Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2017, 02:40 AM

76 posts, read 21,778 times

Advertisements

Mod cut.

Also on top of that I was wondering how to find clothing that fit and work for me? I'm super short like slightly above 5'1" and 110 lbs but I fit a 36D. But sad thing is I went to Victoria secrets and they told me I actually have a small ribcage and need a 32DDD which is really sucky because I'm too big for extra smalls or smalls but too short for medium standard sized clothing.

Also what are the best skinny jeans I can wear? I can never wear skinny jeans that fit all of me my hips butt and thighs. Usually if they're skinny fitting on my thighs I will end up with tearing in the crotch behind areas because its too small for my bum. If I wear a slim fit on my hips and butt it'll be pretty lose on my thighs. How can I get skinny jeans that fit all of me? It seems I'm a 3-5 sizing mostly 5 right now in my butt and hips region but my thighs can fit a 1 easily. How can I get a pair of jeans that has both sizes?

Moderator cut: Image deleted.

Advice?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-17-2017 at 09:16 AM.. Reason: Diet topic copied and re-posted in Diet forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2017, 04:45 AM

5,014 posts, read 6,602,631 times
Get re-measured at Nordstrom or Soma for a bra. They have much better fit training than a VS employee.

Buy curvy fit jeans/pants. they're designed for a bigger rump with a small waist. Old Navy has a wide choice of fits of jeans, so that's a good place to start.

Old 01-17-2017, 08:36 AM

76 posts, read 21,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezycom View Post
Get re-measured at Nordstrom or Soma for a bra. They have much better fit training than a VS employee.

Buy curvy fit jeans/pants. they're designed for a bigger rump with a small waist. Old Navy has a wide choice of fits of jeans, so that's a good place to start.
I've been to Nordstrom I've tried their Freya bras I'm usually a 32F there and I just never liked the style of bra. They're usually soft. I prefer hard wire. Yeah though they don't seem shy about finding the right size though. When I gain 10 lbs Victoria secrets sales associate try to encourage me to wear a 34 band size despite my rib cage being 30" or slightly above that. Reason they do that is because they go up a 32DDDD online. They don't have a G or FF cup so they try to put me up a band size or two in some cases. I like Nordstrom in that they have a lot of sizes available and especially in cup sizes I just normally don't go for that style. But I do have a few of their bras from when I was heavier.

Also my waist to hips are alright in jeans I guess it's just the thighs are a bit smaller than fit for my hips and butt.

Old 01-17-2017, 09:23 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe1994 View Post
I've been to Nordstrom I've tried their Freya bras I'm usually a 32F there and I just never liked the style of bra. They're usually soft. I prefer hard wire. Yeah though they don't seem shy about finding the right size though. When I gain 10 lbs Victoria secrets sales associate try to encourage me to wear a 34 band size despite my rib cage being 30" or slightly above that. Reason they do that is because they go up a 32DDDD online. They don't have a G or FF cup so they try to put me up a band size or two in some cases. I like Nordstrom in that they have a lot of sizes available and especially in cup sizes I just normally don't go for that style. But I do have a few of their bras from when I was heavier.

Also my waist to hips are alright in jeans I guess it's just the thighs are a bit smaller than fit for my hips and butt.
Try Cleo and Panache as well. I think some Nordstrom's carry Curvy Kate. Those are all brands that stock your size. Oh also Parfait by Affinitas - I think that is the right brand. Not at Nordstroms - they have great looking styles but stop at G, so I have never tried them.

Old 01-17-2017, 10:28 AM

102,219 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Re: sizing for clothes, you can were petites, but you'll have to go up a size to accommodate the bust, then have some tailoring done. It sounds like you'd need a larger size anyway, to accommodate your rear as well, not just the bust. There's no need to go to standard sizes; you can work with the range of sizes within petites.

For bras, you may have to start buying online. There are online outlets that have sizes not usually available in stores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty