U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 09:20 PM

3,097 posts, read 4,013,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Damn. And our budding romance had so much potential

My body is pretty much the same as Candice but even taller and slightly bigger boobs.
then you should have NO issues finding many guys interested in you (I would think) as a lot of men actually prefer that look to the thicker look. Like I said, I wouldn't turn down Candice or Adriana Lima, but I do like a bigger more rotund booty on my ladies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 01:50 AM

19,126 posts, read 25,798,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
These photos have photoshop written all over them.

Let's see the cellulite and strechmarks
It's funny, isn't it... most 'ideals' aren't real at all and aren't even attainable by anything but trick photography and computer software. Makes it kinda hard for actual women to keep up, eh?

Old 07-13-2012, 12:30 AM

124 posts, read 178,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
I dont really care what other men find attractive. You made a blanket statement, and I am just one example of a guy who doesnt fit your stereotypical assumption.

I cant sit through a minute of any of those model shows because I find them so hideously repulsive.

However, if they looked more like this

http://www.stud-center.com/wallpaper/danielle-fishel/51211.html

I might
that's true. there's lots of men who like super curvy types like Christina Hendricks:

Her body puts supermodels to shame IMO, makes me proud to be a plus sized mama, and I never have had a problem getting attention from men...NEVER. I'm built like the first picture on the left, but my waist is a little smaller.

People are entitled to what they like. Some men like bones, some men like cushion. I attract men who like cushion...

Last edited by Administrator; 01-08-2014 at 02:20 PM.. Reason: copyrighted pics deleted

Old 07-13-2012, 12:48 AM

Question Marilyn Monroe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
People have skewed ideas of what size these women are/were....

Marilyn Monroe's weight fluctuated, but for the most part, she was around 5'6 and was be a modern US size 2-6. She looks a size 2-4 in these photos:
First of all Marilyn Monroe is beautiful. Period. Regardless of size. However, men also loved her when she was wayyy bigger than 2-6. Check out her plus size pics from her movie "Some like it Hot":

LOL!!! No bones here!

I don't see TONY CURTIS turning up his nose at Marilyn:

Wait a minute, now look at them together on break
:uh-huh, now who said we have to be skinny to attract men?
R.I.P. Marilyn

Last edited by Administrator; 01-08-2014 at 02:21 PM.. Reason: copyrighted pics deleted

Old 07-13-2012, 01:35 AM

19,126 posts, read 25,798,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fire&ice View Post
that's true there's lots of men who like REAL women like Christina Hendricks:

Her body puts supermodels to shame IMO, makes me proud to be a plus sized mama, and I never have had a problem getting attention from men...NEVER. I'm built more like the first picture on the left.

but people are entitled to what they like. some men like bones, some men like cushion. I attract men who like cushion...
I have a VERY similar body to Christina Hendricks, except I'm 6'1

I get called fat a lot, but I'm surrounded by stick thin women and that's definitely preferred where I live. Gotta love coastal California

Old 07-13-2012, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I have a VERY similar body to Christina Hendricks, except I'm 6'1

I get called fat a lot, but I'm surrounded by stick thin women and that's definitely preferred where I live. Gotta love coastal California
they're just jealous cause you're built like Jessica Rabbit and they gotta pay money to look like you.

rock on moma

Old 07-13-2012, 11:55 PM

3,469 posts, read 6,937,928 times
Quote:
First of all Marilyn Monroe is beautiful. Period. Regardless of size. However, men also loved her when she was wayyy bigger than 2-6. Check out her plus size pics from her movie "Some like it Hot":

LOL!!! No bones here!

I don't see TONY CURTIS turning up his nose at Marilyn:

Wait a minute, now look at them together on break
: uh-huh, now who said we have to be skinny to attract men?
R.I.P. Marilyn
She doesn't look "plus-sized" to me (and I'm pretty sure Tony Curtis was NOT into her... or any woman). She looks around a modern US size 10 in photos at her largest, definitely not a 14+... and that white swimsuit pic is a distorted angle; from other angles her hips/thighs look much narrower.

I'm not a Marilyn Monroe fan though....it's not like she's the definitive standard for beauty. There are many other beautiful women past & present who have totally different bodies from her. I'm just pointing out the skewed view people have of her size compared to modern celebs. They think famous women back then were sooo much bigger, when for the most part, they were thin also (but average people are much fatter now). For example. Grace Kelly was positively skinny and considered stunning by men & women alike.

No one said you have to be skinny to attract men either; but apparently you feel the need to insult thin women by referring to them as "bony" and whatnot. I can't see what your motive is there....that just seems catty & mean.

Last edited by Administrator; 01-08-2014 at 02:22 PM.. Reason: copyrighted pics deleted

Old 07-14-2012, 09:21 AM

2,482 posts, read 2,610,115 times
A size 4 or 6 twenty years ago is probably a size 8 or 10 today

Old 07-14-2012, 04:30 PM

Default Yes marilyn and tony did have an affair!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
She doesn't look "plus-sized" to me (and I'm pretty sure Tony Curtis was NOT into her... or any woman). She looks around a modern US size 10 in photos at her largest, definitely not a 14+... and that white swimsuit pic is a distorted angle; from other angles her hips/thighs look much narrower.

I'm not a Marilyn Monroe fan though....it's not like she's the definitive standard for beauty. There are many other beautiful women past & present who have totally different bodies from her. I'm just pointing out the skewed view people have of her size compared to modern celebs. They think famous women back then were sooo much bigger, when for the most part, they were thin also (but average people are much fatter now). For example. Grace Kelly was positively skinny and considered stunning by men & women alike.

No one said you have to be skinny to attract men either; but apparently you feel the need to insult thin women by referring to them as "bony" and whatnot. I can't see what your motive is there....that just seems catty & mean.
I agree that Marilyn most likely was a size 8/10. Usually 10 is considered plus sized. I never said she was larger than a 14. I never said what size she was, because I'm not sure what her size is. I just know she wasn't a 2-6 by looking at her. The point I was making is that no matter how chubby Marilyn got, it didn't make her any less beautiful. Regardless of what size she was, she was hot enough to bag Tony Curtis. Which is proof that you don't have to be skinny in order to get a hot guy. That's all I was saying. As a matter of fact the last wife he had was described as having a "GENEROUS FIGURE".

Tony Curtis was interviewed by a newspaper and he talked about Marilyn. His words are posted online here:
Tony Curtis on Marilyn Monroe: It was like kissing Hitler! | Mail Online

He made a joke about kissing Marilyn saying it was like kissing Hitler, cause he was being sarcastic. He talked about the affair, including details about the sex they had. He also talked about the rumours that he was a homosexual, which he was NOT. He talked about the relationship he had with his mom and how it influenced his relationships with women.

I'm neither catty nor mean. I wasn't insulting thin women. I don't have anything against thin women. I don't have any underlying motive. I said what I meant. I wanted to praise and encourage plus sized women. And I'm not sorry for that.

This is an open forum. I'm allowed to say whatever I want to say as long as I don't break the rules.

Old 07-14-2012, 06:38 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,646,843 times
Quote:
I agree that Marilyn most likely was a size 8/10. Usually 10 is considered plus sized. I never said she was larger than a 14. I never said what size she was, because I'm not sure what her size is. I just know she wasn't a 2-6 by looking at her. The point I was making is that no matter how chubby Marilyn got, it didn't make her any less beautiful. Regardless of what size she was, she was hot enough to bag Tony Curtis. Which is proof that you don't have to be skinny in order to get a hot guy. That's all I was saying. As a matter of fact the last wife he had was described as having a "GENEROUS FIGURE".

Tony Curtis was interviewed by a newspaper and he talked about Marilyn. His words are posted online here:
Tony Curtis on Marilyn Monroe: It was like kissing Hitler! | Mail Online

He made a joke about kissing Marilyn saying it was like kissing Hitler, cause he was being sarcastic. He talked about the affair, including details about the sex they had. He also talked about the rumours that he was a homosexual, which he was NOT. He talked about the relationship he had with his mom and how it influenced his relationships with women.

I'm neither catty nor mean. I wasn't insulting thin women. I don't have anything against thin women. I don't have any underlying motive. I said what I meant. I wanted to praise and encourage plus sized women. And I'm not sorry for that.

This is an open forum. I'm allowed to say whatever I want to say as long as I don't break the rules.
Your status stands out. This woman is NOT tall. She is not bone skinny. She is not blond with blue eyes. Yet...........SHE is the feature in this classic that ALL women like to take credit for. Imagine that......hmmmmmm

Jimi Hendrix - Foxy Lady - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty