U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-27-2007, 05:52 PM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,698,771 times
Reputation: 2086

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by treeg26 View Post
So, how was the pain with the boob job? Under or over the muscle? I just want to know what to expect if I deside to go through with it. And how expensive are they? Sounds like you're both glad you did it!
go to implantinfo.com

tons and tons of info and dr referrals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-27-2007, 07:57 PM
 
Location: in a house
5,835 posts, read 3,887,274 times
Reputation: 4890
Quote:
Originally Posted by treeg26 View Post
The lines around my eyes don't bother me. My boobs do, though. If I get the "smokers lines" around my mouth I'd probably have those done.
I looked into getting the red marks (like big red freckles that get darker in the sun) from sun damage on my chest removed. It's expensive and they say to do it in the winter because your skin will look like coffee grinds for a while.
You can just get those red marks zapped with lazer treatments with no down time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2007, 09:12 PM
 
Location: Texas
119 posts, read 411,888 times
Reputation: 73
Well....I'm a big supporter of cosmetic surgery. I had my breast fixed in January and amazingly, the pain wasn't that bad. Obviously I couldn't lift anything or it would pull through my chest, but it was nothing like what I had been warned about. I had a reduction and lift, not implants so maybe that made a difference. My next surgery will be a tummy tuck. Not sure when though....gotta save up the money for that and I'm not taking a loan out to get it done.

Botox and collagen injections? NO....everyone I have ever seen that gets that done, looks ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2007, 06:14 AM
 
Location: Chicago 'burbs'
1,022 posts, read 2,979,458 times
Reputation: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by puffle View Post
You can just get those red marks zapped with lazer treatments with no down time.
Yes, that was what I was going to get done. Expensive, though! I'd like to get my boobs done more, I think.

Thanks for all the info on the boob jobs, ladies! Not one horror "Don't do it!" story! I want to get it done even more, now! I've nursed 2 kids, so I think I have pleanty of tissue!! That's part of why I want to get them! Fill those babies back up!!!! They're like partially deflated balloons! From a B to a D+ to a B. They don't look sexy at all anymore. My youngest is 8. If I stay heavier they don't look as bad, but who wants to stay heavier?!

Any preferences on where they should do the incision? Saline or silicone? I'm definately going to set up a counsiltation! Thanks again, guys!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2007, 06:49 AM
 
Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 4,661,205 times
Reputation: 2247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Mine look absolutly real, no one has been able to tell yet. Point is dont need to do the Pam Anderson thing, go for a natural size, they will look fine. Some with too much tissue shouldnt get them under the muscle, you get the snoopy boob, not attractive. Under the muscle should be for those with verylittle tissue,me I had four kids and plenty.
You are correct. I apologize,m eant no offense.

I did not have much tissue and maybe that was the point my Dr. was trying to make (Pam Anderson).
I too, will be having mine done again as its rounding the 10 year mark. As I look back, that might be my only regrets... having to have to have them redone. They said they have a 10 year shelf life, which probably will go much longer.. but noone wants to walk around lopsided.
As for suggestions, everyone is different. A good surgeon will explain all the options with you. Saline-Silicone, incision location, size ect.
Another thing, I went to a large C, wish I would of went with a full D. Just because with a large C, a C cup bra is just abit tight and a Dcup bra is just a bit big.
I have saline .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2007, 06:57 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,698,771 times
Reputation: 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by theqbaby View Post
You are correct. I apologize,m eant no offense.

I did not have much tissue and maybe that was the point my Dr. was trying to make (Pam Anderson).
I too, will be having mine done again as its rounding the 10 year mark. As I look back, that might be my only regrets... having to have to have them redone. They said they have a 10 year shelf life, which probably will go much longer.. but noone wants to walk around lopsided.
As for suggestions, everyone is different. A good surgeon will explain all the options with you. Saline-Silicone, incision location, size ect.
Another thing, I went to a large C, wish I would of went with a full D. Just because with a large C, a C cup bra is just abit tight and a Dcup bra is just a bit big.
I have saline .


None taken. yes the redo is a pain. But hey, gotta love them!! Good surgeon is the key, I would be wary of a surgeon that would let anyone go do what Pam Anderson did if you dont have the body type. I have seen some tiny woman with boobs that look like will make her fall over, not attractive!!! I am glad I didnt go any bigger, I was a saggy B to a D but they settled at a DD which for me works. Although I think they are 3 pounds apiece, so I subtract 6 pounds from my weight when I get on the scale!!LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2007, 07:04 AM
 
Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 4,661,205 times
Reputation: 2247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Although I think they are 3 pounds apiece, so I subtract 6 pounds from my weight when I get on the scale!!LOL
Isn't that a great thing..... to be able to subtract an amount fronm the scale because we "know" what they weigh. LOL
I love them, and needless to say, hubby does too.
I hate bras, I only wear one if out in public, and that depends.
I moved to a very rural area in Georgia, and one thing I noticed is that EVERYONE wears a bra ALL THE TIME. I could not do it and wonder why they do. Even when we go out on ATV to the river.
I guess I must be know as the braless one, I don't care. I would like to see a man wear a cup all day long. You can call me B&B ( Barefoot and Braless)
I am not worried about the redo, just wish I didn't have to, you know, don't fix what isn't broke.
I had utters (literally) looked like you could milk a cow ! LOL
Next time I will go bigger, hell if its the last time, why not go DD.
I/WE will have the perkiest in the nursing home ! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2007, 07:57 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,698,771 times
Reputation: 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by theqbaby View Post
Isn't that a great thing..... to be able to subtract an amount fronm the scale because we "know" what they weigh. LOL
I love them, and needless to say, hubby does too.
I hate bras, I only wear one if out in public, and that depends.
I moved to a very rural area in Georgia, and one thing I noticed is that EVERYONE wears a bra ALL THE TIME. I could not do it and wonder why they do. Even when we go out on ATV to the river.
I guess I must be know as the braless one, I don't care. I would like to see a man wear a cup all day long. You can call me B&B ( Barefoot and Braless)
I am not worried about the redo, just wish I didn't have to, you know, don't fix what isn't broke.
I had utters (literally) looked like you could milk a cow ! LOL
Next time I will go bigger, hell if its the last time, why not go DD.
I/WE will have the perkiest in the nursing home ! LOL


Yep ole ladies with stellar boobs!!!!!I HATE bras as well, I find since my implants it is harder to wear one, probably the underwire. I love how I can put on a tank top and they stay put!! I am going with silicone next time, feels even more real!!! Yea I know the utters thing, I had for kids, had to roll them into my bra!!!! hell I was only 29!!! Too young for that!!!!!!! next the TT cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2007, 08:01 AM
 
Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 4,661,205 times
Reputation: 2247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Yep ole ladies with stellar boobs!!!!!I HATE bras as well, I find since my implants it is harder to wear one, probably the underwire. I love how I can put on a tank top and they stay put!! I am going with silicone next time, feels even more real!!! Yea I know the utters thing, I had for kids, had to roll them into my bra!!!! hell I was only 29!!! Too young for that!!!!!!! next the TT cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!
Let me know when you have it done and how it goes.
I don't think I am at the point of a tummy tuck yet. I have a little belly, but it doesn't hang and is not wrinkly, so I just may leave well enough alone.
Gravity has taken a small toll on my rump, that where my next thoughts are. But again, it aint bad, still got some plump to it !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2007, 12:25 PM
 
8,240 posts, read 14,902,624 times
Reputation: 3651
Currently in recovery for gyno surgery here at home....and hating the effects of the general anesthesia. I'd never had gen anesthesia before, and now that I have, there is NO way I would ever have elective surgery.
Number 1 complaint was the stress that something would happen...ie, that I wouldn't wake up, or wake up incapacitated (yes, it happens)....thinking of my kids living with that totally stressed me out the night before. I would hate for my kids to live with something happening to me because of plastic surgery.
Number 2 complaint is the pain and rotten feeling that comes from surgery. I HAD to have this thing done, no way would I get something just because it will make me look good! If I were disfigured in some way, maybe...but I'm 5'4, 135, 32C, a bit of a loose tummy (3 kids!) but I can wear a 2 piece and look ok, I'm grateful....and satisfied!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top