U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 05:30 PM

14,752 posts, read 27,518,778 times

Advertisements

I don't like the runner's or athlete's body...the kind you see running marathons who have no curves.

I live an average size with some curves, and detectable boobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2012, 01:08 PM

223 posts, read 229,809 times
I am a straight woman who is one hundred percent hetero, even though I can appreciate a beautiful woman and like seeing beautiful women's pictures. I think my ideal body type in a woman would be one that implied to me she found a balance between fitness and indulgence. I don't like obsession with either exercise/health or eating/laziness. I went with obsession over exercising and avoiding certain foods in my twenties, and it was a dark and ugly path. I'm glad I'm now older and wiser about such things.

Same goes with attraction to men. Some people's genetics dictate they'll be a bit overweight, some they'll always be "naturally thin", but you can tell if you spend enough time around someone whether they're physically fit despite weight. My husband has a bit of a pot gut, but he still has definition in his face, neck, arms and legs, has strong muscles and can out-walk just about anyone. His resting heart rate is in the 60's. I'd be equally attracted to him if he lost 20 pounds. If he sat around all his free time eating, falling asleep on the sofa, gained a bunch of weight I would not be attracted to him. If he decided to be a marathon runner and wound up overly tan and withered looking, did nothing but run on his free time, I would not be attracted to him.

Old 06-16-2012, 01:13 PM

72,665 posts, read 64,140,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
For me, its "athletic". That doesn't mean model skinny, just a woman who stays in shape. So if we're talking sizes, I'm not looking for a size 0-2. I think a 4-6 is ideal.
4-6? For pygmies, maybe. Most women are too tall to fit in those sizes. Polls on the Relationships forum have shown the men prefer "curvy" to "athletic". Surprisingly, most guys responding said they prefer some extra padding on women's bodies. In my own experience, I used to think an 8-10 is my ideal size. After gaining a little weight and going up to a 12, which I thought was "fat", I noticed I was getting a lot more attention from guys. Then I noticed the extra weight had gone to the right places; I had acquired curves, not overall fat. So now I think that little bit of extra is just right for me.

Old 06-17-2012, 01:40 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,424,165 times
What on earth does this have to do with psychology?

Old 06-17-2012, 10:24 PM

2,482 posts, read 2,608,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forum_browser View Post
What on earth does this have to do with psychology?
A lot but it doesn't matter now since it has been moved.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:32 AM

3,616 posts, read 3,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
4-6? For pygmies, maybe. Most women are too tall to fit in those sizes. Polls on the Relationships forum have shown the men prefer "curvy" to "athletic". Surprisingly, most guys responding said they prefer some extra padding on women's bodies. In my own experience, I used to think an 8-10 is my ideal size. After gaining a little weight and going up to a 12, which I thought was "fat", I noticed I was getting a lot more attention from guys. Then I noticed the extra weight had gone to the right places; I had acquired curves, not overall fat. So now I think that little bit of extra is just right for me.
OK Ruth. Again, I don't know size well, but my ex-girlfriends have been 4-8 (and I thought 8 was too big) in range. But none have been taller than 5'5". You must be very tall.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:41 AM

1,491 posts, read 1,788,200 times
I like a variety of women but I prefer women who are short and have big breasts.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:44 AM

822 posts, read 963,491 times
Keira Knightley is my ideal. Hands down.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:46 AM

15,732 posts, read 17,286,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
OK Ruth. Again, I don't know size well, but my ex-girlfriends have been 4-8 (and I thought 8 was too big) in range. But none have been taller than 5'5". You must be very tall.
It really depends on the build. I can't stand when someone goes by pants size, which is so arbitrary for women. It varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. Right now I've got 3 different sizes in my closet and they all fit the same which makes shopping a chore sometimes.

I am 5' 3 1/2" and when I was 123lbs I wore a size 8. I was not fat...I had muscle and ab definition. I was curvy though, so there was no way my ass was going to fit into a size 4 or 6. My friend, who was built straight as an arrow, could fit a size 6 and she was about an inch taller and roughly 130lbs. She was skinny fat.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:57 AM

822 posts, read 963,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
It really depends on the build. I can't stand when someone goes by pants size, which is so arbitrary for women. It varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. Right now I've got 3 different sizes in my closet and they all fit the same which makes shopping a chore sometimes.

I am 5' 3 1/2" and when I was 123lbs I wore a size 8. I was not fat...I had muscle and ab definition. I was curvy though, so there was no way my ass was going to fit into a size 4 or 6. My friend, who was built straight as an arrow, could fit a size 6 and she was about an inch taller and roughly 130lbs. She was skinny fat.
Aren't women's clothing sizes the biggest scam in the world? It's just an entirely arbitrary numbering system with no real relevance to anything. It's funny because I just buy jeans without even trying them on and they fit; an ex-girlfriend of mine thought this was crazy. Makes sense now because half the stuff "in her size" didn't fit at all.

Why don't they just use actual measurements like men's clothing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty