Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2012, 12:34 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,628,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Is it hard not to stare?
It can be, especially when she is beautiful from head to toe. But I try my best to be discreet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 12:35 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
I love a woman dressed sexy but I try not to stare.
Just thought of something- IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WEARING SEXY CLOTHING. When woman is strikingly attractive she could be wearing a business suit- or a body length sack for that matter- You are going to notice her no matter what- and you are going to give her an unassuming stare..

A woman could be dressed in almost nothing and if she is not beautiful all she is going to get is a glace if that. It's not the clothes..it's the woman. As Mick Jagger once said..."It's the singer not the song".

Old 06-21-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
if you go out in the street with hair colored like skunk -- people will stare. if you dress very sexy -- people will stare. if those are your clothing choices, fine. but don't get mad when they stick out like sore thumb. obvious.
Your pretty close on this one Doll Eyes..very accurate point- You might dress up thinking it is sexy and actually look like a funny little clown in mesh stockings..People might not be staring because they can not resist- but maybe because they can not resist having a chuckle?

Could be that some woman think that any attention from a man is sexual..not always the case- One woman said to me...after knowing her for a while- "You came on to me"----real dumb- I was just being kind and civil- she could not tell the difference.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:30 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Never stare or shall I say let them catch you staring. When a woman passes take a good look at that pretty face---once she has passed- turn and look at that wonderful set of legs and butt...That way you can pretend you are some cool European dude in a movie.
LOL! There's no need to stare. Use your peripheral vision. Or wear sunglasses so you can stare without anyone seeing you stare. Sunglasses are the perfect subterfuge, unless it's a cloudy day.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:52 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,907,527 times
I usually take it as a compliment when I catch someone checking me out.

The only way I could see someone getting offended is if they are leering at you.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:57 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times
Quote:
Your pretty close on this one Doll Eyes..very accurate point- You might dress up thinking it is sexy and actually look like a funny little clown in mesh stockings..People might not be staring because they can not resist- but maybe because they can not resist having a chuckle?

Could be that some woman think that any attention from a man is sexual..not always the case- One woman said to me...after knowing her for a while- "You came on to me"----real dumb- I was just being kind and civil- she could not tell the difference.

Well I don't like it when men stare at my large breasts, uninhibited, it's annoying. I don't wear revealing tops and wear a bra 'minimizer' but they still stick out past what most other normal girls have, especially in tee shirts *shrugs*

I agree just b/c people are staring maybe they are LOL @ me or at these provocatively dressed women. Well, I thought most attention from male is sexual unless he's laughing about the woman. Again, if you wear those kinds of clothes, people will stare more so then usual.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:10 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,276,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
She's clearly an exhibitionist but doesn't like when men stare?

Something's not right there.

I hate when people react like that. It's obvious they're wearing certain things for attention, but when the get the attention, they shun it.
They "pretend" to shun it amanda808....if they didn't get the attention....they'd be CRYING

Old 06-21-2012, 07:18 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,732,593 times
I think there's truth in that when the look is intentional. For example, wearing a mini skirt that nearly reveals the gallbladder.

Not where it involves things that aren't intentional. For example, women born with very large breasts (i.e. that were not arrived at through silicone - and that's fairly easy to determine, since silicone breasts - even the great ones - don't look natural).

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
They "pretend" to shun it amanda808....if they didn't get the attention....they'd be CRYING

Last edited by Saritaschihuahua; 06-21-2012 at 07:49 PM..

Old 06-21-2012, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
LOL! There's no need to stare. Use your peripheral vision. Or wear sunglasses so you can stare without anyone seeing you stare. Sunglasses are the perfect subterfuge, unless it's a cloudy day.
Any time I see a fellow male give a bold and relentless stare at a passing woman..all I can think of- is what a jerk..These men don't know it but they look like boors who will never be successful with woman. Woman must sense that also....Never liked that part of low end Italian culture...The way they look over a woman like spiced meat at the butcher shop...

I never wear sunglasses - but when I have, I have a real good look..Some times I wonder if woman wearing shades are secretly eyeing the males? The complaint of this thread originator might not be about men staring..but about men that see only a walking vagina and breasts. I can not say that I am not guilty of that. There are days when I think that one of the things God got totally right was the female form...The curves and the moves by natural design are wonderful....It still amazes me how many different body types exist ...just about all of them are nice....

Sometimes you will see a very sleek neck and you think- that would be nice to kiss...or you see a substantial butt...and think - that reminds me of fine leather seats in a Cadillac...Or breasts and you thing- Jeeezzz those look very comforting....or a face with eyes that make me think- I could look into those for an eternity. What can I say...Woman are the primary reason to keep on living. It's natural....A fine and good woman is worth more than her weight in gold.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:55 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,575,276 times
Quote:
Any time I see a fellow male give a bold and relentless stare at a passing woman..all I can think of- is what a jerk..These men don't know it but they look like boors who will never be successful with woman. Woman must sense that also....Never liked that part of low end Italian culture...The way they look over a woman like spiced meat at the butcher shop...

I never wear sunglasses - but when I have, I have a real good look..Some times I wonder if woman wearing shades are secretly eyeing the males? The complaint of this thread originator might not be about men staring..but about men that see only a walking vagina and breasts. I can not say that I am not guilty of that. There are days when I think that one of the things God got totally right was the female form...The curves and the moves by natural design are wonderful....It still amazes me how many different body types exist ...just about all of them are nice....

Sometimes you will see a very sleek neck and you think- that would be nice to kiss...or you see a substantial butt...and think - that reminds me of fine leather seats in a Cadillac...Or breasts and you thing- Jeeezzz those look very comforting....or a face with eyes that make me think- I could look into those for an eternity. What can I say...Woman are the primary reason to keep on living. It's natural....A fine and good woman is worth more than her weight in gold.
What I never understood are the men who use cat calls. The "psssssst" or "ayo". I have never once in my life seen this work for any man yet they continue to do it. Why? Not to mention, if a women ever did indeed respond to that, it says alot about her. Not in a good way either!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty