Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 02:05 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,649,071 times

Advertisements

I use both Bare Minerals and Revlon Colorstay Foundation. Not together. One or the other. Like them both - but prefer the Colorstay more than the Minerals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2007, 03:21 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,798,653 times
Red face Merle Norman - The Best!

Have used MN since I was a teenager - 40+ yrs ago. Cleared up the teenage breakouts immediately... and has kept it clear as nothing has since! They have various kinds of foundations... from very light to heavy... with wide selection of colors... all blend in very well to match your complexion (with NO lines around the jaw, I hate that!... and none of that 'ole orange-looking liquid stuff some use!... ugh!).

Their foundations all contain sunblock, which, over the years, have proven to do just what they said they would do... protect my sensitive skin... alas... no wrinkles at all even now! If you start using it when you're younger like I did... you won't ever need wrinkle cream!

Also, do try the rest of their products, i.e., facial creams, cleansing creams, powder, lipsticks, eye makeup, etc., it's a one-stop shop for everything you need. You cannot go wrong... and while they may appear to be expensive at first... they last for a very longggg time... so well worth it!

I know I sound like a paid advertiser... but no... I, as well as my grandmother, mother, aunts and daughters... (and soon-to-be granddaughters)... are a family of well-satisfied customers!

Try it... you'll like it! They will give you a free facial to let you experiment with all of their products firsthand without purchase.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 10-13-2007 at 03:46 PM..

Old 10-14-2007, 09:45 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,658,282 times
I use Chanel Pro Lumiere. It's expensive as hell but a bottle lasts me a while. I am looking for a good powder to set it with though, so back to the counter I go! I had no luck with mineral makeup. I have very pale blotchy skin so its hard to find the right balance of cover and shade.

Old 10-17-2007, 11:13 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,431,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2sa View Post
Have used MN since I was a teenager - 40+ yrs ago. Cleared up the teenage breakouts immediately... and has kept it clear as nothing has since! They have various kinds of foundations... from very light to heavy... with wide selection of colors... all blend in very well to match your complexion (with NO lines around the jaw, I hate that!... and none of that 'ole orange-looking liquid stuff some use!... ugh!).

Their foundations all contain sunblock, which, over the years, have proven to do just what they said they would do... protect my sensitive skin... alas... no wrinkles at all even now! If you start using it when you're younger like I did... you won't ever need wrinkle cream!

Also, do try the rest of their products, i.e., facial creams, cleansing creams, powder, lipsticks, eye makeup, etc., it's a one-stop shop for everything you need. You cannot go wrong... and while they may appear to be expensive at first... they last for a very longggg time... so well worth it!

I know I sound like a paid advertiser... but no... I, as well as my grandmother, mother, aunts and daughters... (and soon-to-be granddaughters)... are a family of well-satisfied customers!

Try it... you'll like it! They will give you a free facial to let you experiment with all of their products firsthand without purchase.
I hear you loud and clear! lol
I have used MN as well, and have nothing but good things to say about it.
I have had my "trial periods" with the more expensive brands like Dior, Clinique, Chanel etc., but I was either not happy with the outcome and the "feel" of the products, or, I found out that they were conducting animal testings.
(Sorry, my opinion is that no animal should suffer in the name of "beauty"....that's absolutely appalling and frightening! )
I switched to Mary Kay right now, and use their Tinted Moisturizer with SPF. Natural sufficient coverage, stays well and feels well......and NO ANIMAL TESTINGS were done for the products to be good!
Impresses the heck out of me!

Old 10-24-2007, 01:49 PM

305 posts, read 798,146 times
i love MAC powder--and i also like bobby brown under eye concealer.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:41 AM

2,222 posts, read 10,646,529 times
I use Mineral Secrets. Works really well on covering rosacea. Never had a problem with photos. Blotchiness can sometimes be due to too much application or not letting your facial lotion dry enough prior to applying minerals.

Old 10-26-2007, 03:41 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,529,894 times
I love CoverGirl Foundation. It's so smooth, natural looking, and blends in really good to my complexion of my face.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:51 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,858,086 times
What brand of "foundation make-up" do I like best? Well the Foundation on my house is made up of concrete and rebar, and so far it worked very well!

Old 10-27-2007, 07:13 AM

27,337 posts, read 27,389,029 times
I too, like Cover Girl foundation and pressed powder.

Old 10-27-2007, 09:36 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,858,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
I too, like Cover Girl foundation and pressed powder.
LOL.. interesting names for "Beauty Products".. foundation?? To me that sounds like something you'd find on a construction site!

Do they make "Drywall", "Insulation" and "Roof Tile" beauty products?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty