Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 06:41 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Women dressing in skimpy outfits does not preclude men from behaving appropriately and politely.
Who's to say staring, ogling or even making comments and whistling aren't the appropriate behavior in this situation (women wearing skimpy outfits out in public)? Context counts, I would say...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2014, 07:10 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,731,683 times
Totally in agreement with you.

If someone acts (or dresses) like a clown, they shouldn't be upset to be laughed or stared at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckinMi View Post
I am a young girl at the age where everyone dresses skimpy. I for one, do not like it. I like long skirts and loose sweaters. And not because I have a body to hide, I am very fit. I just think its stupid to show off your body but then get upset when people stare, and I really don't like be stared at by old men. Girls who say its mens fault are crazy. If they are staring for minutes and winking and such, in that case its too far. But them looking at your well exposed area is natural and usually they don't mean for you to notice. I think girls need to chill or cover up.

Old 06-08-2014, 07:11 PM

I don't recall her saying that she likes wearing winter clothes in summer. She was giving an example.

And by the way, there are weirdo trends. Like the sleeveless wedding dresses. I actually went to a wedding outdoors in the winter, and the bride was wearing no sleeves. Hello? The groom sure wasn't wearing a tank top!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
You wear a sweater in the summer? Are you mad?

Old 06-08-2014, 07:17 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,204,961 times
I have no problem with women wearing revealing clothes, as long as men can reveal themselves in a similar manner without being ridiculed.

I by mistake lifted my hands up while wearing a tank last year at the tennis court, and I am never again wearing a tank outdoors in my life . Two chic's (perhaps in their 20's) had the audacity to ask me "eew, disgusting. Why do you have so much hair down there ?".

So, we will stop looking at women with beautiful bodies when the very same beautiful women stop asking men questions like this.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 06-08-2014 at 07:27 PM..

Old 06-08-2014, 07:29 PM

706 posts, read 1,179,837 times
Topics like this are somewhat pointless without a consensus on what is considered "revealing". For some revealing could mean showing butt cheeks and lots of cleavage. For others it could mean a skirt that is 1-2 inches above the knee and a sleeveless shirt. For others revealing could mean everything covered, but tight enough to show every curve or just some curves.

As I stated in the other thread, I occasionally dress revealing, but nothing outlandish. But for me, revealing means a form fitting, shorter dress that shows lots of leg and my curves. Or I might decide to show cleavage, but no leg (a tighter, low cut shirt with an pair of jeans). My point is "revealing" doesn't not necessarily have to mean having it ALL hanging out for display. And how revealing a person judges another person's attire to be also depends on how comfortable/uncomfortable that person is wih the idea of nudity and sexuality. So many factors involved.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:42 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,121,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
Topics like this are somewhat pointless without a consensus on what is considered "revealing". For some revealing could mean showing butt cheeks and lots of cleavage. For others it could mean a skirt that is 1-2 inches above the knee and a sleeveless shirt. For others revealing could mean everything covered, but tight enough to show every curve or just some curves.

As I stated in the other thread, I occasionally dress revealing, but nothing outlandish. But for me, revealing means a form fitting, shorter dress that shows lots of leg and my curves. Or I might decide to show cleavage, but no leg (a tighter, low cut shirt with an pair of jeans). My point is "revealing" doesn't not necessarily have to mean having it ALL hanging out for display. And how revealing a person judges another person's attire to be also depends on how comfortable/uncomfortable that person is wih the idea of nudity and sexuality. So many factors involved.
Another great post from Kitten ^^^. Once again, I agree with every point. Wish I could rep you again.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:54 AM

Wow, what an immature reaction from those 2 girls! Sheesh. What were they? 7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I have no problem with women wearing revealing clothes, as long as men can reveal themselves in a similar manner without being ridiculed.

I by mistake lifted my hands up while wearing a tank last year at the tennis court, and I am never again wearing a tank outdoors in my life . Two chic's (perhaps in their 20's) had the audacity to ask me "eew, disgusting. Why do you have so much hair down there ?".

So, we will stop looking at women with beautiful bodies when the very same beautiful women stop asking men questions like this.

Old 06-09-2014, 01:51 PM

706 posts, read 1,179,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Another great post from Kitten ^^^. Once again, I agree with every point. Wish I could rep you again.
Thanks gypsychic!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty