Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 04:02 PM

727 posts, read 1,527,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ceTr0n View Post
Same goes for nipple and tounge/lip/eyebrow peircings.
That's where I disagree. I love it when a woman has a small stud in her nose. I also love belly button piercings.

Old 06-10-2012, 04:14 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,530,848 times
Everyone has preferences, and my preferences swing towards heavily tattooed people. Nothing sexier than a man with well done, professional (and hopefully nerdy) full sleeves

Yes, I'm a female working on a sleeve and I love my work, and no, I don't care if my dating pool is diminished because of it. I also don't care what most of you think about my decision to get my tattoos as I did them for myself and not for the approval of others.

I don't do any drugs, I have multiple college degrees and professional certificates and getting a job has never been a problem for me. I understand a lot of people stereotype and frankly I'm quite sad about the level of hatred coming from people regarding others decisions in life.

I've found that people who are heavily tattooed are some of the nicest, accepting, warmest people I've ever had the pleasure to know. Nobody is forcing you to date someone with a tattoo, but just because we have a 'different' way of expressing ourselves doesn't mean we should be treated as lesser people.

Old 06-10-2012, 04:22 PM

51,847 posts, read 52,242,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Everyone has preferences, and my preferences swing towards heavily tattooed people. Nothing sexier than a man with well done, professional (and hopefully nerdy) full sleeves

Yes, I'm a female working on a sleeve and I love my work, and no, I don't care if my dating pool is diminished because of it. I also don't care what most of you think about my decision to get my tattoos as I did them for myself and not for the approval of others.

I don't do any drugs, I have multiple college degrees and professional certificates and getting a job has never been a problem for me. I understand a lot of people stereotype and frankly I'm quite sad about the level of hatred coming from people regarding others decisions in life.

I've found that people who are heavily tattooed are some of the nicest, accepting, warmest people I've ever had the pleasure to know. Nobody is forcing you to date someone with a tattoo, but just because we have a 'different' way of expressing ourselves doesn't mean we should be treated as lesser people.
People, unfortunately do judge you on appearance. I don't condone it.. but it's human nature.

When you do things out of the "norm" you will be judged.... to quote Metallica, "Sad but true"

I'm saying this from a place of understanding, trust me.

I'm college educated, have a good job, make decent coin.

I have really long hair and a goatee....

I'm also a senior techie type at my company.

I know people judge on appearance because recently we had a new hire and I was walking around the office and I bumped into her and introduced myself and we were chitty chating she then said this to me, "So, do you work in the warehouse?"

Old 06-10-2012, 04:25 PM

11,054 posts, read 16,750,121 times
I don't have any tattoos myself, but I am fine with them on other people. I've dated a lot of tattooed girls... in fact, a couple of my exes have tattoos that I designed for them.

I've seen some that were really ill-advised and stupid. In fact, I wrote a song about one of them... "Fat Girl With a Cupcake Tattoo Behind Her Ear." It's quite stirring when performed acapella.

This, on the other hand, is totally awesome:

Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by Yac; 01-09-2014 at 05:56 AM..

Old 06-10-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
People, unfortunately do judge you on appearance. I don't condone it.. but it's human nature.

When you do things out of the "norm" you will be judged.... to quote Metallica, "Sad but true"

I'm saying this from a place of understanding, trust me.

I'm college educated, have a good job, make decent coin.

I have really long hair and a goatee....

I'm also a senior techie type at my company.

I know people judge on appearance because recently we had a new hire and I was walking around the office and I bumped into her and introduced myself and we were chitty chating she then said this to me, "So, do you work in the warehouse?"
I absolutely understand, but I guess because I've been 'marginalized' nearly my entire life and knew from a very young age I'd never really fit in with normal people I suppose I embraced my weirdness At some point you just have to say screw it and do the things that make you happy, and while many people simply won't understand, my tattoos make me happy.

I've always worked in shop-type environments so I guess I never really worried about how my tattoos will affect me. Most people really don't care if their mechanic has tattoos, and most aviation mechanics work away from the general population in places where you have to have a badge to get into. So.... I guess everything just kinda worked out for me

Old 06-10-2012, 04:31 PM

51,847 posts, read 52,242,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I absolutely understand, but I guess because I've been 'marginalized' nearly my entire life and knew from a very young age I'd never really fit in with normal people I suppose I embraced my weirdness At some point you just have to say screw it and do the things that make you happy, and while many people simply won't understand, my tattoos make me happy.

I've always worked in shop-type environments so I guess I never really worried about how my tattoos will affect me. Most people really don't care if their mechanic has tattoos, and most aviation mechanics work away from the general population in places where you have to have a badge to get into. So.... I guess everything just kinda worked out for me
Cool.

Good for you... LOL, that sounded crappy, but I mean it sincerely.

I like how at your youngish age you are saying f it to societies "norms"... I can respect that.

Old 06-10-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Cool.

Good for you... LOL, that sounded crappy, but I mean it sincerely.

I like how at your youngish age you are saying f it to societies "norms"... I can respect that.

I didn't take it as an insult or anything, believe me.... I've had all kinds of negative things said regarding my lifestyle choices. Luckily, I have an amazing family to support me and even they knew early on that I was going to be a weirdo! I could be miserable and try to fit in, or I could be myself and be happy.

Seems like a pretty easy decision to make.

Old 06-10-2012, 04:37 PM

44,885 posts, read 59,858,372 times
But Jet Jockey didn't you mention that you have pretty magnificent hoo-ha's? Those will trump tatts for most men.

Old 06-10-2012, 04:39 PM

2,203 posts, read 5,064,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ceTr0n View Post
Faces are a natural, genetic and unchangable physical trait from birth. Tattoo's are of total free will choosing. Big difference.

That's right...free will, our choice, who made you, and those like you....the judge?
Let me get right on having my tats removed so I can make a bunch of squares happy. Not.

Old 06-10-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
But Jet Jockey didn't you mention that you have pretty magnificent hoo-ha's? Those will trump tatts for most men.
Yep, I do. I'm also super tall. Basically, I'm a huge weirdo

But the hoo-ha's combined with the tattoos apparently make me look easy, so I get a lot of guys who just want to hook up. When I turn them down (which I always do) I get called all kinds of names. It's super fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty