U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 09:05 PM

8 posts, read 29,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITChick View Post
Good luck! I'm sure it will turn out great!

Thanks..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 04:10 PM

7,136 posts, read 10,669,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HG View Post
Since I was the one who started this thread, I thought its my duty to update it
Well, after a lot of thinking and research I finally got my hair permanently straightened from Hair Village in NY - Japanese straightening . I love my new hair !!!! It's not only straight , but it feels so so healthy and soft . Quite a transition from my earlier hair Its so sleek and shiny I could feature in a shampoo commercial .. LOL Including tips and all the price came to 210$ which I think is very reasonable because my hair is really very thick and it took much more time to get done compared to the others who had started the process alongside me.
All in all, I'm very pleased with the results and I hope it stays this way forever ..
Congratulations! I'd love to get my hair done, but I don't know of any local places that do it. I finally broke down and bought myself a Chi flat iron, after reading about it on CD, and OMG what a difference! It is worth every penny I paid for it. I don't know why it works better than my other flat iron, but it does.

Old 03-16-2008, 11:02 AM

177 posts, read 195,788 times
Hi SunnyDee just wondering if you got my email? I am hoping it went to you OK.

Old 03-16-2008, 12:24 PM

1,044 posts, read 3,349,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
Congratulations! I'd love to get my hair done, but I don't know of any local places that do it. I finally broke down and bought myself a Chi flat iron, after reading about it on CD, and OMG what a difference! It is worth every penny I paid for it. I don't know why it works better than my other flat iron, but it does.
Does your hair have to be totally dry to use the Chi flat iron? I have so little time in the morning that I didn't want to dry my hair and then flat iron it.

p.s. What is CD?

Old 03-16-2008, 12:54 PM

20,799 posts, read 8,532,428 times
My daughter tried that treatment before she got married (about 4 mos before) and her hair was coming out in clumps from all the chemicals. BEWARE!!!!!!!!! They keep it quiet and just reimburse people.
I blow dry then use a flat iron...You have to use a really good one that won't cause damage. I have been doing this for a long time and have no damage. I think it is the ions that you need. Anyway....the name of mine is Global Beauty ..Networking Inc. by CHI....

Old 03-16-2008, 08:03 PM

8,306 posts, read 3,196,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina713 View Post
My Co-worker just told me about Hair Village. I been researching and reading reviews since yesterday. I read in one of the reviews that it damages your hair. Is this true? Can it cause breakage to the hair and the roots?
I guess it depends on the type of your hair Like I said I got mine done almost 2-3 months back and I dont see any damage at all. Infact my hair looks and even feels much healthier than before. I dont even see any split ends I have heard though that chemically straightened hair tends to dry out and so I've been generously moisturising my hair with hair oil and conditioners so as to keep it healthy and strong.
Also like crazyworld says you might have to do your research on what kind of chemicals they use and whether it is suitable for your hair or not or you might just end up with fryed up / damaged hair..

Old 03-16-2008, 10:06 PM

8 posts, read 29,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HG View Post
I guess it depends on the type of your hair Like I said I got mine done almost 2-3 months back and I dont see any damage at all. Infact my hair looks and even feels much healthier than before. I dont even see any split ends I have heard though that chemically straightened hair tends to dry out and so I've been generously moisturising my hair with hair oil and conditioners so as to keep it healthy and strong.
Also like crazyworld says you might have to do your research on what kind of chemicals they use and whether it is suitable for your hair or not or you might just end up with fryed up / damaged hair..
Thanks for the advice..well my hair, is a little curly and it is very thick..i just dont want to deal with the washing and having it curly or wavy. I just want to be able to wash it and for it to be really straight..I've highlighted my hair and dyed it many times and it doesnt damage easily..I cut my hair often and it stay healthy/ I also condition my hair everytime I blow dry it. I just want it to be straight so i dont have to blow dry it every 3 to 4 days. I heard that it is really good i just dont want any surprises by the way where did you go /? did you go to hair village?

Old 03-17-2008, 07:11 AM

8,306 posts, read 3,196,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina713 View Post

Thanks for the advice..well my hair, is a little curly and it is very thick..i just dont want to deal with the washing and having it curly or wavy. I just want to be able to wash it and for it to be really straight..I've highlighted my hair and dyed it many times and it doesnt damage easily..I cut my hair often and it stay healthy/ I also condition my hair everytime I blow dry it. I just want it to be straight so i dont have to blow dry it every 3 to 4 days. I heard that it is really good i just dont want any surprises by the way where did you go /? did you go to hair village?
Your hair sounds just like mine , except that I never highlighted or colored my hair. I did go to Hair Village and I noticed that those who had their hair highlighted or dyed had to do a conditioning thing before they started with the whole straightening process. The lady there who I think is the owner will first look at your hair and then instruct the other women on the process, amount of chemicals to be used , how long to keep it on etc .
Also if you do decide on going make sure to get there as early as possible , preferably by 8.30/8.45 in the morning. You'll save a lot of time by doing that. If you want to know anything more, feel free to DM me and I'll be glad to help

Old 03-17-2008, 07:23 AM

20,799 posts, read 8,532,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITChick View Post
Does your hair have to be totally dry to use the Chi flat iron? I have so little time in the morning that I didn't want to dry my hair and then flat iron it.

p.s. What is CD?

CD=City-Data

I want to clarify my statement yesterday...I was not talking about Hair Village when I said my daughter's hair fell out. It was in the Boston area that she had her hair done.

Old 03-17-2008, 07:38 AM

2,015 posts, read 4,549,224 times
I hope that I'm not hijacking this thread and/or changing the course of direction or the topic, but I can relate to this topic greatly. I am a 45 year-old woman who has coarse, curly hair, have had it all my life. I'm at the point where it is dry, seems "lifeless", needs coloring (I've colored for the last few years only). I don't really use any styling products that would dry, etc.

Any recommendations on conditioning products, maintenance products for 40+ year-olds with ethnic type, curly dry hair?

Also, if I could find a stylist that actually knows how to cut, color, and manage curly hair, I'd be thrilled to death. I live in the NE OH area (Akron area).

Thank you for any and all help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty