U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2012, 12:11 PM

5,517 posts, read 8,766,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
So you could've had a 5'10 blonde but passed on her, you're attractive, educated and whatever else. All of the women you dated/married are not the 5'10 blonde you COULD'VE had. Sure. Great. You likes the very short women, never said some men didn't.
Actually you did, thats exactly what we are going round and round over. You said in not so few words, that every man likes the 5'10 model type, and those who arent are just guys on the internet lying.

Quote:
As I said before every man on the internet wants to claim they're 'different.' Okay, fine with me. Not saying you're lying at all, just saying you're all the "exception" to the rule according to yourselves. Yet IRL, the rest of your gender likes and pines after the leggy model types. I seen this IRL over and over and over again. So as far as I am concerned -- they likes the same types of women. I see them saying they don't on the internet and that's basically it. But that's not how I see them reacting when push comes to shove IRL. But okay. So be it.
And I wont deny that men in general or the majority of, dont go for the model type. I would have no evidence to back that up. Nor could I attempt to comment on your personal observations.

However, I would ask you this, how many men on the internet have you known, that said that they arent attracted to the stereotypical model type, that youve also been able to observe in person?

I suspect you could be comparing different segments of men.

Quote:

BtW: we didn't choose to be over whatever your 'maximum height requirement' is. You don't have to like taller women, just saying.
I agree, its completely on myself that I have those preferences. Its my own hang up. I almost certainly discounted women with good personalities because of their height/build, and I admit that, and thats something I have to live with.

I guess, in some ways, Im not really any different than the guy who is attracted the "super model type". Except, the women Im attracted to generally are the types that complain about men only being attracted to the super model type, and are constantly wishing they were taller and trying to go on diets to be like what they see on TV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 12:18 PM

24,757 posts, read 32,907,406 times
Quote:
Okay, there is no 'rule' I made it all up. Men don't like those kinds of women. They are all over the TV and everywhere else and called 'dream women,' 'fantasy women' etc. by their own doing.
Men like them, but they like other types of women too.

I mean, there are millions of women on Earth who don't look like that, but yet they date, marry, have children, have sex......how does this happen?

Old 06-20-2012, 12:20 PM

7,736 posts, read 13,969,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post

I mean, there are millions of women on Earth who don't look like that, but yet they date, marry, have children, have sex......how does this happen?
Because the tall, model types wouldn't give them the time of day.

Kiddin'!!!!!!!

Old 06-20-2012, 12:21 PM

5,517 posts, read 8,766,944 times
Quote:
Okay, there is no 'rule' I made it all up. Men don't like those kinds of women. They are all over the TV and everywhere else and called 'dream women,' 'fantasy women' etc. by their own doing.

I dont think that is 100% the doing of men either though. Model shows are overwhelmingly watched by women, style mags bought by women, gossip mags bought by women, womens fashions, make up and fragrance made or signed off on by women......

What is all of that based on? I dont know the exact combination. But I seriously doubt it the general male populace fueling all of that.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:23 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,444,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
Guess at some point your opinion mattered? Please, go back to identifying as someones possession.
Exactly the type of thing a thoughtful, educated, well-spoken man would say, right? What a shame a gem like you is off the market

Old 06-20-2012, 12:25 PM

8,738 posts, read 9,585,314 times
Quote:

Because as I said before most men cannot get those women. But that doesn't stop them from pining over them or giving up the 'hope' they could get those types of women. Which is exactly what keeps them going on about model types. That's why IMO they are considered 'fantasy women' by men b/c they would prefer those types of women over the others but simply do not have access to them. Agree? Men counter saying they don't like model types by saying they like "athletic types, etc. etc." which IMO is just a nicer way to say they want the women with the model types of bodies.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Because as I said before most men cannot get those women. But that doesn't stop them from pining over them or giving up the 'hope' they could get those types of women.
I've got way too much to do in my life to pine over anyone.

Quote:
Which is exactly what keeps them going on about model types. That's why IMO they are considered 'fantasy women' by men b/c they would prefer those types of women over the others but simply do not have access to them. Agree? They counter saying they don't like model types by saying they like "athletic types, etc. etc." which IMO is just a nicer way to say they want the women with the model types of bodies.
I don't see anyone "going on" about anybody. And I'm way too mature and busy to fantasize. And I do prefer athletic, strong, thick, fit, powerful women. If you can't comprehend that, I really do not care.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Because the tall, model types wouldn't give them the time of day.
I got my own watch, thank you. I used my time to go after the tall, rower and power forward types.

Quote:
Kiddin'!!!!!!!
Yeah, sure you are, you tall, model type.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:30 PM

8,738 posts, read 9,585,314 times
Quote:
I've got way too much to do in my life to pine over anyone.

I don't see anyone "going on" about anybody. And I'm way too mature and busy to fantasize. And I do prefer athletic, strong, thick, fit, powerful women. If you can't comprehend that, I really do not care.

I see men (and some women) 'going on' about Adriana Lima, Kate Upton, Giselle, etc. on a weekly basis -- you don't? In fact, there's an article on the Y! home page about "Kate upton is still hot." LOL. But okay, I must live in an alternate universe then.....

And I also do not care either if you don't agree with my views on the matter.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
I see men (and some women) 'going on' about Adriana Lima, Kate Upton, Giselle, etc. on a weekly basis -- you don't? In fact, there's an article on the Y! home page about "Kate upton is still hot." LOL. But okay, I must live in an alternate universe then.....
That's probably the same 5% of guys who don't have anything better to do with themselves.

Quote:
And I also do not care if you don't agree with my views on the matter.
Marvelous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty