U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 07:35 AM

1,253 posts, read 1,780,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
4-6? For pygmies, maybe. Most women are too tall to fit in those sizes. Polls on the Relationships forum have shown the men prefer "curvy" to "athletic". Surprisingly, most guys responding said they prefer some extra padding on women's bodies. In my own experience, I used to think an 8-10 is my ideal size. After gaining a little weight and going up to a 12, which I thought was "fat", I noticed I was getting a lot more attention from guys. Then I noticed the extra weight had gone to the right places; I had acquired curves, not overall fat. So now I think that little bit of extra is just right for me.
Well, that was quick. Quick observation: it's always the anti-thin bigots that jump in on a thread with some outrageous anti-thin comment, which, if the tables were turned (hard to do if your rolls overlap it) would result in the fat-mob piling on (oof!).

Okay, cut it out. If you need validation from "guys on the Relationships forum" to reinforce your "curvy" self-esteem, I'd say really you have issues.

Yep, you guessed it, I'm a "pygmy", but not size 4-6, more like size 2-4, and 5'4" (which is average height according to U.S. stats). It works for me. I don't need "guys on the Relationships forum" to tell me whether I am acceptable, I already know I am. Beat that, sister.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 07:39 AM

3,616 posts, read 3,884,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I just feel like it's pretty obvious we already know by post 4 what body type the male wants: tall and thin. The end. Did we really need yet another thread about it? So IMO, it's just a way to slam those that don't fit the ideal....Also, that sounds very nice, I guess maybe b/c of A.S. & no physical contact, I don't really concentrate on these types of things. I don't know.
I disagree with you. I would date any woman who is in decent shape (not pencil thin) from 5'2"-6'0". Most have been under 5'5". In fact, all serious girlfriends and wife were under 5'5". I have no height preference. Although I would like to date a tall woman ONLY because I never really have. Certainly not a make or break for me. As for weight, I'm a little more liberal than what I've said here. Too thin isn't good because chances are she doesn't have a butt. I can work with curvy (depending on how you define it), athletic, average, or maybe thin.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:17 AM

7,736 posts, read 13,967,370 times
Ohhh, how I love it when men start throwing out women's clothing size as a reference to build & size. It just shows you they have no freakin' clue.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:44 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,512,055 times
It all depends on how the weight is distributed a little extra in the right place is a good thing.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:01 AM

2,482 posts, read 2,609,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
It really depends on the build. I can't stand when someone goes by pants size, which is so arbitrary for women. It varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. Right now I've got 3 different sizes in my closet and they all fit the same which makes shopping a chore sometimes.

I am 5' 3 1/2" and when I was 123lbs I wore a size 8. I was not fat...I had muscle and ab definition. I was curvy though, so there was no way my ass was going to fit into a size 4 or 6. My friend, who was built straight as an arrow, could fit a size 6 and she was about an inch taller and roughly 130lbs. She was skinny fat.
Very interesting observation. I agree completely with that. Women come in so many shapes and sizes that pant size can be a very tough one to deal with

Old 06-18-2012, 11:35 AM

26,875 posts, read 28,154,657 times
Clothing size is a very useless metric without knowing body type, and body composition. People can be "skinny fat," thin, muscular, busty, hippy, curvy, athletic, overweight etc at any size.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:06 PM

3,053 posts, read 3,428,459 times
Thin women with large breasts, curvy hips and small and tight butts. Mid range height 5'3-5'6...

Old 06-19-2012, 10:31 AM

2,482 posts, read 2,609,243 times
I will admit I like different types of women but proportion is the key for me. I like some curves and a nice butt and chest. But any feature that really overshadows the rest of her body would be a little too much for me. And a beautiful face is a must.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:42 AM

5,517 posts, read 8,765,629 times
For me, it would be relatively short (under 5'4) with a softer fuller figure. I cant stand skinny (or tall) women, especially those that lack any discernable ass, nor can I stand muscle tone or definition on a woman. I also dispise disproportionate body types, such as what some people would refer to as "bootydo" (condition of having a bigger gut than ass), or women who have a bulkier middle, but stand on "stick" legs.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:46 AM

5,517 posts, read 8,765,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I just feel like it's pretty obvious we already know by post 4 what body type the male wants: tall and thin. The end. Did we really need yet another thread about it? So IMO, it's just a way to slam those that don't fit the ideal....Also, that sounds very nice, I guess maybe b/c of A.S. & no physical contact, I don't really concentrate on these types of things. I don't know.
Eh, I think tall thin girls are disgusting....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty