Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 09:44 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,537,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
B-I-N-G-O

You choose to live your life a way, other people choose to live their lives their way. Why is this hard to understand?
It's not a realistic choice. I choose to drive because it is necessary, not because it is a luxury.

Babee chooses to mutilate herself for other reasons. I don't agree with her choices, but it's her life and her body, not mine. I simply expressed an opinion. I don't understand why you even jumped on this, to tell you the truth.

I mean, I could walk into a KKK meeting (or the P&OC forum meeting) and expect not to be harassed, assaulted or killed. Of course, I'd be stupid to do that. But it's a choice, right? We all have choices. For me, it's just not a prudent or sensible one.

Same thing here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 02:14 PM

13,290 posts, read 15,235,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
It's not a realistic choice. I choose to drive because it is necessary, not because it is a luxury.
It's clearly not necessary since there are plenty of people that don't drive.

Quote:
Babee chooses to mutilate herself
So do you. Unless you never cut your hair or fingernails. "But that's different!" No, it isn't. You've altered your body in a permanent way to fit your, or societies, ideal.

Quote:
For me
BINGO

Old 06-21-2012, 03:05 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,537,096 times
Quote:
It's clearly not necessary since there are plenty of people that don't drive.
It's necessary for me. Where I live you have to drive to have a productive life.

Quote:
So do you. Unless you never cut your hair or fingernails. "But that's different!" No, it isn't. You've altered your body in a permanent way to fit your, or societies, ideal.
Of course I have. I alter my body all the time - shave, get fingernails cut, get a haircut - to fit MY ideal, not anyone else's. However, since my hair and fingernails continuously grow, it's not an alteration "in a permanent way." Cutting hair is radically different from killing muscle tissue with botulinum toxin. I think you already know that.

Quote:
BINGO
Whatever. You are purposely being obtuse because you obviously have no life.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:44 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,877,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
I haven't had any plastic surgery yet...but yes, I'm definitely having more cosmetic procedures after my jaw (non surgical) and augmentation. Lipo definitely, rhinoplasty maybe.

I've never been into bags and shoes...I like makeovers.
Sounds like a Heidi Montag make over.

Well, good luck...I hope these changes make you happy and you have a successful career in show business or whatever.

Are you trying to get into the entertainment industry?

Old 06-21-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
It's necessary for me. Where I live you have to drive to have a productive life.
You could move. You could change jobs. Any number of things. You choose your lifestyle.

Quote:
Of course I have. I alter my body all the time - shave, get fingernails cut, get a haircut - to fit MY ideal, not anyone else's.
Are you 100% sure that if society, en masse, did not cut our hair and fingernails that you would? I really don't think that you can say that.

Quote:
However, since my hair and fingernails continuously grow, it's not an alteration "in a permanent way."
Of course it is in a permanent way. You can never get back the hair or nails that you've already cut. You are permanently altered.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:17 PM

Quote:
You could move. You could change jobs. Any number of things. You choose your lifestyle.

Are you 100% sure that if society, en masse, did not cut our hair and fingernails that you would? I really don't think that you can say that.

Of course it is in a permanent way. You can never get back the hair or nails that you've already cut. You are permanently altered.

I don't get what any of this has to do with boob jobs or the thread at all

Old 06-21-2012, 04:22 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,563,959 times
Every time I see this thread title, I think of the urban legend about the exploding cactus filled with thousands of spiders. So it could be worse.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
I don't get what any of this has to do with boob jobs or the thread at all
Making choices and altering your body.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:34 PM

People should be free to do whatever they like with their bodies but they shouldn't feel the need to convince dissenters that it is THEY who are the one's with low self-esteem.

If people were certain they had healthy self-esteem they wouldn't become so offended when others believed the act if getting a boob job may correlate with low-self esteem.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:35 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,761,227 times
Quote:
Making choices and altering your body.
He's right, though, you are being obtuse.

Yes, riding in a motorized vehicle (not necessarily driving) comes with risks. Yes, it is possible with great effort to find a living situation in which all of your basic needs are within walking distance. But that comes with incredible inconvenience and costs extensive time and money. So we risk riding in a motorized vehicle and our reward is time, money, and convenience.

The difference with plastic surgery is that the risks aren't equally balanced by the reward. Living without large breasts causes only very minor inconvenience, if any, and does not impede a person from living a normal life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty