U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 09:16 PM

8,668 posts, read 19,920,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
LOL.. interesting names for "Beauty Products".. foundation?? To me that sounds like something you'd find on a construction site!

Do they make "Drywall", "Insulation" and "Roof Tile" beauty products?
LOL! Well, if they start making foundation for men (which I actually think they may already!) those would be some good names for it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2007, 09:01 AM

51,067 posts, read 29,145,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
LOL! Well, if they start making foundation for men (which I actually think they may already!) those would be some good names for it!
I tried to give you rep points for that KayKay, but I wasn't able to.

If you wanna talk to me about foundations, you'd better be referring to concrete and steel!

Old 10-29-2007, 08:15 PM

8,000 posts, read 16,808,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leana76 View Post
I love CoverGirl Foundation. It's so smooth, natural looking, and blends in really good to my complexion of my face.
I agree here, covergirl foundation is the best. I've been using it for 20 years. The rest of my makeup is a mix of MAC, Loreal & Mary Kay.

Old 10-29-2007, 08:16 PM

8,000 posts, read 16,808,509 times
Quote:
LOL.. interesting names for "Beauty Products".. foundation?? To me that sounds like something you'd find on a construction site!

Yeah, well maybe our face is a construction site, first we have to lay the foundation on ~ then start building on it with eyeliner, mascara, blush, lipstick, etc.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:36 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,169,454 times
Quote:

You've never heard of Cover Girl before?? It's been around for many, many years. Some famous models used to be the spokesmodels for CoverGirl (like Christy Brinkley).

Old 10-30-2007, 02:38 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,169,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68 View Post
I agree here, covergirl foundation is the best. I've been using it for 20 years. The rest of my makeup is a mix of MAC, Loreal & Mary Kay.
Me too. I've used it since I started wearing makeup (since I was about 14). I love it. And it's the least expensive brand that anyone can afford too.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:00 PM

1,005 posts, read 1,389,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlekitten View Post
I was reading an add that recommended you mixing whatever your choice in foundantions, as a base covering, with actual sunscreen. I've seen people do it with lotion as well.

any thoughts or comments on this? I know that adding a dab or 2 of sunscreen to my foundation makes it blend and spread so much easier in the morning. If you do it with lotion instead, you just have to make sure it's not one of those nasty greasy oily lotions... it will spread and blend nicely.. but it will clog your face so bad! your skin needs to be able to breathe, regardless of what you put on it, hehe.
Hi Fiddle -

You're right, you have to be careful on mixing, as anything on the face will sink into the skin, somewhat, eventually. Moisturizer is meant to absorb & will pull in foundation with it & cause clogging/blemishes/acne. An old model's trick is to blend moisturizer/water/foundation into the palm of hand & apply. Looks great & is nice for photos or special occasions, as it gives a nice flawless look, especially to dry skins. However, those who liked the look & wore this blend all the time had awful skin problems & needed professional facials.

Good question about mixing base with sunscreen, as some bases contain them, however, I don't know if sunscreen alone has moisturizing properties (those that assist absorbtion into the skin) or if it's additives allow it to sit on top of the skin. I guess it would be trial & error & ensuring one watches the skin carefully for signs of clogging/blemishes. Perhaps just applying moisturizer, then sunscreen, then foundation is our best bet? That's what I do since I've had skin cancer, on my face no less. By the way, Baby Aveeno has a nice feel to it, is easy to find & isn't too expensive. Many sunscreens feel like a lovely coating of cellophane all over the face & if they've got that beachy smell, I like them less. If you do try it, please let me know your results after a few weeks.

Have a good week... VV

Old 11-05-2007, 08:17 PM

65,154 posts, read 16,025,315 times
I like L"oreal,I like their makeup better,cover girl is great too!

Old 11-05-2007, 09:41 PM

1,917 posts, read 6,305,994 times
I use Jafra Always Stay on Make up. It works wonders on my excessively oily skin
Been using it for 13 years.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:27 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,159,589 times
I have found that crack works exceptionally well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty