U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2012, 11:22 AM

7,736 posts, read 13,967,370 times

Advertisements

I go out a lot and see men with or hitting on a wide variety of women. I think what men are attracted to are women who are height-weight proportionate and look like they care what they look like (not to be confused with overly made up.) In my experience, men like women who put at least a little effort into their appearance.

My closest friend is 5'1" at best. Neither one of use were super skinny or model like, but we both had no problems meeting guys when we were single and out on the scene.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 11:23 AM

1,807 posts, read 2,791,090 times
i dont like tall broads. tall = huge fingers and ankles and feet. manly features = NO

Old 06-21-2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
i dont like tall broads. tall = huge fingers and ankles and feet. manly features = NO
Yeah, it's unfortunate about the feet, but a big building needs a big foundation. my ankles are scrawny though.

I have one friend who's 5'3" with size 9s. The poor girl!!

Thankfully, for every guy who dislikes tall broads, there's a few who dig them.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:14 PM

24,757 posts, read 32,902,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Yeah, it's unfortunate about the feet, but a big building needs a big foundation. my ankles are scrawny though.

I have one friend who's 5'3" with size 9s. The poor girl!!

Thankfully, for every guy who dislikes tall broads, there's a few who dig them.
True. My wife is just a bit shorter than you, but bigger. Big foundation, big building in general. Great for breeding NFL-sized kids.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:30 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,443,013 times
Quote:
Man hands come in all heights.

Seinfeld - Man Hands - YouTube

But seriously, naw man. I'm 6'0 but have normal sized hands and actually have had men compliment me on my long, slender fingers and I wear what is a relatively dainty 8.5 shoe. But really, who notices foot size outside of aristocratic Chinese people of the 18th century? As long as it's not hairy, it doesn't seem manly to me.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:11 PM

25,907 posts, read 34,981,619 times
Quote:
That's cool. Puny dudes don't do it for me either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
I'm 6'0 but have normal sized hands and actually have had men compliment me on my long, slender fingers and I wear what is a relatively dainty 8.5 shoe.
I believe the most common shoe size for women in the U.S. is a 9. Given that the average height is around 5'4", yeah, my feet are relatively small (9.5). My mom wears the same size as you but she is only 5'7".

Old 06-21-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Man hands come in all heights.

Seinfeld - Man Hands - YouTube

But seriously, naw man. I'm 6'0 but have normal sized hands and actually have had men compliment me on my long, slender fingers and I wear what is a relatively dainty 8.5 shoe. But really, who notices foot size outside of aristocratic Chinese people of the 18th century? As long as it's not hairy, it doesn't seem manly to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post

I believe the most common shoe size for women in the U.S. is a 9. Given that the average height is around 5'4", yeah, my feet are relatively small (9.5). My mom wears the same size as you but she is only 5'7".
WTF?!? not fair! You guys are making me jealous wih your small feet!!!

Old 06-21-2012, 01:44 PM

26,875 posts, read 28,154,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post

I would have thought the average shoe size was a little smaller. Oddly people tell me I have "small" feet all the time. I don't really think they are that small. I wear 7-7.5. I do have a huge big toe though. It is about 3/4 of an inch bigger than the next toe. 2-2.5 times bigger than my little toe. (I am 5'4.5 so perfectly average height.)

Old 06-21-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
True. My wife is just a bit shorter than you, but bigger. Big foundation, big building in general. Great for breeding NFL-sized kids.
LOL. When I'm at sporting functions with the kids, men will ask me how tall my husband is. You should hear the cries of disappointment when they learn my kids weren't given better odds in the genetic pool when it comes to height.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:00 PM

24,757 posts, read 32,902,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
LOL. When I'm at sporting functions with the kids, men will ask me how tall my husband is. You should hear the cries of disappointment when they learn my kids weren't given better odds in the genetic pool when it comes to height.
Aside from my 5-4 grandfather, I'm the shortest man in my family at 6-0. The boys got their height from their mom (5-11.5) as well as my grandmother (6-0) and her brothers (6-5, 6-6) and my dad's brothers (one was 6-7).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty