U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-13-2012, 02:17 PM
 
Location: Wherever women are
19,022 posts, read 24,678,000 times
Reputation: 11309

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Not White but a little lighter then I am now.
Why don't you try some Fair and Lovely or sandal powder? Or perhaps visit the donkey pen for a young female donkey. I hear their milk has been believed to have whitening effects on the skin, especially in India. Alternately, you can also eat it with oatmeal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-13-2012, 02:36 PM
 
Location: Oxford, England
13,036 posts, read 21,516,228 times
Reputation: 19858
Neutrogena spray on is the best I have ever used. I have incredibly pale skin due to health issues and now burn really easily. I bought some Neutrogena factor 45 and 30 and used it whilst in New Mexico and Arizona where I fully expected to end up like a red lobster and not only I did not burn but I even got a nice mild tan which was great. Non sticky, invisible and really light , I really could not believe how good it was. For me anyway. I can't get here in the UK but like it so much I now order it from the US !

Amazon.com: Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock Body Mist, SPF 45, 5 Ounce: Beauty

And because it is not unpleasant to put on you don't mind re-applying as well. I assume they do a much higher factor as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2012, 02:39 PM
 
4,338 posts, read 6,385,429 times
Reputation: 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
Why don't you try some Fair and Lovely or sandal powder? Or perhaps visit the donkey pen for a young female donkey. I hear their milk has been believed to have whitening effects on the skin, especially in India. Alternately, you can also eat it with oatmeal.
I might try that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2012, 02:43 PM
 
4,338 posts, read 6,385,429 times
Reputation: 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Neutrogena spray on is the best I have ever used. I have incredibly pale skin due to health issues and now burn really easily. I bought some Neutrogena factor 45 and 30 and used it whilst in New Mexico and Arizona where I fully expected to end up like a red lobster and not only I did not burn but I even got a nice mild tan which was great. Non sticky, invisible and really light , I really could not believe how good it was. For me anyway. I can't get here in the UK but like it so much I now order it from the US !

Amazon.com: Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock Body Mist, SPF 45, 5 Ounce: Beauty

And because it is not unpleasant to put on you don't mind re-applying as well. I assume they do a much higher factor as well.

I am loving it. After you put it on. You can't tell if it is on so that is good. I use the 100+ SPF spray. Great smell and not strong either so that is what I like. Do you think the smell is feminine?

Why would you want a tan? Is it a sunscreen. If you get a tan then it is not working right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2012, 03:02 PM
 
Location: Oxford, England
13,036 posts, read 21,516,228 times
Reputation: 19858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
I am loving it. After you put it on. You can't tell if it is on so that is good. I use the 100+ SPF spray. Great smell and not strong either so that is what I like. Do you think the smell is feminine?

Why would you want a tan? Is it a sunscreen. If you get a tan then it is not working right?
Ideally I would like a tan ( not a strong one but when you are as pale as I am anything darker than cream is pretty darn interesting) but my foremost concern is not to burn. I have used Neutrogena now in some really hot and really sunny places ( including on the ocean where my skin would normally turn to shreds) and it protects me and still gives me a slightly darker colour after a few days which is a blessing. I managed 4 hours on the Ocean in Monterey last year on a super bright sunny day during a whale watch with no problem at all which was amazing. I also use Kiehl's lip balm which I think is fantastic.

I used to tan really easily but years of cancer treatment have messed up with my skin, so a light tan is always going to be a bonus in my eyes ! Being Pale and Interesting is not always what it's cracked up to be !

I am always very careful with my skin and I have also discovered foldable straw hats with no "crowns" which is simply the most brilliant invention if like me you travel quite a bit and try to save on space !

I don't think the smell is feminine at all, just a pleasant rather neutral odour IMO, almost like a shower product I suppose. Hubby uses it too and I haven't noticed him smelling like a concubine yet !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2012, 03:28 PM
 
Location: Wherever women are
19,022 posts, read 24,678,000 times
Reputation: 11309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
I might try that.
Fair & lovely, sandal powder or the donkey milk?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2012, 03:57 PM
 
4,338 posts, read 6,385,429 times
Reputation: 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
Fair & lovely, sandal powder or the donkey milk?
Fair and Lovely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top