Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2012, 06:14 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Yes yes, everyone has the right to feel and think however they wish. But how much sense does it make? To display something for virtually the entire world, and then act as if you only want certain people looking? Or to display it all day and act as if people should only glance at it.

A little consistency, I think that's all the OP is asking for.
I stopped trying to figure out why woman act in a certain way a long time ago. Makes the day go much faster.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 06:21 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,897,405 times
Leave it to a woman (of course not all) to demand that all men should act exactly like and think as a woman in this regard and anything else is completely unacceptable and inexcusable. That to even consider the way a man's brain works is not viable and actually any man who reacts visually should be just be considered Neanderthal and punished.

It's a good thing that most men are smart enough not to try to understand or delve into the mindset of women more than absolutely necessary and still love to be around them (most of the time) and not try to change them.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:24 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
All hope is lost, my friend. Wearing revealing clothes and expecting the average man not to stare is unrealistic and foolish. In that sense alone, no, there is no middle ground, because how can I respect someone when the only things I know about them is that A) They show their body off to strangers, and B) They're foolish (remember we are talking about those who show it and then act puzzled about why men are staring). That's not only education of their lack of fashion sense, but of their intellect as well.

The very reason I included that part in parentheses is that I knew someone would reply as you did. A respectable woman might choose to be seen as a sexual object in certain situations, that much is for certain. But when you practically shine a spotlight on one particular feature to a bunch of strangers, you cannot be "offended" at people fixating on that feature and still claim to be sane. Who stares at a card magician's shoes? Who cares about their frickin shoes when they're showing us so much with their hands?

And before it comes to it, I'm not one of those to talk of the "degradation of women". What women like this are doing is an offense against men. YES! It most certainly is, because men are constantly devolving in a social sense and these women are partly responsible. (and I'm only being about 40% facetious here )
It's not about expectations. You might hope that wearing a miniskirt won't turn an otherwise chivalrous man into a pig just as you might hope leaving your bike unchained for a few minutes won't turn an otherwise honest person into a thief. Expect? Eh...maybe not. But the sinners are still the ones who ought to be reprimanded, not the person who made it easier for them to commit their sins.

What are you imagining here? A woman walking around in a bra and shorts so short her cheeks pop out? Because while you'll see that occasionally, it's really not the norm and not what the OP described. What about an outfit like this? Or this? Or this? Because this is the kind of sexy outfit you're going to see on a woman riding the subway or at the grocery store, not something like this. If the first set of women were going about their day and saw a man obviously leering, would you scoff at her for giving him a dirty look and tell her she should have shown less skin if she didn't want to get stared at? Would you tell her she's making herself into a sex object and doesn't deserve to be treated with respect or like a "fellow" human being?

Old 06-25-2012, 06:33 PM

1,801 posts, read 2,924,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
I try not to stare myself but I will sneak a peak when I think she's not looking to not make her feel uncomfortable. I just dont understand the women who go out of their way to make their presence known via their attire and expect not to get looked at. I dont know any man who goes outside practically half naked and wonders why people are giving him looks.
He'd probably get arrested.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:43 PM

1,801 posts, read 2,924,625 times
The boob thing is joke really as they don't want men to look at them but they are probably wearing a bra that lifts, pushes up, squashes etc. in a provocative way, why??????

Old 06-25-2012, 06:46 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
It's not about expectations. You might hope that wearing a miniskirt won't turn an otherwise chivalrous man into a pig just as you might hope leaving your bike unchained for a few minutes won't turn an otherwise honest person into a thief. Expect? Eh...maybe not. But the sinners are still the ones who ought to be reprimanded, not the person who made it easier for them to commit their sins.
I don't think that leaving your bike unchained is "just asking for a person to steal it" as they say, so much as showing considerably more skin than the average woman out there is asking for a person to look. I guess that's because we all know that at least some women who dress that way truly do want men to look, and we're to kinda figure out that no one leaving their bike unchained actually wants it stolen.

Quote:
What are you imagining here? A woman walking around in a bra and shorts so short her cheeks pop out? Because while you'll see that occasionally, it's really not the norm and not what the OP described. What about an outfit like this? Or this? Or this?
I don't see anything wrong with the first, except it being dog ugly. I guess you're referring to the tightness of the pants in the second. No, I don't believe that is relevant to any argument of mine, because I didn't mention tightness of pants at all. Now the tube top is and always has been rather skanky (Google Images "tube top" if you doubt the correlation).

And the OP was talking about a woman wearing a "really short skirt" (Google Images that as well and tell me how you determined just what the OP was talking about)

Quote:
If the first set of women were going about their day and saw a man obviously leering, would you scoff at her for giving him a dirty look and tell her she should have shown less skin if she didn't want to get stared at? Would you tell her she's making herself into a sex object and doesn't deserve to be treated with respect or like a "fellow" human being?
I wouldn't tell any of them anything, because the cops would swarm thinking I was a John - Kidding! Only kidding. No, I wouldn't say anything to a strange woman about the way she's dressed. What good could come from that?

Guess the OP should've been the one posting pictures.

Generally speaking, if you're wearing something that noticeably contrasts with the size and style of those around you... be expecting looks.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:54 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,451,073 times
Most woman are mentally unstable and are a lot less logical than men are. What makes perfect sense to most men doesn't register with a lot of women.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:01 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,078,177 times
When I was younger, I lived in a 2 story apartment complex with many units. One day while walking from my apt. to throw my trash in the dumpster that was in the vehicle parking area, one of my female neighbors was walking by and SHE stopped to say hello. She was walking to the pool. Her bathing suit consisted of 2 postage stamps and a fig leaf. Evidently her mother was looking out the window because the next time she saw me, she asked 'why were you gawking at my daughter?' My response was 'if your daughter was wearing an appropiate cover as required by the rules of our community, I wouldn't be able to stare at her naked body'.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:08 PM

5,480 posts, read 6,305,303 times
Hey, as far as I'm concerned, it a free country, so if you're free to display it, I'm free to look. And no, I don't ever stare, that's pretty rude, but I always notice a sexily dressed attractive woman.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:15 PM

190 posts, read 301,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I agree with the OP; women should know that certain outfits will elicit a certain response from men. Either deal with it, or wear something else if you're going to get offended.
As someone mentioned before women are crazy
Some to the extent they actually wear revealing clothes to make the men would stare so they would have an opportunity to be standoffish. It's like ultimate revenge for being ignored, not noticed by boyfriend, father, imaginary friend or men in general. Women are crazy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty