U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 05:02 PM

14,940 posts, read 26,657,316 times

Advertisements

I've had a tummy tuck, a breast reduction and lift (the children were worth it ) and I won't hesitate to have face work done when it is needed. I do like the natural look though and can't stand the plastic look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2007, 05:20 PM

7,099 posts, read 23,906,180 times
One of my DILs started at the first lip wrinkle having them filled in. I think it was fat, maybe not, but it looked good. Now, years later, she's had the wrinkle filled so many times that the entire area from her upper lip to her nose looks like a piece of crepe paper while the rest of her face is wrinkled. Very strange looking! She's a very thin woman and a heavy smoker which I am sure, helped bring on the wrinkles.

Old 09-25-2007, 07:11 PM

6,262 posts, read 16,971,682 times
was it with collagen? I'm about to have a filler on some facial wrinkles using a product called Restylane. It's very safe and much less drastic than a face lift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
One of my DILs started at the first lip wrinkle having them filled in. I think it was fat, maybe not, but it looked good. Now, years later, she's had the wrinkle filled so many times that the entire area from her upper lip to her nose looks like a piece of crepe paper while the rest of her face is wrinkled. Very strange looking! She's a very thin woman and a heavy smoker which I am sure, helped bring on the wrinkles.

Old 09-25-2007, 07:27 PM

264 posts, read 738,582 times
I thought about doing something with the little "crows feet" around my eyes and the wrinkles below my bottom lip but my beautician gave me some good moisturizer and it's been helping quite a bit so maybe I can postpone it a few more years.

Old 09-25-2007, 08:57 PM

6,262 posts, read 16,971,682 times
yea, what's UP with the chin wrinkles? Mine seemed to happen over night. I do not like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesacat View Post
I thought about doing something with the little "crows feet" around my eyes and the wrinkles below my bottom lip but my beautician gave me some good moisturizer and it's been helping quite a bit so maybe I can postpone it a few more years.

Old 09-26-2007, 10:58 AM

264 posts, read 697,942 times
I wouldn't mind getting a tuck here and there to reduce the appearance of laugh lines. Also, if money were no object, I'd look into getting something done with those furrows in between my eyebrows. I'm not sure what though.

I got botox a few years ago, but didn't care for that "deadened" feeling and not being able to make an expression. On top of that, a while after discontinuing use, I found a strange squishy lump on my chest. It went away, but after that, I'd be very reluctant to have anything injected again.

Old 09-27-2007, 10:47 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,292 posts, read 14,580,695 times
I am petrified of a blood test so imagine actual surgery. I would love to get a tummy tuck but I am just too scared, even though I know tons of people who have had it done, in addition to breasts, lifts, etc., and are up and about fairly soon.

The other thing I MIGHT do, would be the eye lids. It's not a big deal if done by the right dr (ophthalmologist subspecialized in oculoplastic surgery). I work in the field and that wouldn't cost me a lot, yet I still haven't done it.

Botox doesn't last more than 4 - 6 mths. It's expensive and depending on the area(s), it can be very painful (upper lips).

Old 09-27-2007, 12:17 PM

5,117 posts, read 10,037,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Has anyone here ever had a bit of help with cosmetic surgery as you started to notice a few wrinkles and sags? If money were no problem would you have a face lift, brow lift or similiar "age defying" surgeries?

No, I would not have any type of surgery. The most I would possibly do, if money were no object, are injections. Other than that, a healthy diet, exercise and lots of rest will have to do

Old 09-27-2007, 01:24 PM

13,465 posts, read 21,212,300 times
I will just keep my wrinkles, thank you. I think most plastic surgeries look just like that..plastic..I have many laugh lines and a few frown lines and some in the forehead, (those come from deep thinking) Yeah sometimes I am embarrassed of looking old, because of the way younger people worship the perfect flawless body, I sometimes get repulsive looks..Then on the other hand, maybe by the time they are older they will also be mature in their thinking

Old 09-27-2007, 01:41 PM

8,668 posts, read 19,925,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
I will just keep my wrinkles, thank you. I think most plastic surgeries look just like that..plastic..I have many laugh lines and a few frown lines and some in the forehead, (those come from deep thinking) Yeah sometimes I am embarrassed of looking old, because of the way younger people worship the perfect flawless body, I sometimes get repulsive looks..Then on the other hand, maybe by the time they are older they will also be mature in their thinking
Well sure, we would all like to look 20 all our life but nothing wrong with being and looking older. It is what it is. We all get older. It's part of life. Hey, I even think laugh lines can actually be attractive! If you're getting "repulsive looks" it's probably not you at all, just that ol' denim purse you've been carrying for 20 years! LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty