U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 11:06 AM

8,738 posts, read 9,583,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
Eh, I think tall thin girls are disgusting....
Yea, Heidi Klum and the like are just soooo gross! Right....more men watch the V.S. fashion show then women, but they must be tuning in to see how "gross" those women are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 11:11 AM

8,738 posts, read 9,583,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
I disagree with you. I would date any woman who is in decent shape (not pencil thin) from 5'2"-6'0". Most have been under 5'5". In fact, all serious girlfriends and wife were under 5'5". I have no height preference. Although I would like to date a tall woman ONLY because I never really have. Certainly not a make or break for me. As for weight, I'm a little more liberal than what I've said here. Too thin isn't good because chances are she doesn't have a butt. I can work with curvy (depending on how you define it), athletic, average, or maybe thin.

OKay, if you say that's what you date, then I can't say otherwise. But I'm sorry, the ones saying they do not like these Victoria Secret types are flat out lying ....What I see guys saying is, so and so woman is fat, but IMO she's not and then they say these little skinny girls have "curves" and IMO they DON'T. Also another think I notice is they always say "athletic" which is basically another way of saying they like skinny women . It's always the first thing on the list; they never say "average" or some woman with "flat wide hips" until farther down the list, if at all.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:16 AM

24,757 posts, read 32,902,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I just feel like it's pretty obvious we already know by post 4 what body type the male wants: tall and thin. The end. Did we really need yet another thread about it? So IMO, it's just a way to slam those that don't fit the ideal....Also, that sounds very nice, I guess maybe b/c of A.S. & no physical contact, I don't really concentrate on these types of things. I don't know.
What males are these? Not all men want tall and thin. I think you've seen that by now.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:18 AM

Quote:
OKay, if you say that's what you date, then I can't say otherwise. But I'm sorry, the ones saying they do not like these Victoria Secret types are flat out lying ....What I see guys saying is, so and so woman is fat, but IMO she's not and then they say these little skinny girls have "curves" and IMO they DON'T. Also another think I notice is they always say "athletic" which is basically another way of saying they like skinny women . It's always the first thing on the list; they never say "average" or some woman with "flat wide hips" until farther down the list, if at all.
You are way, way off.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:22 AM

26,875 posts, read 28,154,657 times
I think the only unifying trait is small defined waist.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:38 AM

5,517 posts, read 8,765,629 times
Quote:
Yea, Heidi Klum and the like are just soooo gross! Right....more men watch the V.S. fashion show then women, but they must be tuning in to see how "gross" those women are.
I dont really care what other men find attractive. You made a blanket statement, and I am just one example of a guy who doesnt fit your stereotypical assumption.

I cant sit through a minute of any of those model shows because I find them so hideously repulsive.

However, if they looked more like this

http://www.stud-center.com/wallpaper/danielle-fishel/51211.html

I might

Old 06-19-2012, 11:39 AM

2,482 posts, read 2,609,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I think the only unifying trait is small defined waist.
I will agree that a small waist would be ideal in the eyes of a lot of men but the problem is that when it comes to women there are so many different body types that it is not one size fits all. I have seen very thin women with very large breasts and that can cause back problems in the future, also I have seen women with very tiny waists but from the hips down they are huge. I have also seen women with large torsos and skinny arms and legs. That is why I like proportion for the most part. but for me a beautiful face can make other flaws less obvious. No matter what I think every woman can maximize the best of what she has and look great.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:43 AM

5,517 posts, read 8,765,629 times
Quote:

I think you are very jaded and bitter.

Check out the picture I posted of Danielle Fishel. I would be far more likely to approach someone of her build (she is also about 5'1 from what I can gather) than Heidi Klum, any day of the week.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:

Check out the picture I posted of Danielle Fishel. I would be far more likely to approach someone of her build (she is also about 5'1 from what I can gather) than Heidi Klum, any day of the week.
Agreed.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:11 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,443,013 times
Quote:

Well, come on, who wouldn't want to date Topanga? But I do think you're being quite hyperbolic referring to any woman outside of your narrow preference range as "repulsive". Everyone has their preferences, but most have the capacity to at least appreciate why something outside of their preference might be considered desirable by others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty