U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-17-2007, 03:46 AM
 
Location: Oxford, England
13,036 posts, read 21,516,228 times
Reputation: 19858

Advertisements

Hermes "Kelly" bag ( the original). Still hasn't been bettered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-17-2007, 10:51 AM
MB2
 
Location: Sebastian/ FL
3,496 posts, read 8,563,577 times
Reputation: 2688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibound-Yorkiemom View Post
They are not my favorites though. They are too common. I like bags that are more exotic or more exclusive.Where i live people tend to carry coach bags or dooney & burke (sp).
.................................................. ...................................My hubby is supposed to be getting me a Chanel next month for our anniversary. I'm very excited about that!
That's just what I have a PROBLEM with...everyone runs around with the same darn purses and bags anymore.
No matter if they are the "originals" or even fake.
It just takes the "fun" out for me in a way.
I have 2 purses no one else has....because they are created/ designed by ME, and done by an exclusive leather boutique in my hometown in Germany.
I am pretty proud of them, get A LOT of compliments, and yeah....they did cost me a bundle.
They are, indeed, very special and exclusive to me.....lol.
By the way...the same goes for my jewelry....no one else has my designs, because they are all designed by me....custom created for me.
That's what makes it so much fun, and brings in the uniqueness.

Happy Anniversary, my dear!
Hope your husband was getting "the hints" you gave him...ahem, ahem....lol.

Last edited by MB2; 10-17-2007 at 10:55 AM.. Reason: add
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2007, 03:23 PM
 
253 posts, read 1,013,818 times
Reputation: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post
That's just what I have a PROBLEM with...everyone runs around with the same darn purses and bags anymore.
No matter if they are the "originals" or even fake.
It just takes the "fun" out for me in a way.
I have 2 purses no one else has....because they are created/ designed by ME, and done by an exclusive leather boutique in my hometown in Germany.
I am pretty proud of them, get A LOT of compliments, and yeah....they did cost me a bundle.
They are, indeed, very special and exclusive to me.....lol.
By the way...the same goes for my jewelry....no one else has my designs, because they are all designed by me....custom created for me.
That's what makes it so much fun, and brings in the uniqueness.

Happy Anniversary, my dear!
Hope your husband was getting "the hints" you gave him...ahem, ahem....lol.

Unique bags are cool. It is nice that you design your own bags. As far as my husband getting me a Chanel it was his idea. I wanted a Nintendo WEE Don't get me wrong though I'm not complaining! I typically don't play video games but that system looks fun We will probably get it as well or maybe I'll get it for him He loves video games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2007, 08:31 AM
MB2
 
Location: Sebastian/ FL
3,496 posts, read 8,563,577 times
Reputation: 2688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibound-Yorkiemom View Post
Unique bags are cool. It is nice that you design your own bags. As far as my husband getting me a Chanel it was his idea. I wanted a Nintendo WEE Don't get me wrong though I'm not complaining! I typically don't play video games but that system looks fun We will probably get it as well or maybe I'll get it for him He loves video games.
ARE YOU SERIOUS??????
Your DH thought of getting you that purse all by himself????
Wow, wow, wow...that is so GREAT!
As for the Wii.....boy, if you guys are getting that, you will have a blast....lol...because it is SO COOL!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2007, 02:55 PM
 
253 posts, read 1,013,818 times
Reputation: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post
ARE YOU SERIOUS??????
Your DH thought of getting you that purse all by himself????
Wow, wow, wow...that is so GREAT!
As for the Wii.....boy, if you guys are getting that, you will have a blast....lol...because it is SO COOL!!!!
What can I say, I trained him well I met him before I was a fashion Diva. To tell you the truth hes the one who introduced me to Sex in the City the show that made me fashion obessed and caused me to change my entire wardrobe after we bought our first house in 2000. I was in my mid 20s and had managed to avoid being the label ***** that I am today. Sex in the City changed that. He introduced me so its his fault. He understands that!
I've been a big influence on him so he now loves fashion for himself too. Hes a big Fan of Hugo Boss Armani & Joesph Aboud so he understands a little more. Hes still a typical guy who hates shopping.

Thanks for the fine endorsement of the Wii. I may not wait till next month. Maybe we will get it this weekend.
I see your moving back to PA. Philly? Are you a native of PA? We in Rittenhouse Square nieghborhood were NYC Natives though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2007, 11:33 AM
MB2
 
Location: Sebastian/ FL
3,496 posts, read 8,563,577 times
Reputation: 2688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibound-Yorkiemom View Post
What can I say, I trained him well I met him before I was a fashion Diva. To tell you the truth hes the one who introduced me to Sex in the City the show that made me fashion obessed and caused me to change my entire wardrobe after we bought our first house in 2000. I was in my mid 20s and had managed to avoid being the label ***** that I am today. Sex in the City changed that. He introduced me so its his fault. He understands that!
I've been a big influence on him so he now loves fashion for himself too. Hes a big Fan of Hugo Boss Armani & Joesph Aboud so he understands a little more. Hes still a typical guy who hates shopping.

Thanks for the fine endorsement of the Wii. I may not wait till next month. Maybe we will get it this weekend.
I see your moving back to PA. Philly? Are you a native of PA? We in Rittenhouse Square nieghborhood were NYC Natives though.
OMG...Hugo Boss is the "off the chain" and the "bomb" in the male fashion industry....I LOOOOVVVVEEEEE his fashion sense as being more modern, hip, timeless and cosmopolitan.
Saying that...my husband looks SOOOOOO AWESOME in those clothes....huh!!!!
(When my husband wears Hugo, he looks like an Italian Mafia Guy....lol.....to die for......*drool*....lol

Well, I have lived in PA for many, many years (Dunmore, Scranton, Taylor, Drums and Hazleton) but originally I am from Germany.
My CD Screen Name is a bit misleading, because after being here in Fl for 4 1/2 years, we did think about moving back ......which we did for 2 months...just to turn around AGAIN to come BACK to FL! ROTFL
I should change my CD name to "MovingBack2FL", but, there is already a similar name out there, and second, A LOT of members know me by THAT name....I would screw them all up....LOL.

As for the Wii....my son went out and got one...and we end up playing it ALL THE TIME.....huh.
Advice to you....watch out for the tennis game....I went out of "control" and ended up hitting my son in the jaw....ROTFL....It's "dangerous"......LOL.
(Maybe that's why he wants to put his Football helmet on, when he teams up with me????? )

And, coming back to the original topic of this thread......I have seen several new handbags/ purses I find very interesting and so chic.
I spotted several I really like in the "Boston Proper" Catalogue, and they are no big names at all.
But, as I have said before.....they have to "speak" to me, AND have to be unique to appeal to me......and once I find one, I am sold, and just HAVE to have it...lol.

Last edited by MB2; 10-19-2007 at 11:54 AM.. Reason: edit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2007, 06:46 PM
 
253 posts, read 1,013,818 times
Reputation: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post
OMG...Hugo Boss is the "off the chain" and the "bomb" in the male fashion industry....I LOOOOVVVVEEEEE his fashion sense as being more modern, hip, timeless and cosmopolitan.
Saying that...my husband looks SOOOOOO AWESOME in those clothes....huh!!!!
(When my husband wears Hugo, he looks like an Italian Mafia Guy....lol.....to die for......*drool*....lol

Well, I have lived in PA for many, many years (Dunmore, Scranton, Taylor, Drums and Hazleton) but originally I am from Germany.
My CD Screen Name is a bit misleading, because after being here in Fl for 4 1/2 years, we did think about moving back ......which we did for 2 months...just to turn around AGAIN to come BACK to FL! ROTFL
I should change my CD name to "MovingBack2FL", but, there is already a similar name out there, and second, A LOT of members know me by THAT name....I would screw them all up....LOL.

As for the Wii....my son went out and got one...and we end up playing it ALL THE TIME.....huh.
Advice to you....watch out for the tennis game....I went out of "control" and ended up hitting my son in the jaw....ROTFL....It's "dangerous"......LOL.
(Maybe that's why he wants to put his Football helmet on, when he teams up with me????? )

And, coming back to the original topic of this thread......I have seen several new handbags/ purses I find very interesting and so chic.
I spotted several I really like in the "Boston Proper" Catalogue, and they are no big names at all.
But, as I have said before.....they have to "speak" to me, AND have to be unique to appeal to me......and once I find one, I am sold, and just HAVE to have it...lol.
You are so awesome! I hope you are doing well in Fl. We may be coming there for a short time. It all depends on what law schools I get in & if I decide to attend I love Germany. What part are you from? I spent about 3 months travelling from Berlin, Koln, Franfurt, Hamburg & Munich for Oktoberfest & to see Daucbe (sp). I had a awesome time.

As far the Wii is concerned I want the tennis game. Hubby is going down. I hope he will be ok. I'm so clumpsy.

As far as the type of bags are concerned I agree with you. Fashion should be about individual expression. There are plenty of bags that are awesome that are not designer. I'm just a label junkie so that is pretty much all I carry & wear as far as clothes & shoes go. However I can appreciate a good bags & chic clothing regardless of whether or not it has a name attached to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2012, 11:59 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
3,398 posts, read 6,958,123 times
Reputation: 2827
All right, Im going to revive an old thread. How many purse junkies do we have out there still?

I am a fledgling purse junkie, with my absolute favorite being Dooney. It takes ALOT from Coach to get me to even bat an eyelash, and I dont like Micheal Kors. Ick.


What say you, fellow purse people? :P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2012, 01:03 AM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
26,868 posts, read 28,145,186 times
Reputation: 25978
I like classic leather bags, mostly structured ones. These days with a crossbody strap.

I have some Coach bags, a few Michael Kors, Furla, and Kate Spade. Next on the list? Maybe Reed Krakow will be my super splurge. I think I am set for the moment. The only purse left on my list is a laptop bag.

I have seen some nice looking Dooney Bags, but the ones I like have been way too heavy. I like some Michael Kors bags, but the warranty is crappy, so stick to buying them at a department store. The nearby Furla store closed, so I don't know if I'll get more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2012, 09:05 AM
 
3,517 posts, read 5,441,583 times
Reputation: 5566
Nothing with a logo pattern like Coach and D&B so often do. I find them extremely ugly.

I'm a bit of a cheapo, but if I had a few hundred to drop on a purse it would be a Kate Spade. I like how most of her bags are classic but brightly colored, structured but feminine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top