach for life to maintain that and once they stop their skin doesn't go back to it's natural color. They end up looking worse than before they started. It's just nasty.

Sammy Sosa looks like a monster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 06:34 AM

61 posts, read 74,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
Ugh I can't stand to see people with un-natural looking light faces with dark knuckles and the area around the nail beds looking crazy. They have to bleach for life to maintain that and once they stop their skin doesn't go back to it's natural color. They end up looking worse than before they started. It's just nasty.
I do it and it looks very good. Not sure why people have the perception that lightening looks crazy. It really doesn't if its done right

Old 04-03-2013, 06:43 AM

If I don't know you personally and I can tell that you bleach by your appearance then no you don't look good. I guess if no one can tell then "you're doing it right" Still at the end of the day you're destroying your skin and putting chemicals on your skin (largest organ and everything you put on your skin is absorbed into your body) that may have long term consequences. People have no idea what is in a lot of the skin whiteners. People have no way of knowing if they will interact with the foods they eat or any prescription medications they may be taking. They don't know if chemical x,y,z will give them cancer in 20 years or cause some kind of organ failure. Some of these products have steroids and are sold in beauty supply stores with a nod and a wink by the workers who do not care that they are selling people crap that may make them sick.

Why take the chance just to be a few shades lighter? No matter what if you aren't white you will NEVER be white no matter how light you make yourself. Also darker skin ages better than lighter skin. The melanin in dark skin is a natural protectant from the sun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnsour View Post
I do it and it looks very good. Not sure why people have the perception that lightening looks crazy. It really doesn't if its done right

Old 04-03-2013, 06:49 AM

61 posts, read 74,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
If I don't know you personally and I can tell that you bleach by your appearance then no you don't look good. I guess if no one can tell then "you're doing it right" Still at the end of the day you're destroying your skin and putting chemicals on your skin (largest organ and everything you put on your skin is absorbed into your body) that may have long term consequences. People have no idea what is in a lot of the skin whiteners. People have no way of knowing if they will interact with the foods they eat or any prescription medications they may be taking. They don't know if chemical x,y,z will give them cancer in 20 years or cause some kind of organ failure. Some of these products have steroids and are sold in beauty supply stores with a nod and a wink by the workers who do not care that they are selling people crap that may make them sick.

Why take the chance just be a few shades lighter? No matter what if you aren't white you will NEVER be white no matter how light you make yourself.
Not every person who bleaches is trying to be a white person. I wish people would get this through their head. Is Beyonce White? Is Nicki Minaj White? Is Rihanna White? No. None of those women are white but they have fair skin and are considered highly desirable. I am trying to meet that standard. I want to be a lighter version of myself which is a light complected black woman that is highly sought after in the black community. You don't have to be White to be considered beautiful or get acceptance.

Everybody is going to get sick as they get older, so I couldn't care less what may happen to my organs in 20/30s years. We're all gonna get sick someday and die. But all I know is that I like how it lightens my skin and makes me look better. No one noticed me when I was darker, I was pretty much invisible. Now that my skin is lightening I feel it makes me stand out more and people acknowledge me

Old 04-03-2013, 06:59 AM

Sad...sad...sad. I am not a light complexion black woman and I haven't straightened my hair in years. It didn't stop me from marrying and having my children. My husband adores me as I am. I may be passed up by some men, black and non-black, for not having the Beyonce look but I don't care about them. You only need one to love you and want to be with you anyway. At least I'm not risking my health to look like someone I am not.

Yes we all get sick and die eventually but don't be so sure that it will happen when you get old. If you get cancer when you're still young from doing this uneccessary thing than you will have to live with the bitter regret that you may have contributed to your own demise.

It's also really bad when people bathe their entire bodies with those bleach soaps and then they need some kind of sutures and the skin falls apart. Gross.

To each it's own but it doesn't seem worth it to me. The truth is still the truth even when we don't like it.

Last edited by Jasper03; 04-03-2013 at 07:17 AM..

Old 04-03-2013, 10:47 AM

57 posts, read 86,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
No. A lot of brahmins are black.

It's a global problem. You think Jesus Christ would have been famous if he looked like Kofi Annan?
jesus christ looks like a megadeath or metallica band member, probably the lead singer or guitarist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty