U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 12:15 AM

1,202 posts, read 1,525,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire&ice View Post
okay okay

i'm not about to split hairs over Marilyn's size, when i already said i don't know what size she was.

THE POINT IS SHE WASN'T SKINNY AND SHE WAS BEAUTIFUL AND MILLIONS OF MEN WANTED HER NO MATTER HOW CHUBBY SHE GOT.

that's all i'm saying. is there something wrong with me praising this woman? is it against the law? it's like a protest against heavier women. no matter what i say to try to build up the plus sized girls, it's got to be discredited or shot down some how?

just today i found out how Kate Upton was called fat. society is really sick if now Kate Upton is considered fat. she's another beautiful woman. look:

I'm not trying to shoot anything down. MM was not anything special to me, but I get your point. I only wanted to point out that for the most part she wasn't plus size, not until she got chubby at least.

There is not really anything wrong with heavier women. To each their own. There will always be men that dig heavy women, in the same there are men that dig thin women, and men that dig the woman that lie in between.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2012, 10:35 AM

1,171 posts, read 1,647,785 times
Quote:
yes, this has been my experience too. i got some attention when i was skinny, but it's rediculous now that i've gained weight. and yes i admit it may have something to do with the fact that i went from 38B to 36D.
yup, i'm like this now. i even wear an outfit similar to hers, but my cleavage is covered tho. i believe in leaving SOME THINGS to the imagination
That pic and woman is smokin' hot!

Quote:
okay okay

i'm not about to split hairs over Marilyn's size, when i already said i don't know what size she was.

THE POINT IS SHE WASN'T SKINNY AND SHE WAS BEAUTIFUL AND MILLIONS OF MEN WANTED HER NO MATTER HOW CHUBBY SHE GOT.

that's all i'm saying. is there something wrong with me praising this woman? is it against the law? it's like a protest against heavier women. no matter what i say to try to build up the plus sized girls, it's got to be discredited or shot down some how?

just today i found out how Kate Upton was called fat. society is really sick if now Kate Upton is considered fat. she's another beautiful woman. look:
If she is fat, I would hate to see what skinny is.

Old 07-15-2012, 01:08 PM

3,225 posts, read 6,130,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
Do you think men came up with many of these "womens fashions"? And who is writing that "how to satisfy your man in 4 minutes"?

Yeah, I understand that a good deal of what many women do is "mancentric", but Im wondering how much of it is actually fueled by men, or just an industry that capitalizes on womens insecurities and brainwashes both men and women in to thinking a certain image is ideal, just the same way theyd sell them on toothpaste.

Seriously, just over 100 years ago, plump and stocky women were considered the most attractive body type. Did men some how evolve in to a different species between then and now, or did the media decide that image was "out", just as they decided the hippy, curvy Marilyn Monroe look was "out" about 40 years ago?
It was considered attractive during a time when "plump and stocky" equated with wealth, with being well-fed and healthy. Now it's correlated with laziness and apathy about one's health.

I'm built tall, naturally thin, one of those "model types" as you all say here and although I get plenty of attention (even in my mid 30s), there have also been a whole lot of men who have found me unattractive, my body type unappealing (say I'm "too tall" and I'm only about 5'8, and usually gripe I'm too thin though I have some boobs and butt).

The only thing I've found universal regarding men is they all seem to like really really young women (18-22).

Old 07-15-2012, 08:56 PM

7,508 posts, read 3,598,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Yes. People keep posting pics of women jutting out their hips with photography,people with corsets on,and photoshop.
Doesn't make sense. Women are either pushed to being really thin or pushed to have curves.

Where is the happy medium?
Not every woman can be thin,neither can every woman have curves.
I didn't start seeing this push for women to be curvy until recently.
Before that and in the 80's,it was thin(looking at videos from that period)
Yep. Probably a few years from now people are push women to be curvy instead of thin.

Old 04-02-2014, 03:15 PM

2,482 posts, read 2,613,019 times
My god, I can't believe how many replies this thread got. I started this thread in my early days as a cd member and then never checked back. This is insane, I have a lot of catching up to do.

Old 04-02-2014, 06:10 PM

262 posts, read 400,819 times
Calling body types "ideal" is the reason why people have eating disorders, and other such problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty