Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 11:42 AM

35 posts, read 92,505 times

Advertisements

I give these attention seekers zero attention. The same will apply if I wore skin tight shorts showing my balls and a tank top revealing my muscles. I prefer women in a nice modest yet sexy outfit. The curves will show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2014, 12:09 PM

3,167 posts, read 4,000,065 times
Obviously, the outfit was meant to attract the attention of a 20-something stud, not a middle-aged man. Shame on him for having the nerve to ogle a woman way out of his reach.

Old 06-05-2014, 12:17 PM

20,756 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Yeah, what's up with all these attention wh o re s who hang out their boobs. That should entitle everybody to touch them while walking by and HONK these horns.

Old 06-05-2014, 05:48 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,384,866 times
Just for the sake of discussion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnseca View Post
Obviously, the outfit was meant to attract the attention of a 20-something stud, not a middle-aged man. Shame on him for having the nerve to ogle a woman way out of his reach.
This assumes that the man wants to have more with the woman than just him ogling her. Why would you assume that? Men invented the phrase "eye candy" to describe their want to look without necessarily touching.

And when a woman is showing everyone her "goods", she forfeits the right to expect any of them not to look.

Women should make up their minds if they want to be treated as human beings or objects. Objects could care less who stares at them (or who handles them for that matter). Know what you are choosing when you're choosing it!

Old 06-06-2014, 02:15 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,683,923 times
I'm sure someone will rip me a new one for this; but when I dressed in more revealing clothing 20+ years ago, it's because I wanted to be noticed. I didn't want to be touched or stared at to the point of feeling uncomfortable, but it would be a lie if I said I dressed that way because I really liked it or thought it was just super comfortable. It may not be that way for everyone now, especially if it's just how people, younger especially, dress (I have no idea as my daughters do not dress this way); but for me that's why I wore skin-tight clothing or clothes that showed off a little too much.

I'm almost 40 and no longer dress this way obviously.

Old 06-08-2014, 11:55 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,808,660 times
I'm not the revealing clothing type but I do have one pair of booty shorts. They were the only type of shorts that Ocean City had and I liked the color. They're just comfortable to me. I don't dress for anyone but me. However if enough people are staring to make me feel like I'm in the spotlight then I'm going to feel uncomfortable. I don't like being the center of attention. Granted I know that that kind of attire is going to attract attention so I rarely wear them out on the town. However, if they're all I have that is clean that's what I'm going to have to wear. I wear them to bed though in the summertime so sometimes I will be wearing them when I take the dogs out. I'm not going to get dressed for that when I'm not stark naked. I hate shopping for clothes so I'm not going to go out and buy some more just so I don't get put in the spotlight especially when I don't have a lot of money anyway (I'm also very picky since I'm not a clothes person). I'm not going to wear pants when it's hot outside. I understand if one guy stares, won't complain about that but I will definitely think "they're staring at my body not my face"

In the case of cleavage, I do wear camisoles but sometimes with the shirts I wear it is too hot to wear with a regular shirt so I kinda have to wear the camisole like a tank top or I just wear the shirt. I threw out all my bras once I read they caused cancer. Also bras are just uncomfortable anyway. I'm not flat but I'm not so big busted that I need them so the nips only stick out a little even if I'm not wearing a camisole. I don't see why we'd have to risk having cancer and be very uncomfortable just so we don't attract a lot of attention.

I am an alien so it may be just me but I don't really check out men's bods. Even if they have what is considered a nice bod, I'm not wanting to look at all unless I am already interested in the guy. The only time I check them out is if they have a bubble butt and that's because that's rare on a guy and I do my best to make sure they don't see me checking out their butt, though in the case of men of course they're not going to show off their butt but even if we did live in a world where they would I'd still think the same.

Anyway TL;DR but yes I get men are going to look. That's how they are programmed but consider the fact we are all born naked. Sometimes a boob is just a boob and a butt is just a butt. As a society, we have too many standards.

Old 06-08-2014, 12:11 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,588,583 times
Sadly women our shoulder with this burden to tow the line since some are weak cannot control themselves ..It comes down to teaching our young man at an early age, no means no, no matter how naked you both is and it's your respbility to mind your own , stop blaming others for your downfalls..

Old 06-08-2014, 12:39 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Women dressing in skimpy outfits does not preclude men from behaving appropriately and politely.

Old 06-08-2014, 01:42 PM

46 posts, read 61,648 times
I am a young girl at the age where everyone dresses skimpy. I for one, do not like it. I like long skirts and loose sweaters. And not because I have a body to hide, I am very fit. I just think its stupid to show off your body but then get upset when people stare, and I really don't like be stared at by old men. Girls who say its mens fault are crazy. If they are staring for minutes and winking and such, in that case its too far. But them looking at your well exposed area is natural and usually they don't mean for you to notice. I think girls need to chill or cover up.

Old 06-08-2014, 05:34 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,808,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckinMi View Post
I am a young girl at the age where everyone dresses skimpy. I for one, do not like it. I like long skirts and loose sweaters. And not because I have a body to hide, I am very fit. I just think its stupid to show off your body but then get upset when people stare, and I really don't like be stared at by old men. Girls who say its mens fault are crazy. If they are staring for minutes and winking and such, in that case its too far. But them looking at your well exposed area is natural and usually they don't mean for you to notice. I think girls need to chill or cover up.
You wear a sweater in the summer? Are you mad?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty